ADVERTISEMENT

SUPER BOWL L (50)

TheDean

VUSports.com Addict
May 29, 2001
Reports out of Vegas claimed that 85% of money wagered on the AFCCG was on New England.

Opening line CAR -4.0.

Denver's D is great, but I am not sure that their offense can keep up with Carolina's offense

I think I will be taking the under in this game, regardless

Peyton's retirement tour. NFL owners debating right now whether it's better for him to go out as a champion or have him go out as the perennial choker. I think he pulls a Ray Lewis and then joins ESPN in some fashion as an analyst.

Reports out of Vegas claimed that 85% of money wagered on the AFCCG was on New England.

Opening line CAR -4.0.
Vegas and more importantly offshore cleaned-up on Broncos yesterday. Gave some back on the late game though as the public was on Carolina. Made up for the beatdown bettors put on the books last week as 15 out of 16 teaser sides won.

Books will need Broncos big again for SB50. Early bettors already pounding the Panthers.

I was wrong about Denver yesterday but they would need to be double-digit dogs for me to pick them in the SB.

Despite his rare 10-yard first down rush Manning's deficiencies were in full view; by contrast in the late game we saw Cam Newton doing front flips into the end zone. Manning's second TD pass was a duck that any 16-year-old HS starter could have thrown better; TE Daniels just made a great move on the DB to get open.

The Patriots played into Denver's defensive gameplan because Brady is not really that mobile and they have no running game. Plus the NE O-Line was so bad that DEN rarely had to blitz - and even more amazing - often times they rushed only 3 defensive linemen and dropped 5, 6, even 7 players into pass covereage, and *still* got adequate pressure on Brady.

Carolina presents different problems for Denver because Newton is one of the most mobile and dangerous QBs in the league. Plus they have a decent running game with Tolbert on short-yardage and Stewart as the workhorse. Ginn has proven a versatile weapon as well. And the Carolina D is far better than New England's.

I was wrong about Denver yesterday but they would need to be double-digit dogs for me to pick them in the SB.

Despite his rare 10-yard first down rush Manning's deficiencies were in full view; by contrast in the late game we saw Cam Newton doing front flips into the end zone. Manning's second TD pass was a duck that any 16-year-old HS starter could have thrown better; TE Daniels just made a great move on the DB to get open.

The Patriots played into Denver's defensive gameplan because Brady is not really that mobile and they have no running game. Plus the NE O-Line was so bad that DEN rarely had to blitz - and even more amazing - often times they rushed only 3 defensive linemen and dropped 5, 6, even 7 players into pass covereage, and *still* got adequate pressure on Brady.

Carolina presents different problems for Denver because Newton is one of the most mobile and dangerous QBs in the league. Plus they have a decent running game with Tolbert on short-yardage and Stewart as the workhorse. Ginn has proven a versatile weapon as well. And the Carolina D is far better than New England's.
I like your analysis but I am not sure I trust Cam in a close game situation. If Denver can somehow keep it close, I like their chances in a closer game compared to the Panthers. If it's going to be a blowout, I highly favor Carolina.

Carolina. Comfortably. Manning will get the sh*t kicked out of him in this game. Unlike Cam he won't stand up to the beating. Newton beats up defenders more than they beat him up. Carolina is good.

I like your analysis but I am not sure I trust Cam in a close game situation. If Denver can somehow keep it close, I like their chances in a closer game compared to the Panthers. If it's going to be a blowout, I highly favor Carolina.

yeah peyton manning never beat florida, was complete and utter shit against seattle two years ago with a significantly better offense around him, threw a pick six to lose the super bowl against the saints, and wasn't even very good in the super bowl victory over a mediocre bears team, but he's a better big game quarterback than newton

sure

diddybopp,

What is the appropriate Super Bowl bet? I'm looking to cash in.

-Give the 4.0 favorite (CAR) before it gets to 7.0 in 10 days
-Bet the under
-Buy a box at the pub - could be a safety in this game and you might get lucky

Opening line CAR -4.0.

Which explains why the refs cheated for Denver.

Anyway, will Peyton manning cheat and use steroids before the game?

will be going to the game, buddy works for the NFLPA and gets an option to buy a couple face value tix each year. couple of our friends went 2 years ago in nyc and said the access he gets to the parties leading up to the big game is top notch, looking forward to creeping on some c-list celebs.

Good luck eberzzzzz. I am rooting for you. I hope you take some serious enhancement pills, the same way peyton will.

Invest in some Cam Newton props, guy is a beast.

So just blindly bet the Overs like 80% of the public and pay more juice?

No, nobody watches the Superbowl. The proper thing to do is watch the figure skating or bowling that the other networks have on.

What special cheese dip are you making? What do you think of the commercials!?
Let's talk about teams that you don't give a crap about!

Not for me. I curl up under a wool blanket, with a cup of tea and the latest Laura Bush biography.
I expect more from a varsity letterman.

breakfastclub7.jpg

Reactions: LizReed
So just blindly bet the Overs like 80% of the public and pay more juice?
If that's directed at me, no. I'll wait to see the numbers. However, I'll put 2 of my 3 kids through Nova on prop overs.

will be going to the game, buddy works for the NFLPA and gets an option to buy a couple face value tix each year. couple of our friends went 2 years ago in nyc and said the access he gets to the parties leading up to the big game is top notch, looking forward to creeping on some c-list celebs.

Strong bet we have the same friend at the NFLPA. I'll be out there too - just not with his tickets.

yeah peyton manning never beat florida, was complete and utter shit against seattle two years ago with a significantly better offense around him, threw a pick six to lose the super bowl against the saints, and wasn't even very good in the super bowl victory over a mediocre bears team, but he's a better big game quarterback than newton

sure
This isn't the old Manning. In a close game, where the Broncos control the ball, they will run more than pass. That is the only way they can win in my opinion. If they throw the ball a ton, Manning will be like old and even worse, he will have multiple picks and probably a pick six. I am not saying Manning is currently better than Cam, it is clear Cam is the best along with Russell Wilson.

RW, you getting weird at NFLPA VIP party tonight? thought i had your # but don't see it in my phone. gonna be a good one, i'll be there after i hit sushi lounge for a few sake bombs.

In this case, as in most of my posts, "getting weird?" simply means "showing up?"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT