ADVERTISEMENT

Running Backs Next Year

VUWildCat2003

Bleeds Villanova Blue
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2003
On the roster 3 out of the 6 running backs are Seniors. We lose Monangai and Medley. I know Underwood will be back and should be helpful, had a very nice TD against JMU. Javon White has a good resume and got some touches as an underclassman but hasn't done anything this year. Is he injured? Do we have any young guys who aren't on the roster this year who have a chance to make an impact next year? How about at the Receiver position as well? Just curious to see who Robertson will have to work with next year. THANKS!

RB from Toms River NJ has a lot of speed. Could use some receiver speed. Tom

What happened to Vince Thompson's son. Vince was one of Nova's greatest RBs prior to the canceling of the program before the 1981 season.

03 - good question As you posted Underwood returns and Javon White has shown some talent (like you I wonder where he has been this season)
Cats have recruited very well over the years. So I see two very good high school players headed to Nova. They verbaled.Jarrett McClenton from powerhouse Wood scored twice last night and three times last week. D'Andre Pollard , Neshaminy high led PA with rushing yds as a junior. Fast and strong RB.
Can't count on true frosh very often, but these two are very, very talented.

Is Livers a senior? Can't always tell whether they have another year of eligibility ...

Livers is a senior. But I don't know about a 5th year.

03- you are going to love this freshman Matt Gudza Carried yesterday 13 times for 52 yds. Cats were going in for a score late fourth quarter when he fumbled on the Penn 3. His second fumble. When he came to sidelines the medical staff went to him. Looking at his hand. Walked into locker room with a trainer.
Tough, hard runner. only 5-9 190 but very strong.

Oh my! Thought we got out of this game injury free. Let's hope it's not serious. A big obstacle to our making a deep playoff run this year are injuries. Already we have the season ending injury to Kpassagnon and perhaps Majors. I believe we also lost Trey Johnson, Soph. DB before the season started. He was either slated to start or get a lot of playing time. The defense which was not expected to be our strongest unit didn't need those early hits. However, they have played surprisingly well. So far players have stepped up, let's hope they continue to do the job, as we meet some tougher teams. Unfortunately, losing 2 or 3 starters from one unit is difficult to overcome in FBS.

Cats started game without 3 defensive starters. The two paschal mentioned are gone for the season. Joey Harman,LB will return.

Thanks UE! I was at the Fordham game and was very impressed with Matt. I actually posted this in another thread.....

"UE, what's the deal with Matt Gudzak? True Freshman, not sure how competitive his High School league was but his resume is certainly impressive regardless. Anyway, the kid looked like Westbrook on that 60+ yard run. I am guessing Andy T will have to use this kid to some extent in the future as more than just a practice/garbage time back. Any idea if he is expected to be a bigger part of the offense in the future?"

Here'a an update on our RB commit, Jarrett McClenton. He's run for 739 yards on 70 carries, and has 10 TD's. Arch. Wood is 5-0 and ranked 12th in the Nation in one poll.

Javon White will be part of Nova's ground attack next season. He is also a talented receiver. All good stuff.

.The Philly Inquirer ranks Archbishop Wood # 1 AAA in Penna. They are 5-0

Don't we have a verbal from Pollard, a RB from Neshaminy,PA?

Togo - yes we do. D'andre Pollard 5-7,170 led Penna in rushing yds as a junior. Fast and surprisingly strong. Neshaminy home of hoops Ryan Arch and football's Corey Majors a 6- 0 250 LB. A very good player. A junior. Lost to the team for this season (maybe) with an injury. Cats have two good RBs who have given a verbal.

Jarret McClenton, a Nova Commit from Archbishop Wood ran for 293 yds in a 35-31 loss to LaSalle last night. Not the biggest kid, but tough and fast; surprised he hasn't received 1A interest.

Mainliner, I think you might have answered your own question. A lot of these big time players end up at Villanova because their size concerns some of the FBS teams. That's fine with me, we'll take 'em!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT