ADVERTISEMENT

Reporter killed during news report

So in those states, I can just walk into a gun store and buy a handgun no questions asked? No permit needed?

So in those states, I can just walk into a gun store and buy a handgun no questions asked? No permit needed?
I had a buddy who left his office, drove to Walmart, bought a gun, played a round of golf and then shot himself in the head at his club. It was like buying a can of soup. All while his wife was pleading with him not to kill himself. The gun laws in this country are stupid. Note, this occured about 15 miles from the NRA headquarters.

None of those states require permits to own handguns, shotguns, or rifles.

There is also a correlation in that those 4 states have among the highest poverty rates in the country. But i'm not sure if we can or should draw any conclusions from that.
The state with the least restrictive gun laws in the country: Vermont
State with the fewest gun murders in 2010 (most recent year where I could find statistics): Vermont

West Virginia has a lot of guns, a lot of poverty, and very few gun murders.

Washington DC has unconstitutional gun restrictions, lots of poverty, and tons of gun murders.

Washington DC has unconstitutional gun restrictions, lots of poverty, and tons of gun murders.

Stop being coy. Just say it's because blacks are responsible for most gun deaths. There, elephant in room is now acknowledged.

what are you saying takes a full set of teeth to shoot someone? or - if you are getting a little something off your cousin you are less on edge and less likely to bust a cap in someones arse?

I had a buddy who left his office, drove to Walmart, bought a gun, played a round of golf and then shot himself in the head at his club. It was like buying a can of soup. All while his wife was pleading with him not to kill himself. The gun laws in this country are stupid. Note, this occured about 15 miles from the NRA headquarters.

what did he shoot?

Reactions: NickleDimer
2179882-50053_r_b_i_baseball_nes_screenshot_home_run_s.gif

Having to deal with people blaring music on their cell phones at Walmart was too much to bear?

State with the fewest gun murders in 2010 (most recent year where I could find statistics): Vermont

I'm all for those states modeling themselves more after Vermont. I just think a more realistic deterrent is requiring permits for guns. If it only saves a few lives per year, it's worth it.

Aren't assault rifles legal to purchase? What is the point of that? I can't think of any reason why a civilian would need one

Vermont doesn't tally a lot of murders for several reasons, the least of which is non-restrictive gun laws.

Vermont state population is 626K. Please. I think there are that many people living on 14th Street in Manhattan.

Demographics: White 95.2%. Black 1.2%. Need I go on?

The largest city is Burlington. It's a college town. It's also one of the most progressive and crunchy cities in the world. Bernie Sanders served four terms as mayor there. A bad year for murders is 15. They haven't had more than 20 in a year since 1993.

The rest of the state is farms and ski resorts. Farmers have guns. But a farmer doesn't go on a drive-by in his pickup with a sawed-off and take out homeboy and his entire crew because of a dispute over soybean prices.

The largest city is Burlington. It's a college town. It's also one of the most progressive and crunchy cities in the world. Bernie Sanders served four terms as mayor there. A bad year for murders is 15. They haven't had more than 20 in a year since 1993.

15 murders in a town of 42k is a ton. That would be like if the CoP had 535 murders a year, which it used to at it's peak.

My mistake - those numbers were for the entire state. Burlington usually has 0 murders per year, or like 1 or 3.

Aren't assault rifles legal to purchase? What is the point of that? I can't think of any reason why a civilian would need one
True assault rifles are not legal to purchase unless you're a licensed gun dealer.

Guns are available to civilians that are cosmetically similar to assault rifles but lack selective fire capability, the fundamental feature of assault rifles.

True assault rifles are not legal to purchase unless you're a licensed gun dealer.

Guns are available to civilians that are cosmetically similar to assault rifles but lack selective fire capability, the fundamental feature of assault rifles.

untrue, you can purchase kits to modify.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT