ADVERTISEMENT

Some Chatter at the Football Banquet

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
All unofficial. To me the best news was that #54 Dillen Lukes is returning. His return just makes the LB corps that much stronger and deeper. Led by All-American Don Cherry this group will be a Nova strong point.I can't imagine a better corps in all of FCS.
Coaches are high on incoming RB recruit McClinton. Most likely will be a slot back. Garry Underwood, Javon White and Matt Gudzak will be primary RBs. White is experienced. Was redshirted last season.One or two incoming RBs might be redshirted
Lots of optimism for 2015 season.Yet we all know chemistry is so very important. The 2014 team had it, 2013 not.
Tough to open with two road games. But most feel Cats have a shot to get two wins before coming home to play a Delaware team that will be getting better.

Good stuff. Lucas is heart & soul Wildcat. Loved his motor. Intangible type kid. I bet he makes any locker room better. Tough injury.

Malaguti from DBP reminds me of Lucas & Wiley has speed/athleticism to be Cherry lite. I read Wiley ran under 4.6 at several camps he attended. He went to under radar HS in Jersey. Both have big upside in the years to come. Next season they can learn the system and be ready to step in when Cherry & Majors are gone. Wiley could be fast enough to play strong safety at 225 lbs if needed.

They probably won't contribute next season, but when Cherry, Major, & Lucas are gone they can step in with Shockley & others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT