ADVERTISEMENT

Perretta gets win # 600 today

Coach4pride

Diaper Dandy
Dec 3, 2003
"It's not the coach who wins 600 games," the 55-year-old Perretta said. "It's the players that have played in this program. Getting 600 wins is more a reflection on the players that have played here than the coach. I just happened to be here for all of them.

"Obviously that UConn game means a lot and when we made the Final Four in 1981. You always remember those type of games. But it's the other games. You can't get to 600 with just those wins. I can't remember every one, but I remember most of them."

His 600th victory came against Iona, which is coached by his good friend Tony Bozzella. The Gaels presented Perretta with a ball after the game and his team mobbed him as the crowd chanted, "Harry, Harry, Harry."

"Harry is everything that's right with women's basketball," Bozzella said. "How could I not honor him? I'd want my daughter to play for him."

VU 76 Iona 47

Shag Crawford's son, Joe, former NBA ref is a volunteer asst this year. Congrats to Harry on turning 600 and his Lady Cats for their great start of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT