ADVERTISEMENT

Planned Parenthood

Bros without kids talking about Abortion... the ultimate YAWN.

Not trying to be the priest from Gran Torino talking about things I've read about and been lectured on in John Barry Hall, just speaking from an objective, humanist perspective. I think having children does offer some insights I don't currently have access to, but I think it also allows me an unbiased perspective on the matter.

Because we live in an open society with individual freedoms. Just because I believe it's murder doesn't give me the right to impose that view on another person or persons. It's a free will decision by the woman who, ultimately, will have to face the consequences for her decision.

We do live in a "free" society. Those freedoms end quite abruptly (and rightfully) when it comes to violence. Abortion is an inherently violent action. In some cases, we tolerate violence in self-defense (similar to a woman electing for an abortion for her own health), but it should not be endorsed for convenience (social or economical).

I think having children does offer some insights I don't currently have access to, but I think it also allows me an unbiased perspective on the matter
No, it just means that you don't have enough information. You're certainly entitled to your opinion and I understand it, but recognize the limitations that your experience impose on it.

Having been through a good 15+ ultrasounds changed my opinion on the subject. Prior I was agnostic. Post, you cannot convince me that's not life. The law will never change and I don't understand the "right to choose" argument. A choice was made at conception. Who speaks for those who cannot speak? I guess they don't have the same right to choose life. Regardless, I understand there are circumstances I cannot comprehend so it's not a topic that shapes my political beliefs. Seems like it's used prior to election season to fire up one constituency or another. Things like, "the war on women". I find it completely disingenuous.

Mets games?
052105_nym_koo_double_medres_vbdkmwmh.gif

I need to understand the level of the prevailing outrage here. Can someone help?

Level 0:
Are they upset with anything that PP does from handing out jimmy hats on up?

Level 1:
Are they upset that PP facilitates abortion?

Level 2:
Are they upset PP is doing this (providing tissue/fetus for research with the patient's consent)?

Level 3:
Are they upset that PP is taking any money at all for providing samples (enough to offset cost of shipping/handling presumably)?

Level 4:
Are they upset that they're taking too much money for doing this (i.e. making a profit on it)?

How can you say its not true. They are profiting off selling organs. They are not giving them away for scientific study they are selling them for profit.

Let's get this straight and not from an idiot reading "Lifenews" - There is no "profit." PP is charging money only to cover the procedures' costs and are only performed with the patient's consent.

These released videos are pathetic attempts at sting operations where hundreds of hours of secretly recorded video footage - using false identities - is whittled down to a few minutes to incite the pro-life community.

If there is no attempt at profit, why "negotiate" prices on this. By definition, that's how you increase profit. It sounds like she's very familiar with the process.

Watch the full video:

"Well, now you’re shading into the area of you’re paying me to do something that’s not right. So that’s not what I want to talk about!” she replies.

You don't know what you're talking about. Come back to me when you've built TWO chinese fetus parts harvesting clinics FROM THE GROUND UP.
You are such a consistent dickhead. I love it. Talk to me when you're ready to move to DC.

Let's be fair, the editorial board of the NYT is not comprised of normal people. Your statement undermines any credible argument. Especially when you are citing fox watchers is ano th er post. C'mon now.

Right, fox is crazy but NYT editorial board is the bastion of balanced, unbiased thinking.

Wash post, another non-biased bastion of political thought. You going to link to msnbc next?

What do you want, the Washington Post and New York Times are the two best papers in the country.

anyone who watches the video can only come to one conclusion if they are truly unbiased. The statements about not negotiating against myself and I want a lambo. Sure some liberal writer can say they were joking or it was taken out of context but the video speaks for itself. By the way I love the fox news bias they just showed a video what else needs to be said.

Once again ones own words and motions speak for themselves. The BS comes from trying to explain it away as if the video was imagined

I need to understand the level of the prevailing outrage here. Can someone help?

Level 0:
Are they upset with anything that PP does from handing out jimmy hats on up?

Level 1:
Are they upset that PP facilitates abortion?

Level 2:
Are they upset PP is doing this (providing tissue/fetus for research with the patient's consent)?

Level 3:
Are they upset that PP is taking any money at all for providing samples (enough to offset cost of shipping/handling presumably)?

Level 4:
Are they upset that they're taking too much money for doing this (i.e. making a profit on it)?

No one has answered this question. Pipermal, please help out.

Not sure where the outrage is coming from, other than an obviously joking reference to a luxury car.

It's really the most pathetic attempt at entrapment I've ever seen. Of course it didn't succeed. This was amateur hour. And PP's general counsel says the same activist who released last week's video has illegally taped staff or patients at least 65 times over the last decade. These are abject losers with a contemptible agenda.

It's really the most pathetic attempt at entrapment I've ever seen. Of course it didn't succeed. This was amateur hour. And PP's general counsel says the same activist who released last week's video has illegally taped staff or patients at least 65 times over the last decade. These are abject losers with a contemptible agenda.

Isn't the guy 26? He's been doing this since he was 16?

ND I love the fact that I struck a nerve in your lazy a** with my from the ground up comment. I laugh every time I see you reference it. By the way I already have a lambo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT