ADVERTISEMENT

Porzingis and the "Process"

exactly. Burrs, we're both Sixer fans but one of us is delusional. ND, I'm thinking the Raptors should be your new team. Kyle is awesome to watch.

Did any mock draft or analyst have Porzingis going 2nd or 3rd in that draft?

I'm not sure. I think it's possible that maybe some did. From what I recall I don't think too many did, though.

I agree with JG and think that Hinkie made a mistake here. Personally, I never had an opinion on KP because I never saw him play. However, from what I understand, Hinkie did see him play a ton. Not sure what his situation was overseas, but it's hard to imagine him not showing flashes of what he has demonstrated in a half of season in the NBA. If that's the case, then SH dropped the ball with this. I'm not has harsh on Okafor as some others are. I still think the kid can turn into a very good player, with the Sixers or not. If it's the latter, then I think they'll get something very good back.

Just checked some mock drafts from last year. Ten mocks with one (Basketball Insiders) having four guys listed, so 13 all together.

KP going...

#4 = 3
#5 = 6
#7 = 1
#8 = 1
#9 = 2

Top level free agents like Limping Elton Brand, Matt Geiger and Luc Mbah A Moute have historically flocked to the CoP.

Never said FAs flocked here in the past. However, I think much of that is based off of serious CAP issues over the years. Remember, to lure good players you have to have solid pieces in place and CAP SPACE.

Anyhow, they haven't flocked to the CODB either. If they did, then they wouldn't have been irrelevant for as long as they have.

Oh yea, LMAM came here via trade.

exactly. Burrs, we're both Sixer fans but one of us is delusional. ND, I'm thinking the Raptors should be your new team. Kyle is awesome to watch.

How am I delusional? I'm not saying anything crazy.

Yea, switch to TOR, maybe thy'll win a playoff game this year. They have no shot to win anything. Kyle is fun to watch, but he'll be 30 next month. On top of that, DeRozen is 50/50 to leave after this season.

How am I delusional? I'm not saying anything crazy.

Yea, switch to TOR, maybe thy'll win a playoff game this year. They have no shot to win anything. Kyle is fun to watch, but he'll be 30 next month. On top of that, DeRozen is 50/50 to leave after this season.
How about the Warriors. Cool uni's and that Curry guy is pretty fun to watch. Go W's!

Kyle Lowry does not take kindly to criticism, burrs. Watch it.

Love Lowry as a player. TOR is a nice little story. They need to win a playoff series this year. I'd like to see them get to conf. finals. I think that's their ceiling.

the knicks right now have a 50/50 chance of winning a game ( according to their record )....the 6ers have a chance to win every time the other team doesn't come to the arena.....
Relevant---- legit shot at playoffs
And just watched the end of Okla-LSU and Dickie V said that Simmons needs to get that fire in his belly ........

Who cares? It's sports, not life and death. If in the end they be one viable then no one will remember or care about 3-4 awful years.

Yea, the laughing stock who hasn't had the worst record and might not again this year.
Wow.

Love Lowry as a player. TOR is a nice little story. They need to win a playoff series this year. I'd like to see them get to conf. finals. I think that's their ceiling.
This is rich. "They need to win a playoff series" While you have no problem with your team being an embarrassment and a laughing stock.

the knicks right now have a 50/50 chance of winning a game ( according to their record )....the 6ers have a chance to win every time the other team doesn't come to the arena.....
Relevant---- legit shot at playoffs
And just watched the end of Okla-LSU and Dickie V said that Simmons needs to get that fire in his belly ........

Actually, the Knicks have a 46.9% chance of winning according to their record.

The Sixers are competitive more times than not now. Of course, it's not going to translate to a lot of wins. But that's good right now.

Spare me with maybe making the playoffs as relevant. They have zero chance to win right now.

Simmons does need to be more aggressive and put his team on his back. Too unselfish. Not a bad thing at 18. His drive and reverse dunk shows that's it there. I blame the coach some. He needs to insist that Simmons gets ball on first pass after a timeout. Create or score.

Oh yea, Hield can flat out shoot it. Unreal off catch and shoot and ultra-quick release.

This is rich. "They need to win a playoff series" While you have no problem with your team being an embarrassment and a laughing stock.

Different goals for different clubs.

If the Sixers were swept in the playoffs last year with an AS backcourt, then you can bet I'd be saying they needed to win a playoff series this year.

Cmon Nardi. Try and keep up.

But this exactly my point. What good is winning 50 RS games if you can't do anything in the playoffs?

burrs....Are you telling me you would rather not make the playoffs....If so then you are a 6ers superfan and right what the management wants
Hield would be my choice over Dunn.....I think he will be able to score at the next level

burrs....Are you telling me you would rather not make the playoffs....If so then you are a 6ers superfan and right what the management wants
Hield would be my choice over Dunn.....I think he will be able to score at the next level

No, if I was a Knicks fan right now I'd definitely be hoping for a playoff appearance. They're in the hunt. However, they're not an ascending team. Melo is a 12-year, declining vet. They have some solid vets, which is basically all you need to sniff the playoffs. But in the end, if you're not ascending, what's the point? They have no shot to win. They have no 1st Rd pick next year. And say next year they're a 6th-8th in EC. the 17th-18th pick in 2017 isn't going to help all that much either.

I want the Sixers to make the playoffs, but I don't want mediocre and purgatory for a decade. Do you understand the difference? Oh yea, I believe in the last dozen years the Sixers have won more playoff games and series than the Knicks.

Simmons doesn't seem to give a crap about winning in college. Knows he's the top pick. Content to defer to his teammates and let them get their own shine. Not sure if I love this attitude about him.

Your point of view for a sports team is weird. Would rather be terrible than mediocre.

Not all sports, but the NBA is a different animal. If you watched it then you might understand it better. You need stars to win consistently. You can't get stars without high picks. They don't fall off of trees and don't sell them at the grocery store.

There's five guys on a court, the best players matter more. No other sport is like it.

And I wouldn't mind mediocre if the team was ascending. I don't want purgatory medicore. Like I said, if the Sixers are viable in coming years and sustain is for a decade, then this 3-4 year period will be a distant memory.

Seriously, you guys have to comprehend better when I explain myself.

Simmons doesn't seem to give a crap about winning in college. Knows he's the top pick. Content to defer to his teammates and let them get their own shine. Not sure if I love this attitude about him.

I think he gives a crap. He just plays unselfishly and sometimes to a fault. He'll gradually move away from that. Look at his body at 18. Now, picture it when he's 25 and possessing the skill set he has. Lethal. He'll be a player who can score 12 points and still dominate a game. James was this way as a youngster and still flashes it from time to time now. He's not the athlete or locomotive James is, but he has a similar skill set.

Not all sports, but the NBA is a different animal. If you watched it then you might understand it better. You need stars to win consistently. You can't get stars without high picks. They don't fall off of trees and don't sell them at the grocery store.

There's five guys on a court, the best players matter more. No other sport is like it.

And I wouldn't mind mediocre if the team was ascending. I don't want purgatory medicore. Like I said, if the Sixers are viable in coming years and sustain is for a decade, then this 3-4 year period will be a distant memory.

Seriously, you guys have to comprehend better when I explain myself.
I understand that NBA is not really a team game and one player can change the team.

Sixers have been a laughing stock for 3 years now. They are changing the rules so that they are not allowed to purposely lose. Any fan of this team really shouldn't be commenting on other franchises. At what point (years) will you then begin to trash the franchise.

I understand that NBA is not really a team game and one player can change the team.

Sixers have been a laughing stock for 3 years now. They are changing the rules so that they are not allowed to purposely lose. Any fan of this team really shouldn't be commenting on other franchises. At what point (years) will you then begin to trash the franchise.

What rules have been changed?

Hey, a Knicks' fan commented first. I gave a rebuttal. This is usually how it works around here. Everyone understands the Sixers stink right now. What have the Knicks done for their fans to say anything about another team over the last 12-15 years?

I don't put years on it. It just comes to me when a trashing is in order. And I have often been critical. Just because you don't hear it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Oh yea, the NBA is absolutely a team game. You don't think the Warriors play like a team? The Spurs? Of course they do. But they also have great players. You need great players. It's that simple. And when you don't have them, then they're hard to find.

Sampson is less valuable than Thompson. Plays hard, but awful offensively. Canaan is less valuable than Thompson on most nights. At least Thompson makes threes at a 40% clip.

I think he gives a crap. He just plays unselfishly and sometimes to a fault. He'll gradually move away from that. Look at his body at 18. Now, picture it when he's 25 and possessing the skill set he has. Lethal. He'll be a player who can score 12 points and still dominate a game. James was this way as a youngster and still flashes it from time to time now. He's not the athlete or locomotive James is, but he has a similar skill set.

I never said I didn't want him. I absolutely do. Just feel like he could be taking over these games and prefers to defer.

I never said I didn't want him. I absolutely do. Just feel like he could be taking over these games and prefers to defer.

I wasn't insinuating that you did. I think that's part of it. But part of me feels that his first instinct is to set-up. I'm not sure he's comfortable with being focal point every time down. It's almost like he doesn't realize how good he is.

Is it too much to ask Noel and Okafor to make 50% of their free throws? That lost them the game tonight.

Is it too much to ask Noel and Okafor to make 50% of their free throws? That lost them the game tonight.

Yea, they were bad tonight. I think 4-12. For the season, Okafor (68%) has been better than I expected based off of Duke and summer league. He was over 70% for some time. Has dipped recently. Noel started off season decently, but has been poor over last month. And his 57% is a drop-off from last year when he basically improved from month to month.

Simmons is just another example of how these kids who are supposed to be all this or that in the draft have flaws. You can keep tanking but Lebron James isn't entering the draft anytime soon. Wiggins was supposed to the next great thing. Not likely, now Simmons etc...That's part of the problem with tanking. You end up with guys like Okafor who aren't going to be franchise-changing stars. Some drafts simply don't have those guys and this year is another example. Simmons will be a good player. However, he's got no jump shot and doesn't dominate 18-22 year olds in college so why do people think he'll dominate grown men who are pro's. Regardless, he's got a shot to be very good but not a lock hall of famer by any stretch.

ADP, in the last 15 years give me a list of players who did dominate 18-22 years old in college?

Durant?
Curry?
Westbrook?
Griffin?
Irving?
Cousins?
Paul?
Rose?
Wall?
Davis?
Harden?
Lillard?

Any of them? Truly dominate?

Anyone with a brain understand that Lebron James is a generational player and repeating such is at about 1%. No one expects that.

What that list above has in common with a kid like Simmons is that at 18-19 years old their best basketball was ahead of them.

Please, stop looking at these kids for a game or two and thinking what you see now is what you'll get forever. Just silly.

simmons is shooting 71% from the line. he makes shots in the lane. he's 19. if hield can go from an average shooter to redick in 3 years, i think simmons can improve some

i don't really have too much doubt that simmons will an elite nba player

and i like monte morris better than dunn. wouldn't mind getting him or even reaching for ulis with the okc pick

Burrs, I'm lookin at the recent history of the draft. Wasn't staskus the 8th pick two years ago? He sucks. You go through the top 10 and half these guys stink. So tanking to get a superstar has its obvious downside. That being, many drafts don't have one. Heck, sixers had the 3rd pick last year and didn't get the right guy. Some are already talking about trading him after half a season. Sixers have 2 tanks under their belt and got one guy who has never played and one who has never played defense and another overseas. The results don't lie.

Last edited:
ADP, in the last 15 years give me a list of players who did dominate 18-22 years old in college?

Durant?
Curry?
Westbrook?
Griffin?
Irving?
Cousins?
Paul?
Rose?
Wall?
Davis?
Harden?
Lillard?

Any of them? Truly dominate?

Anyone with a brain understand that Lebron James is a generational player and repeating such is at about 1%. No one expects that.

What that list above has in common with a kid like Simmons is that at 18-19 years old their best basketball was ahead of them.

Please, stop looking at these kids for a game or two and thinking what you see now is what you'll get forever. Just silly.

Durant, griffin, paul, davis, and curry were all dominant in college.Simmons will be a good player. However, he might not come to Philly and he's not a lock franchise changer. Lots of upside and I agree you can teach kids to shoot. Kid has a great baseline to improve.

Burrs, I'm lookin at the recent history of the draft. Wasn't staskus the 8th pick two years ago? He sucks. You go through the top 10 and half these guys stink. So tanking to get a superstar has its obvious downside. That being, many drafts don't have one. Heck, sixers had the 3rd pick last year and didn't get the right guy. Some are already talking about trading him after half a season. Sixers have 2 tanks under their belt and got one guy who has never played and one who has never played defense and another overseas. The results don't lie.

You can go thru every draft (Top 10 picks) for the last 30 years and find many guys who didn't amount to all that much.

I'm ok with the Sixers trading Okafor. And if they do I think they'll get something back that will help the team. they would be trading from a position of strength, hopefully.

ADP, I agree with you. I have always agreed with you. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES! How many more times do I have to say it?

Question......You just took over a mediocre at best organization. How are you fixing it? We already know that accumulating assets and trying for high picks wouldn't be the way to go for you. Fair. I get it. Now, tell me what you would do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT