ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl

Glad the Pats won, great game, exciting to watch. Glad to see Pete Carroll lose. Tom Brady really stepped it up when he had to. He's an amazing player.

Did Pete Carrol do the exact same thing i the National Championship game a few years ago.

Guy is an idiot. Yes he drafts well but his play calling kind of sucks.

Originally posted by Lowry45:
Did Pete Carrol do the exact same thing i the National Championship game a few years ago.

Guy is an idiot. Yes he drafts well but his play calling kind of sucks.
He ran it on 4th and 2 around midfield against Texas cause they couldn't stop vince young. Lendale White got tackled a yard short.

I respect Carroll for standing in there last night and fielding all of the questions. I thought he was honest. I understand what he was saying about the scenario and the play call, but just too risky of a play when you have a player of Lynch's capabilities in the backfield.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
I respect Carroll for standing in there last night and fielding all of the questions. I thought he was honest. I understand what he was saying about the scenario and the play call, but just too risky of a play when you have a player of Lynch's capabilities in the backfield.
Plus Wilson is a running option on that play.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
With a timeout, on second down from that spot on the field.... that call is terrible. If you want to put it in the air, run something like the edelman play where the ball is thrown to the outside away from traffic, run a fade to the corner. A slant there is incomprehensible

Originally posted by Lowry45:
Grew up in CT and I am split of Boston/NY sports. I like the Giants, Red Sox and Celtics. Dont watch Hockey.

I probably will cheer for the Pats in the end mostly because of all the annoying people in NY who call the Patriots cheaters because their sports teams are terrible.
If you followed hockey my good man, you would know not all of our sports teams are terrible! LET'S GO ISLES! THE DYNASTY IS BACK!

heard someone made a good point last night...if they had that big kid Chris Williams in there for that slant, chances are the DB would have been playing the fade and the slant would've been wide open.

just another wrinkle.

Originally posted by SnottieDrippen:

Originally posted by Sportsboss_ofnothing:
Awful throw and terrible WR play to boot. Also awful was butler not falling in end zone for touchback. Just bad football fundamentals all the way around.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
How is it bad football fundamentals to not be able to accelerate extremely fast, focus on making the interception, absorb contact from the wide receiver and then stop on a perfect dime and fall backwards into the end zone for a touchback - all in the matter of about .3 of a second?

How was that throw awful? If was perfectly in stride. Wrong decision - sure. But throw was fine. The receiver could have been a little stronger but Butler got to the spot first- what else can you ask for? Amazing how everyone involved in that play is awful. Just because you can see that a player could have done something different in the replay doesn't mean they are bad. Things happen fast
Butler came up huge on a bunch of plays on that final drive. the absolutley TERRIFIC break on the ball to make the pick. Also he pushed Kearse out of bounds on that bouncing catch. Likely saved a touchdown.

Tipping my cap to the seahawks. Really a classy group of losers. I have gained some respect for them. Only a few of them are throwing Carroll under the bus. And I like how Carroll handled it as well. He is standing by his play call, as he should. The chances of an int on that play are so slim, I have a tough time seeing why he is taking so much heat for that call.

I will root for the hawks a bit moving forward.

YZycxb0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT