ADVERTISEMENT

PA Primary

NovaHoops2002

VUSports.com All-American
Sep 28, 2009
You always hear about people waiting in long lines and having trouble voting etc - has anyone here every actually experienced that? I went to my polling place today and was in and out in less than 5 minutes. They even had donuts and coffee for voters. All this hullabaloo over voting issues and I've never seen a problem once.

I always show my ID because it's just easier than trying to get an 85 year old woman to find it in the book, as I was doing that this hippie looking election official, a Feel the Bern guy no doubt, darted across the room and said I don't need to show my ID to vote.

I don't understand why liberals hate this notion that you need ID to vote. You are asked for ID for the simplest of things these days much less important than casting a vote

Reactions: FatPhilM
I moved in August. My new district didn't have me in their little signature book even though I did the address/voter registration change when I renewed my license in December. The 80 year old election volunteer had to call the county office (on his Windows phone) and they told me that I needed to drive over and vote at my old precinct. The guy hung up the phone and said "f*ck it, just sign in a blank space on the back of the book and vote here". That's a real American right there. Fighting the bureaucracy and letting a man vote Trumo. He even gave my son a chocolate chip cookie.

200_s.gif

So now we know nd is really a Republican. If he voted in the dem primary they would hand him a carton of cigarettes

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
I've tried to vote twice and my vote has been thrown out twice because of bureaucratic issues. I'll hold out for general election, I don't even know if I'm registered dem or republican.

I think I am going to vote for Trump today. The prospect of the ensuing train wreck is too entertaining to pass up. Plus, everyone else is in AIPAC's pocket.

Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with

Reactions: tomjackleman
You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them... And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Reactions: NickleDimer
You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them... And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
Blue collar workers have been abandoned by both political parties which is the main reason Trumo is doing as well as he's done. You can throw out the religion and guns stuff but that's just a cliche. These people - coal miners, steel & auto workers have been left behind largely due to government regulations and bad trade deals. They have seen the American dream taken away from them. They were hard workers and loyal Americans who believed if you put in a hard day's work, you'd get a decent paycheck and be able to build something for themselves and their families. That's no longer true and they have been plunged into desperate circumstances. We (white collar people who had the advantages of an excellent education) have no idea what these people have been through. So spare us the stereotypical slogans.

Blue collar workers have been abandoned by both political parties which is the main reason Trumo is doing as well as he's done. You can throw out the religion and guns stuff but that's just a cliche. These people - coal miners, steel & auto workers have been left behind largely due to government regulations and bad trade deals. They have seen the American dream taken away from them. They were hard workers and loyal Americans who believed if you put in a hard day's work, you'd get a decent paycheck and be able to build something for themselves and their families. That's no longer true and they have been plunged into desperate circumstances. We (white collar people who had the advantages of an excellent education) have no idea what these people have been through. So spare us the stereotypical slogans.

TJC falling hook, line, and sinker for it. So good.

That's from Obama in 08

TJC falling hook, line, and sinker for it. So good.

That's from Obama in 08
Wrong. I just wanted to explain what the real situation is all about. It's obvious it was not typical of ball's style of posting and I really didn't care who or what the source was. It's bullshit regardless of the source.

Wrong. I just wanted to explain what the real situation is all about. It's obvious it was not typical of ball's style of posting and I really didn't care who or what the source was. It's bullshit regardless of the source.
I'm sure.

Here are a few....

@TheFoyeEffect: The victim complex of Trump supporters will only get worse, and by their nature, they're too stupid to learn their lesson.

@TheFoyeEffect: The first term of a Hillary Clinton presidency after beating Trump with ~400 electoral votes is going to be terrifying.

@TheFoyeEffect: Think of every left wing pipe dream social engineering project that's been floated in recent years. It will happen.

@TheFoyeEffect: Trump will get roughly 90 percent of jorts-wearing republican voters who root for the "Iggles" or "Stillers"

It's been confirmed that guy is mentally challenged right? Or has autism?

I do t see anything like that on his bio....

Former terrible blogger. Nocturnal. Safe keeper of nudes. Prolific purveyor of mostly useless knowledge. Steroid era enthusiast. OG. #LoveTheMets #smod2016

Our man Foye is not happy with Trumo's dominance tonight.

Looks like Clinton got more votes than Trump in every state last night....and the Dems over the GOP. No surprise in DE, CT and RI, but not a good sign for the general election nonetheless.

Btw, that old Obama quote really nailed it for why Trump is winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT