ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers Draft/Trade Rumors

Chad Ford: Bos (3), PHO (4), MINN (5), NO (6), DEN (7), & SAC (8) all shopping their picks.

who cares about saric? they have simmons now

both are small ball 4s. if you have to package saric with okafor to get nothing back, do it. he's worth sacrificing to get rid of okafor. 100% serious. noel is a very good player, okafor is shit who makes everyone and everything around him worse

You can still have Simmons/Saric on the same team. Maybe, one plays a little three at times. Maybe, his game translates to the NBA and if doesn't work, then you have another piece to move in hopes of getting something that does work better. I'm not concerning myself with fit and such yet. They won 10 games last year.

A lot of steam to these Boston rumors it appears.

I just saw one report saying they want Noel. Ten minutes later listened to a BOS media guy say they want Okafor. This guy also predicted BOS will draft for the Sixers Thursday. No one has a clue, I think.

being in love with kris dunn seems like the kind of dumb thing bryan colangelo would do

So, if they traded Okafor for a top 3-6 pick and ended up with Dunn, then you'd be unhappy?

They are more than likely going to make a lot of decisions this summer. Trades, draft picks, FAs I doubt very much you'll agree with all of them.

Them leaking the news of Embiid being 100% cleared to scrimmage, I think, was done as a precursor to soften the media fallout of trade one of the bigs.

I'd do Okafor for Dunn, definitely.

Hate to venture into the world of comparisons, but Dunn really excites people because he looks like he could develop into a Russell Westbrook-like player.* Similar game based on their college play, and Westbrook had better talent around him at UCLA. Great in open floor. Shooting needs to be worked on but could get there. Nice defensive players. Disruptive on D.

* Not saying as good. Dunn is older than Westbrook after his 1 year in Westwood. Still Dunn's game seems to project nicely to today's NBA.

Them leaking the news of Embiid being 100% cleared to scrimmage, I think, was done as a precursor to soften the media fallout of trade one of the bigs.

You and I agree can't count on Embiid staying healthy. So a guy who can't walk across the street without breaking his foot is now part of Plan A?

Agree he has no trade value, have to keep him, but still can't see him as anything but a bonus at this stage.

So, if they traded Okafor for a top 3-6 pick and ended up with Dunn, then you'd be unhappy?

They are more than likely going to make a lot of decisions this summer. Trades, draft picks, FAs I doubt very much you'll agree with all of them.

You tank an entire year for Kris Dunn = failure

Reactions: tomjackleman
Dude, Dunn cannot compare to Westbrook as an athlete. Huge difference, not even close.

You tank an entire year for Kris Dunn = failure

You said Okafor sucks, so who cares, right? So, keeping Okafor equals failure in your book. Might as well get better positional balance on the team, right?

Dude, enough of your nonsense. They tanked to maximize the odds. It's quite simple. The higher you pick, then the better chance you have of getting a great player. Maybe, the only great player in last year's draft is Towns. No one ever guaranteed they land the second comings of Lebron, Chris Paul, and Kevin Durant.

The risk was always there.

Dude, Dunn cannot compare to Westbrook as an athlete. Huge difference, not even close.

Westbrook is a freak. He's unique. Dunn is highly athletic, tho. A better possible comparison in terms of athleticism is John Wall.

I'd do Okafor for Dunn, definitely.

Hate to venture into the world of comparisons, but Dunn really excites people because he looks like he could develop into a Russell Westbrook-like player.* Similar game based on their college play, and Westbrook had better talent around him at UCLA. Great in open floor. Shooting needs to be worked on but could get there. Nice defensive players. Disruptive on D.

* Not saying as good. Dunn is older than Westbrook after his 1 year in Westwood. Still Dunn's game seems to project nicely to today's NBA.

Westbrook played two years.

I agree that Dunn's game translates. The college gabe held him back, IMO. Ideally, with Simmons you want a shooter, but I believe Dunn can be respectable in time. There's another end of the court that needs to be played. His defense can be special. Him and Simmons in open court might work really well.

Regardless, of who gets drafted, traded, or signed your not going to see a completed puzzle next year.

Dunn translates to the pro game. Providence constantly saw zones last year. I'd say 75% of the time. The reason for this...keeping Dunn in front of them. UNC played them exclusively man in the tourney and he torched them. Then he got into foul trouble and they crumbled.

Don't remember burrs being this high on Dunn when it came to the NBA potential, the plot thickens.

I've liked Dunn for awhile now. I've called him the best player in the BE for two years. I thought he would have been a lottery pick last year. Furthermore, I have said repeatedly that I believe the college game stunted him. Of the CBB guys I like Dunn the best after BS/BI. Your memory blows today.

Dunn is an excellent defensive player on top of all the other things he can do

I think he will be a very good NBA player

Were the Sixers to trade Noel for Dunn part of the reasoning would probably be Dunn will improve them defensively on the perimeter. I also believe they think Jerami Grant can fill Noel's role of 4thQ rim protector to an extent. So much hinges on Embiid as he's the only 2-way post player on the roster tho Simmons projects to be a good 2-way guy as well.

no. f--k no

i legitimately believe that they'd be better off just cutting okafor than trading noel for teague or god knows what. okafor makes them worse, and i personally despise him

however a 22 year old guard who turns the ball over as much as dunn while not shooting well doesn't scream top 3 pick to me

the fit with simmons (& noel) is pretty good on defense, though, and in transition

see more upside with jaylen brown, even if he can't shoot at all right now

look, keeping okafor and trading noel for kris f--king dunn would confirm smart basketball people's worst fears about this schmuck

awful

So don't trade Okafor for Dunn? Trade him for nothing instead?

Are you drinking?

no. f--k no

i legitimately believe that they'd be better off just cutting okafor than trading noel for teague or god knows what. okafor makes them worse, and i personally despise him

however a 22 year old guard who turns the ball over as much as dunn while not shooting well doesn't scream top 3 pick to me

the fit with simmons (& noel) is pretty good on defense, though, and in transition

see more upside with jaylen brown, even if he can't shoot at all right now

Yea, it's quite clear that you despise the kid. I think your hate for Chucky (ha ha) makes it even worse. Mix in that he went to Duke and we have the perfect storm for an epic JG hate situation. Personally, into of izevyre concerns, but I think you guys are way too harsh on him this early. Again, I get the concerns.

Dunn's shooting and turnovers improved last year. That's at least encouraging. Also, outside of one year with Bentil he played with stiffs at PC. Not to mention in a restrictive environment (college).

I haven't seen enough of Brown. He sounds intriguing, tho.

dunn would not be my choice at #3 overall, and i would not trade noel for that pick

dunn, simmons, and okafor on the floor at the same time, obviously, would be really stupid

would i rather have dunn than okafor? yes

let's draft a point forward and a point guard, both with elite speed and suspect jumpers who thrive in the open court, and tether them to a fat egoist who doesn't defend or rebound to start breaks, and whose idea of offensive basketball is him turning and facing on his man like adrian dantley while everyone else watches

for f--k's sake

had i been sitting at the right hand of hinkie, they'd have taken porzingis, and we'd be on our way

Reactions: NickleDimer
parker's mormon. that probably explains that. not sure why milwaukee wouldn't do that, though

otherwise i'd be hopeful that they were dumb enough to want okafor

look, keeping okafor and trading noel for kris f--king dunn would confirm smart basketball people's worst fears about this schmuck

awful

Just because that's what the C's want doesn't mean they'll do it. We're not even sure how accurate that is.

I don't want them to trade Noel. To me, he's the perfect defensive, energy, run to the rim guy that every good team can use.

Outside of unclogging the logjam in the front court some, I'm not sure what keeping Okafor solves. He can't play at the same time as Embiid. Maybe, with Embiid on a minute restrictions you play Okafor the rest of the game and hope he improves in the areas that were struggles last year.

oh cool what else did the last man on earth to have okafor ahead of towns say?

There are others that draw the comparison from an athleticism and physical standpoint, too. It's not outlandish. Now, it doesn't mean they're the same level player or Dunn will be that good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT