ADVERTISEMENT

Stupidest Thing Ever?

What is the dumbest thing ever invented?

• A GoPro camera

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Something else

Votes: 23 82.1%

• Total voters
They're great for hiding in your sock drawer to record you banging some schmoke. Gotta put tape over the red lights and color them in with dark ink tho. And make sure you don't set up with a Dennis angle.

They're great for hiding in your sock drawer to record you banging some schmoke. Gotta put tape over the red lights and color them in with dark ink tho. And make sure you don't set up with a Dennis angle.
Whatever you do, don't post the video on Gawker.

Reactions: NickleDimer
The weird thing about GoPro is that there is zero innovative technology in any of their products. The image sensors, lenses, everything in the camera is 100% off-the-shelf components. They beef up the plastic frame a little bit to make it look "shock-resistant" or whatever, but really this is a classic example of a company that takes an existing product, markets the hell out of it, and gets lucky when people fall for it. Somehow they've convinced people that it's necessary to strap a camera to your chest when you're walking on some nature trail to go see a waterfall on vacation.

The weird thing about GoPro is that there is zero innovative technology in any of their products. The image sensors, lenses, everything in the camera is 100% off-the-shelf components. They beef up the plastic frame a little bit to make it look "shock-resistant" or whatever, but really this is a classic example of a company that takes an existing product, markets the hell out of it, and gets lucky when people fall for it. Somehow they've convinced people that it's necessary to strap a camera to your chest when you're walking on some nature trail to go see a waterfall on vacation.

That's my point. Zero innovation. You could duct-tape a 1995 Canon to your head and Voila - you just built a GoPro.

gopro-ipo.jpg
Josh Hart is a HERO, does he wear one?

OH......another problem.......I have tried to take a selfie but always just get a picture of a wall....or a chair across the room.....

Selfie culture is insane. Women on twitter's argument is "it's one lf the few things which make us feel better about ourselves in a society which has unrealistic standarfs of appearance"

For a few weeks, i bought this as decent reasoning. But all it is is polish on a turd. If you have insecurity issues, you arent going to be able to get your "fix" of instagram likes at any given moment. You need to work on why you feel bad about yourself, not receive gratification from the outside.

The other big cause lf selfies/pictures every day is documenting meals, events, gym, work accoomplishments, etc. I'm okay with these for big moments, i.e. Losing a lot of weight or a birthday dinner. People just abuse it though. By polluting the "market", we've made everythng that does actually matter have less meaning. Parents 30th wedding anniversary? Just an opportunity to get more likes than usual.

There's going to be breaking point where we as a society become done with the "sharing" in general. It just seems a long ways off. Religion used to be the opiate of the masses, but now it is these little slivers of perceived fame.

It's 4:30 AM and i'm in an uber. Got a little weird with this post

Fixed.

goblestein did the same thing with your face book idea. Marketing and showing how a product can "enhance" your life is more important than innovation.

You're way off base. He did nothing to market FB. Timing was right - but so was his execution. I said a million times - Classmates.com was there first but they were too stupid & greedy to realize it had to be free. MySpace and Friendster were just ugly GUI's that didn't work intuitively.

You're way off base. He did nothing to market FB. Timing was right - but so was his execution. I said a million times - Classmates.com was there first but they were too stupid & greedy to realize it had to be free. MySpace and Friendster were just ugly GUI's that didn't work intuitively.
You think marketing has to cost money or be a planned campaign? That's so 1960s.

This. Narcissism is an epidemic.

Who the f-ck cares what you ate for dinner last night? What possesses people to take pictures of their delicious steak tartare then "share" it with their "friends?"

People that post pictures of food on FB automatically get unfollowed. If they're really overboard about it then an unfriending isn't out of the question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT