ADVERTISEMENT

Reporter killed during news report

If I said, it was a gay black man who killed those white people to someone, their response would be "what's that got to do with it?"

chapter10-picture-roger.jpg

If I said, it was a gay black man who killed those white people to someone, their response would be "what's that got to do with it?"

chapter10-picture-roger.jpg

I highly doubt that's the case considering everyone on here agrees with you and the shooter explicitly stated it was part of his reasoning

gal was a jmu grad, some of my younger friends who graduated knew her very well. guy went to va tech, that college just can't get away from insane shootings.

the other video where the shooter turns on his camera and walks up for like 30 seconds without them noticing is chilling, especially when you watch the actual broadcast and realize that he was standing there the whole time. you can tell he wants her to see him and yell before he starts shooting, she doesn't, so he fires off.

on the live broadcast you can hear the reporter still screaming even after the camera angle has gone away from her, so it sounds like she was shot a couple times and turned to run and was still alive when they cut back to the studio. the killer drops his camera, i'd imagine, because it's tough to aim one-handed and he needed to get a better shot off at a running target.

the cameraman gets shot and as he falls the camera goes back up towards the shooter and he's pointing the gun down at him before firing.

camera guy was dating a producer who was in the studio watching this happen live, today was her last day in that office they were throwing a party for the two of them later that day before they moved to charlotte i believe.

newscaster had just moved in with one of the anchors. lot of inter-office smashing going on there.

terrible terrible terrible.

you can tell he wants her to see him and yell before he starts shooting, she doesn't, so he fires off.

I thought he waited till the camera was back on her. The live shot opened with camera on the background and then when he panned to get her in frame and on TV, he started shooting.

Saw the clip from the cameraman. Watched it once, can't look at it again. Refuse to search out the shooters video. I know too many people in that business. This wasn't some high paid correspondent filming in a war zone or at a volatile protest or stakeout. This was a small town puff piece with a chamber of commerce rep. Incredibly sad and angry at the same time.

in the killer's video you hear 8 shots. The news just said he ripped off a total of 15. Probably stood over both them after camera shutting off.

4.6 is exactly well represented throughout America.

Our demographic is as big or bigger than any other.

I get your point though. The people with voices on the internet (thinkpiece writer types) won't touch this with a 10 foot pole. But just cause they were dumb enough to take a job writing for salon.com doesn't mean they represent the collective conscience.

Love the same old song and dance about toughening gun laws, and this needs to stop now blah blah. Seriously you can take a clip from a politician talking about guns from the 1980s and just insert it now and it's the same thing. Usually its a massacre that gets people up in arms (see what I did there) but sometimes 2 lilly white yuppies killed by a big bad negro is the equivalent of one Columbine. Really gets the liberal hoity toities steaming mad....for a day or so and then it's on to some other bullshit cause like defending some openly gay or transgender something or other for their "bravery"

Good to see that the NY DN is staying classy with that cover they plan to unleash tomorrow. Then again, what do you expect from the CoDB.

Love the same old song and dance about toughening gun laws, and this needs to stop now blah blah. Seriously you can take a clip from a politician talking about guns from the 1980s and just insert it now and it's the same thing. Usually its a massacre that gets people up in arms (see what I did there) but sometimes 2 lilly white yuppies killed by a big bad negro is the equivalent of one Columbine. Really gets the liberal hoity toities steaming mad....for a day or so and then it's on to some other bullshit cause like defending some openly gay or transgender something or other for their "bravery"

What is wrong with these dolts who get upset when people are murdered on live tv... Lol like get a life

Trump was killing it today. Saying that this was not a gun issue, but a mental health issue.

I am getting me one of those Trump hats.

Trump was killing it today. Saying that this was not a gun issue, but a mental health issue.

Yawn. Pretty stale politician speak for Trump. I expected something outrageous like "she obviously was on her period and that drew a killer to her like a shark that smells blood"

I am getting me one of those Trump hats.
Haha I love the Make America Great hats. I was talking about it with a friend - I bet you could make a killing selling those. The old school rope across the front makes the hat. I prefer the red one.

2AF5C51C00000578-0-image-a-46_1438254929235.jpg

Yawn. Pretty stale politician speak for Trump. I expected something outrageous like "she obviously was on her period and that drew a killer to her like a shark that smells blood"
He did say that where the most gun violence is in Chicago, where there are a lot of illegal immigrants.

I feel like the mental health aspect is always trivialized in these events. Obvious this man was a very disturbed individual...but until people start equating it to a disease then it will continue to be an issue that is danced around.

What is wrong with these dolts who get upset when people are murdered on live tv... Lol like get a life

My point is there are 10,000+ gun deaths each year. Yet people freak out over school shootings or something sensational like this snuff film stunt this guy pulled. Everyone just yawns at the rest.

My point is there are 10,000+ gun deaths each year. Yet people freak out over school shootings or something sensational like this snuff film stunt this guy pulled. Everyone just yawns at the rest.

You don't understand why people would freak out about 20 first graders being gunned down in an elementary school?

Really glad I was in Canada when this happened so I didn't have to see the insufferable reaction by the American media except on twitter.

You don't understand why people would freak out about 20 first graders being gunned down in an elementary school?

More kids die in separate one off incidents usually the victims of cross fire in the hood. No one cares.

20 kids die at once = outrage
20 kids die over course of a month in various places = yawn

My point is the media takes a stand on gun violence when it's a sensational story. Run of the mill everyday gun deaths, not so much.

Homicides are an accepted way of life in the inner-city ghettos of America. The Bronx, Chicago, South LA, Anacostia DC - frequent killings in these locales is a given because of gang turf wars, drugs, etc. And while they are reported - there is no widespread outrage because most Americans do not live in ghettos, nor do they care about inner-city crime. We all like to believe that that violence is contained - and for the most part, it is.

When someone kills multiple kids at a school in Newtown, CT or two reporters during a live TV interview outside of Roanoke VA, of course it's going to be major news. The majority of Americans live in suburbs like these.

A ghetto killing - "well, good thing I don't live there"
A suburban killing - "Holy SH!T"

And also the ghetto killings are expected in the ghettos.

They always make the news. But the residents don't get outraged by the nightly shootings so it doesn't remain in the news. Instead they get outraged by the isolated cops shooting ghetto resident.

Homicides are an accepted way of life in the inner-city ghettos of America. The Bronx, Chicago, South LA, Anacostia DC - frequent killings in these locales is a given because of gang turf wars, drugs, etc. And while they are reported - there is no widespread outrage because most Americans do not live in ghettos, nor do they care about inner-city crime. We all like to believe that that violence is contained - and for the most part, it is.

When someone kills multiple kids at a school in Newtown, CT or two reporters during a live TV interview outside of Roanoke VA, of course it's going to be major news. The majority of Americans live in suburbs like these.

A ghetto killing - "well, good thing I don't live there"
A suburban killing - "Holy SH!T"
latest
over here.

Hmmmm, a light skinned black guy in the news industry who was deemed difficult to work with and always harped on racial issues both real or perceived. Sounds familiar

Screen-Shot-2013-08-22-at-7.30.57-PM.jpg

The 4 states with the highest frequency of gun violence per capita are Mississippi, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Louisiana. Very urban states.

None of those states require permits to own handguns, shotguns, or rifles.

There is also a correlation in that those 4 states have among the highest poverty rates in the country. But i'm not sure if we can or should draw any conclusions from that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT