ADVERTISEMENT

Reserved: Mohammed Ali Remembered

Oh wow, you mean blacks and whites overall did not have the same rights? Is that a new revelation?

Apparently for Shoop it is.

Are you done? This is just another example of someone trying to pick a fight.

You post about 50 times a day and half are argument based and you have the balls to ask if I'm trying to pick a fight?

Reactions: NickleDimer
You post about 50 times a day and half are argument based and you have the balls to ask if I'm trying to pick a fight?

You agreed with my first post and now you're picking a fight. Obviously, my responses were directed at Shoop and not you, for he he didn't understand the difference between Ted Williams and Ali.

And half aren't argument based. Total exaggeration, but join the club with that one.

More times than not fights are picked with me and when I'm in the mood I'm happy to obliged.

You agreed with my first post and now you're picking a fight. Obviously, my responses were directed at Shoop and not you, for he he didn't understand the difference between Ted Williams and Ali.

And half aren't argument based. Total exaggeration, but join the club with that one.

More times than not fights are picked with me and when I'm in the mood I'm happy to obliged.
First of all, it's not a 'fight".
burrs is being mean and projecting it on other people again.
He really upset me.

I'm defending the poor defenseless CWertz from your mean-spirited attacks, the same way that you defend the poor innocent .150 hitting Ryan Howard and the NBA franchise killing Sam Hinkie.

I don't have an issue with Cwertz.

You're not funny and rarely clever. More stale and repetitive than anything. Carry on, tho....

They've been dropping like flies lately due to Burrs' suffocating blowhardedness.

Yea, you're the ultimate poster. Please!

You're nothing more than a POS, miserable, mean-spirited person, who thinks he's funny. Hardly. To steal a line from Dmil you should take a step back and do some soul-searching. It's not to late.

Yea, you're the ultimate poster. Please!

You're nothing more than a POS, miserable, mean-spirited person, who thinks he's funny. Hardly. To steal a line from Dmil you should take a step back and do some soul-searching. It's not to late.
I think ND does an important service here. He is the opposite of the matty17's of the world. He follows the CoP teams close enough to know who is on the team and keeps it real.

Joe Frazier lent Ali money while he was exiled from boxing. Joe Frazier lobbied for Ali to be reinstated. Then Ali treats him like sh*t. Weak.

I think ND does an important service here. He is the opposite of the matty17's of the world. He follows the CoP teams close enough to know who is on the team and keeps it real.

Matty does t even really post anymore, but you continue to bring him up. Cmon, Nards. Try to keep it real a little more.

Joe Frazier lent Ali money while he was exiled from boxing. Joe Frazier lobbied for Ali to be reinstated. Then Ali treats him like sh*t. Weak.

I don't see it that way. Ali was great at hype. And he hyped up their fights to unprecedented levels at the time. That made Frazier a ton of money - and he knew that.

I don't see it that way. Ali was great at hype. And he hyped up their fights to unprecedented levels at the time. That made Frazier a ton of money - and he knew that.
So being a dick to Frazier was really Ali's plan to make Smokin' Joe a ton of $$? Interesting take.

The BLM movement of today bugs me as much as anyone else but Ali could've been shot dead at any moment for doing the things he did at a moment in time where blacks were basically considered rodents. He had ginormous balls. Even tho critics would say he didn't have balls for not fighting in the war, he was fighting a different sort of war instead. Probably an even more dangerous one. Getting punched in the face repeatedly in the ring and facing threats on his life every time he left his home.

The BLM movement of today bugs me as much as anyone else but Ali could've been shot dead at any moment for doing the things he did at a moment in time where blacks were basically considered rodents. He had ginormous balls. Even tho critics would say he didn't have balls for not fighting in the war, he was fighting a different sort of war instead. Probably an even more dangerous one. Getting punched in the face repeatedly in the ring and facing threats on his life every time he left his home.

Ali was reviled because of the persona his handlers Howard Cosell...Don King and even the racist Trumo made him out to be....he was just a cocky shit and hated much like any cocky athlete is apt to be.....as far as civil rights activist he was a far throw from the Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Jesse Jackson, Rosa Parks or Jackie Robinson class who are true civil rights heroes...I would liken him more to Reggie Jackson.

I get the going to jail as a conscientious objector but kind of hard to make the case he was morally against war when he profited from beating the shit out of people..sort of a disconnect there and besides if he was so opposed to the draft he could have gone to Canada where most of the objectors went. I also get how blacks are disproportionately represented in the services but it is far worse today in our volunteer system,

As a fighter I still maintain he was good but certainly not in the great league for which Joe Louis or Sugar Ray Robinson reside...if Ali is great you would have to put Tyson in that class too.

Ali was reviled because of the persona his handlers Howard Cosell...Don King and even the racist Trumo made him out to be....he was just a cocky shit and hated much like any cocky athlete is apt to be.....as far as civil rights activist he was a far throw from the Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Jesse Jackson, Rosa Parks or Jackie Robinson class who are true civil rights heroes...I would liken him more to Reggie Jackson.

I get the going to jail as a conscientious objector but kind of hard to make the case he was morally against war when he profited from beating the shit out of people..sort of a disconnect there and besides if he was so opposed to the draft he could have gone to Canada where most of the objectors went. I also get how blacks are disproportionately represented in the services but it is far worse today in our volunteer system,

As a fighter I still maintain he was good but certainly not in the great league for which Joe Louis or Sugar Ray Robinson reside...if Ali is great you would have to put Tyson in that class too.

What an awful post. In every way. Literally all wrong.

Ali fought the best of the best. And beat them. Tyson fought 3 fights against the 2 elite fighters in his career - Holyfield and Lewis, and went 0-3. His best win was Trevor Berbick. And before you say Tyson would've beaten Holyfield if they fought before he went to prison, I call BS. He never would've beaten Evander. Against Holyfield, Tyson didn't have the fight won before it began. Holyfield wasn't petrified of Tyson.

I got pleasure in watching the Ali fights.....and sticking for whomever was fighting him........Didn't win many of those, but it was fun hoping someone would knock his block off......Kind of like watching Duke on TV and rooting against them.........

christ you're dumb

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT