ADVERTISEMENT

Sloppy win today

centraljerseycat

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 8, 2001
I thought today was the Cats worst performance of the year. Richmond is a damn good team who will take us to the woodshed next Saturday if the secondary, kicking game and dumb dumb penalties aren't cleaned up.

Thankfully Robertson and Monangai were their usual awesome selves.

Disagree. We had one player in the first half who is usually money. He fumbled two kicks that ended in two Morgan State TD's resulting in a tie score
at halftime. I think the holding penalties were the result of the huge size of the opponents lines size. Nevertheless we scored 27 to MS's 7 iin the second half helped by another awesome game by John Robertson. I'd be more concerned about Gary Underwood's injury.

Andy had remarked about how large a team Morgan State was at his show Tuesday night.

i think #15 back in second half had a huge impact.

what is the injury story on 52 and 5?

tom

UB makes a very good point. Our money kid , made a few very costly mistakes. Yet what a super 3rd quarter. Sloppy win,YES. But a Coach Mass would say "a win is a win is a win."
Cats are a damn good team at 7-1.

You know we are a really good team when a 20 point win is considered sloppy. We beat a good team last week on the road. That same team beat up on Delaware yesterday. Wish we played New Hampshire.

Richmond has two 5th year quarterbacks with 1-A experience from UVA who are better than anybody the Cats faced this year. Our DB's better bring their "A" game. Should be a helluva game. I haven't been to Richmond's new on campus stadium yet so I'm looking forward to it.

i have never seen more slick/smooth running moves from a QB ever....week in week out....not the fastest by no means but the cleverest......he dances around would be tacklers smooth as silk........maybe not NFL but who knows.......if they can't tackle you then you play anywhere

Not a good performance, especially when you consider Morgan State was without their starting QB, and their Walter Payton nominated running back. It appears our last 2 opponents have found ways to exploit some defensive weaknesses. If we can't shore things up we will have to depend on our Offense outscoring our opponents. Conventional wisdom is you win Championships with Defense. We may need to prove conventional wisdom wrong.

Agree with Paschall. We can't be getting into free-for-all shootouts every weekend where our offense needs to outscore the opponent because both sides D's are susceptible to being scored upon almost at will. With the exception of QB, I don't think this VU squad is as deep as past teams were. I hope we don't see W&M in the playoffs should they somehow eke in.

Morgan is not the worst team VU's faced this year. Far from it. They will probably end up 6-6, 5-3 in the MEAC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT