ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Jeter Yankees

as002

'Nova Nation Sensation
Oct 9, 2009
Prolonged slump like the celtics after Larry? Or will they rebuild quickly?

Seems like the formula of buying free agents and prolonging their careers with steroids is no longer the best method. Andy Pettitte, Roger Clemons, Gary Sheffield, Jason Giambi, Mariano Rivera and A-Rod with all their fancy designer PEDs are not walking through that door.

Will the Yankees be able to adjust to the changing times? Or will they go back to their pre-Jeter-esque days?

They are now one of the old fashioned teams that haven't adapted to how baseball is played, and are suffering. The only problem is that their management and fans won't allow them to adapt because nobody will put up with a losing season like tankadelphia. So the yanks will be mired in mediocrity for years to come.

Who is Freeman? Is he as good as giambi?

Freddie+Freeman+Atlanta+Braves+v+Toronto+Blue+5ck1NwElymXl.jpg

They are now one of the old fashioned teams that haven't adapted to how baseball is played, and are suffering. The only problem is that their management and fans won't allow them to adapt because nobody will put up with a losing season like tankadelphia. So the yanks will be mired in mediocrity for years to come.
I thought that the Yankees had one of the more robust analytics and modern baseball thought front offices?

I don' t think this is necessarily the case... I think Hal and Cash are pretty practical and that you may see everyone available at the deadline if they aren't back in it. They know they have to get younger. They were saddled with a lot of age and big contracts and you can't turn it over in a year. Farm system hasn't been gr8 but they made a bunch of changes to the player development program the past year or so, bringing in new blood to run things.

I don't care what profession your grandmother's sister's husband is, this bullpen is filthy. Can't wait for all of their arms to fall off by the all star break from overwork in all of these 2-1 games.

Grade the Yankees starting pitchers individually right now.

Grade the Yankees starting pitchers individually right now.

Great idea, don't mind if I do.

Nova: A-. Lowest ERA of the starters, but with only 30 IP. Not walking guys, seems pretty solid right now. Looking forward to the inevitable "shoulder soreness" that will mess up the rest of his season.

Eovaldi: A. Best pitcher on the staff right now.

Sabathia: C+. Not doing so hot since getting clean.

Tanaka: B-. Has no marbles. Not worth the money. 1 win in 8 starts doesn't exactly make it move. He is eating innings though, and isn't getting the run support he should.

Pineda: D. Sucks.

Severino: D-. 0-6 in 7 starts is more than a sophomore slump. When he gets back from the DL he should be a long man depending on what Sabathia's deal is.

Big game tonight for Sabathia against some loser that Oakland is going to trot out there.

Edit: "Bump"

Injury update: A-Rod ran the bases at Oakland Coliseum today. Still no return date set. Saturday is the earliest he will come back.

giphy.gif

Yankees minor league report:

The #16 overall draft pick in the 2015 draft, pitcher James Kaprielian, who is also Armenian, is playing gr8 in advanced-A with 22 k to 3 bb in 3 starts. Currently ranked the #4 overall prospect in the CoDB farm system and will probably be in the majors in 2017.

AL. The Yankees are the CoDB's team. The Mets are the team for the cab drivers and weirdos like Shoop.

Split on that but I think they favor the white collar Yankees. I know a lot of Jewish Mets fans though.

Agree. Only losers from Strong Island and guidos from Queens like the Mets.

Long Island definitely has a solid Mets following because of the fact Queens is on Long Island whether people from Queens want to admit it or not and it is easier to get to than the Bronx, but Long Island is still pretty evenly split between Yanks and Mets fans. As far as guidos, regardless if they are from Queens or not, the Paisans have been pretty loyal to the Yankees because of names like Berra, Rizzuto and of course DiMaggio, although Piazza might have brought some over to the Mets in recent years.

Speaking of Piazza, did his brother go to Villanova, graduated early 2000s or was that just a rumor?

8-3 win for the good guys over those losers in Oakland. 6 innings of sharp ball for CC, picking up his hundredth win as a Yankee.

13 hits on the offensive side, including 3 doubles by Beltran.

Yankees currently 19-22, still in the cellar of the division, but only a half game behind Toronto and 2 games behind Tampa at the quarter marker of the season.

So who ends up with a better record at the end of season, CoP (NL) or CoDB (AL)?

Long Island definitely has a solid Mets following because of the fact Queens is on Long Island whether people from Queens want to admit it or not and it is easier to get to than the Bronx, but Long Island is still pretty evenly split between Yanks and Mets fans. As far as guidos, regardless if they are from Queens or not, the Paisans have been pretty loyal to the Yankees because of names like Berra, Rizzuto and of course DiMaggio, although Piazza might have brought some over to the Mets in recent years.

Speaking of Piazza, did his brother go to Villanova, graduated early 2000s or was that just a rumor?

What a Bucke70 type of post. As some douchebag would say "full marks"

A-Rod update: Targeting Tuesday against the Jays for a return.

Tanaka getting healthier and seems to be pitching a little better.

Refsnyder called up and hit a nice double but I guess he'll get sent back down when A-Rod comes back.

Starting to rolllllll

Also, MLB.com has been doing a cool feature for the 75th anniversary of DiMaggio's hit streak. Every day they post a recap of each game in order.

Game7_May21_DiMaggio_1280x720_9pzo59h4_u443hlo4.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT