ADVERTISEMENT

Szczur back in Philly!

I would like to see Matt on a team that he would be an everyday player....too many horses on the Cub's roster for Matt to get his time...peace

Got to see many of Matt's family and friends in my sections at CBP this week (I'm a "Host" with the Phillies now that I'm retired from real work). They were very friendly folks. Matt hung out with them a little before Tuesday night's game.

I would like to see Matt on a team that he would be an everyday player....too many horses on the Cub's roster for Matt to get his time...peace

Soler injured right now, Schwarber out for the year, Matt will get his chance. They called up Almora, but he hasn't hit in his two games being up (though he was steller in AAA).

Matt is a great option for them as a bat off the bench who is a defensive + in late inning leads (which the Cubs seem to have a ton of).

Soler injured right now, Schwarber out for the year, Matt will get his chance. They called up Almora, but he hasn't hit in his two games being up (though he was steller in AAA).

Matt is a great option for them as a bat off the bench who is a defensive + in late inning leads (which the Cubs seem to have a ton of).
OK folks - has a Villnovan ever played on a WSC team? These Cubs are great.

Reactions: Bobby Dix
OK folks - has a Villnovan ever played on a WSC team? These Cubs are great.
Kinda bad news for Matt - shortly after posting that, the Cuba traded for Cheis Coghlan. Will take some playtime away from Matt.

But I think Matt stays the rest of the year. Might get moved at the deadline, but the Cubs don't need much help at this point...

Could be a cool stat - I was told by someone who should know that Matt would be the first athlete EVER to play in both the Linc and Citzens Bank Park.

Reactions: NorthStands
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT