ADVERTISEMENT

Tank Bowl

Teams should work on some side bet. Like loser has to execute one player after game. Maybe outsource this part to ISIS.

the only thing worse than the Sixers roster is the Knicks roster. Langston Galloway, Travis Wear, Lance Thomas. are they serious?

its also funny they still list Melo at 240lbs. guy has to be min 265

Langston Galloway does St Joes proud with a dagger three to win the game for the Knicks.

who would have thoughts SJU would have two players in the NBA , Villanova three

Nova
Dante
Kyle
Randy

SJU
Jameer
Galloway

i think he is playing in China. certainly not in the NBA was in the D league trying to make a comeback but got cut. you know things are bad when you get cut from the D league.

I think it just shows that for all the credit Dunphy gets Jay is really the master of doing more with less.

or he (Jay) just doesnt develop NBA players.

the reason Gerald Henderson went to Duke instead of Nova was Jay had no history of putting people in the NBA. from the horses mouth.

Originally posted by novabball2:
or he (Jay) just doesnt develop NBA players.

the reason Gerald Henderson went to Duke instead of Nova was Jay had no history of putting people in the NBA. from the horses mouth.
Seriously? Jay was hired as head coach in May 2001-meaning his first real recruiting class was 2002 (graduating in 2006), Henderson committed in May 2005. When was Jay supposed to establish a pedigree of sending players to the NBA? At Hofstra?

Galloway I believe was a Top 50 prospect and only went to St. Joe's because he was the son of G. Arnold's sister. On top of that Galloway shot the basketball better than any Nova player in recent memory. That's a skill.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Galloway I believe was a Top 50 prospect and only went to St. Joe's because he was the son of G. Arnold's sister. On top of that Galloway shot the basketball better than any Nova player in recent memory. That's a skill.

Corey Stokes.

Martelli SERIOUSLY underachieved with 3 guys that are, arguably, pros - Galloway (loved his game), Roberts and Kanecevic (playing in Europe). He shoulda' done a helluva' lot more with them than he did.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
burrs,

only question here is Galloway a piece or an asset at this point?
Probably neither. In the end, ceiling might be backend roster type. Another example of a good kid, who in his case can shoot the ball a little. He will not cause problems, so a team will give him a spot for a few seasons. 10% chance that he exceeds this ceiling by becoming a lights out NBA shooter that a team is comfortable using as part of a second unit.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

Probably neither. In the end, ceiling might be backend roster type. Another example of a good kid, who in his case can shoot the ball a little. He will not cause problems, so a team will give him a spot for a few seasons. 10% chance that he exceeds this ceiling by becoming a lights out NBA shooter that a team is comfortable using as part of a second unit.
My dad knows Galloway. Says he's a really good kid. I'll root for him.

The more I watched D'Angelo Russell the more I believe he should be the Sixers pick. He can play either guard spot, shoot, handle and do everything you want on the court. Kid will be a star.

ADP, good call. He is really emerging. I believe he's 46%+ from the arc. I'm a fan of Devon Booker of Kentucky, too. I think he has made 23 of his last 31 3's, or something like that. A legit 6'6", strong body, above average athlete. Could be a Klay Thompson type in time. Will probably go around the time that MIA pick will come up.

guys like Galloway are in the league cause there are too many teams and some of them are tanking by playing guys like Galloway. he is not an NBA player. neither is lance thomas or 95% of the Sixers roster. NBA is a joke. contract 8 teams and the league would be better off.

NBA is a joke. contract 8 teams and the league would be better off.
You could replace NBA with NFL, NHL, and MLB and it would be the same. Fact.

Novaball, allow this to sink in. The overall talent level on the NBA has never been better.

i agree the talent level is off the charts. but its spread out. youre gonna tell me that any of these teams are better than the teams from the 80s and 90s? the celtics, bulls, lakers, rockets, jazz , etc? not a chance. too many teams, talent is spread out to greatly. yes its the same in every sport. baseball especially with pitching.

i agree the talent level is off the charts. but its spread out. youre gonna tell me that any of these teams are better than the teams from the 80s and 90s? the celtics, bulls, lakers, rockets, jazz , etc? not a chance. too many teams, talent is spread out to greatly. yes its the same in every sport. baseball especially with pitching.
The Spurs could play in any era. Some of the teams you mentioned aren't all-time great teams? The Jazz??? Why because of Stockton/Malone? I get it. It's easy to caught up with the nostalgia of some the Lakers squads, Celtics, and Jordan's Bulls. The league is fine now and it's never been better.

There were 27 teams in 1990. There are 30 now. Not a huge difference.

so thats 15 starters and 30 bench players. 45 players not in the league. so replace a starter, ie Lowry on the expansion raptors takes the spot of Langston Galloway who does not belong in the NBA. do that 14 more times and you improved the league greatly.

the Jazz of 97 98 would beat every team in this years east.

I think you are underestimating how good some of the teams are this year (relative to history). Right now the West might be the deepest conference ever. The top of the east is very good. There need to be losers-not every team can be competitive all the time. I count 4 teams that actually are tanking this year: LAL, BOS, PHI, and NYK. Maybe MIN? A couple teams are just too young- Utah, Orlando. There just aren't that many good options for teams that should contract. Even the Bucks are putting together a decent season. The Pacers and Pistons are dealing with seasons ending injuries. On any given night you will have 2 or 3 great games. The NBA is in the midst of one of the best stretches ever, its just a same CoP'ers and CoDB'ers are too blind to see it because their teams suck.

Originally posted by NorCalVU10:
I think you are underestimating how good some of the teams are this year (relative to history). Right now the West might be the deepest conference ever. The top of the east is very good. There need to be losers-not every team can be competitive all the time. I count 4 teams that actually are tanking this year: LAL, BOS, PHI, and NYK. Maybe MIN? A couple teams are just too young- Utah, Orlando. There just aren't that many good options for teams that should contract. Even the Bucks are putting together a decent season. The Pacers and Pistons are dealing with seasons ending injuries. On any given night you will have 2 or 3 great games. The NBA is in the midst of one of the best stretches ever, its just a shame CoP'ers and CoDB'ers are too blind to see it because their teams suck.
Don't lump me with whoever these people are.

With the international guys now playing the league is really skilled. More good players today than back in the day. Talent in the league is plenty good. Just lots concentrated on a fewer teams that aren't in NYC/CoP.

i agree with everyone but im still not sure the teams are better. maybe the game has changed so much in the last 15 years but i dont see the team ball that there used to be. there are exceptions with SA, GS, LAC. other than that it usually one or two players taking all the shots.

give me the 94 suns all day over any east team!

the west is crazy good this year. how did Stephen Curry become the best player in the NBA? Rubio and Johnny Flynn taken over Curry by the MN in the 09 draft

Seattle/OKC drafted Durant in 07 , Westbrook in 08 and Harden in 09. did Harden leave cause he wasnt offered a max deal? or did he want his own team like Tmac leaving Vince Carter and Toronto for Orlando?

give me the 94 suns all day over any east team!

the west is crazy good this year. how did Stephen Curry become the best player in the NBA? Rubio and Johnny Flynn taken over Curry by the MN in the 09 draft

Seattle/OKC drafted Durant in 07 , Westbrook in 08 and Harden in 09. did Harden leave cause he wasnt offered a max deal? or did he want his own team like Tmac leaving Vince Carter and Toronto for Orlando?

Watch the hawks play. Best team ball going right now.

Curry has stayed healthy, worked on his handle, and because of early injuries, was signed to a vary favorable contract which has allow new owners built around him (also had great drafts-hitting the lottery with Klay and drafting Draymond and Barnes in the same draft-Barnes has the best 3p% on the team).

Harden did not leave. He was traded for pennies on the dollar because managers didn't want to potentially go over the cap. One of the most shortsighted trades ever.

OKC also drafted Ibaka at the end of the first round in the Westbrook year. Anyway. Harden was traded. At the time he wasn't the player you see now. He was the 6th man for them, but he did believe he could be a headliner and obviously he was correct. Eventually, OKC would have had three perimeter max players and a boat load of luxury tax to pay.

Novabaall, to me it sounds like you catch glimpses of games, but don't really watch for extended periods of play. All of the good teams play "team ball". Watch the Atlanta Hawks for five minutes and you'll see a team without one "true" star, who do nothing but share the ball. TOR, WAS, CHI, CLV all play team ball. The teams in the West are off-the-charts.

i watch quarters of games , i dont have time to watch a full game. usually the first and fourth quarter. ok maybe 15 teams play team ball and are good but there are 30 NBA teams.

Nets, Knicks , Sixers, Boston stink. thats 4 of the 5 teams in that division.
Pistons, Pacers and Bucks stink 3 of 5 teams in that division.
Hornets Heat and Magic stink. 3 of 5 teams in that division.

so 10 of the 15 teams in the East range from barely avg , terrible to tanking. thats 66.66% of the conference.how is that good? how is that watchable or a good product?

Novaball, no one is saying there are 30 good teams. You're going to have bad teams in every professional league. The NBA is no different. Every time one game is played a team will win and a team will lose. In the NFL 12 teams won 10+, which means 20 were mediocre or bad. In baseball, 18 of 3o won 84 or less. Again, mediocre or bad. The NHL? Ditto....

You have perception formed in your head, but it's really not based on you taking the time to really watch the product. Like every league you can get a few really good every night, some ok games, and a few duds.

How are the mid-late 90s Jazz an elite team? Adam Keefe started 75 games for them. Adam Keefe led the 3 headed monster with Greg Ostertag and Greg Foster. Those guys would get killed today.

Their 3 best players in 97-98 - Stockton, Malone, and Hornacek were age 34 or older. And that was the best the West could produce? I know Duncan and Ginobili are old but a 22 year old Leonard was Finals MVP and Parker is still in his prime.

We've had this discussion before novabball2, so I'm not expecting a big change in your way of thinking about basketball. I've given you the numbers on usage % and how today's superstars actually dominate the ball less than superstars used to. There's much less fighting and brawling than there used to be - but somehow today's players have a worse reputation.

As for talent level - as ADP mentioned the international pool of talent is incredible compared to the past. There are more people playing the game than ever before. I only expect talent to go up and up and up from here. I certainly won't be one of those guys talking about Stephen Curry in 2035 when there's a kid better than him playing then.

Pistons were play exponentially better after cutting josh smith. Unfortunately for them Jennings injury has derailed them.

Indiana is missing their best player due to injury, a consensus top 10 player in the league.

It's unfair to throw these two teams in with the rest of the crappy teams.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I enjoy the talk about the old days. Guilty of it myself from time to time. Always reminded of the scene in the movie "Atlantic City" when Burt Lancaster gives the nostalgic speech about the town

"Yeah, it used to be beautiful. What with the rackets, the whoring , the guns. Sometimes things were bad and i had to kill a few people. I'd feel bad for a while, but then I'd jump into the ocean, swim way out, come back in feeling nice and clean and start all over again."

Then the kid says "I'd never seen the Atlantic Ocean til just now"

And Lancaster says

"The Atlantic ocean was something back then. Yeah you should have seen the Atlantic Ocean in those days."

Even the Heat are at least an "average" team now that Whiteside is emerging as a legit big man. Always had the size and athleticism - good to see a guy continue to work hard and make it after D-league stints and time in Europe and China. Personally though, I hate Napier and hope they go back to sucking because I'm sick of them being a playoff team haha

Langston galloway is on nba roster? I liked him last year, but that is very surprising.

And people don't think there is any chance that the chef will play in the nba? Child please.

Galloway is STARTING in the NBA right now. Knicks traded everyone away so he Lance Thomas and Lou Asmundson are on 10 day contracts and starting with Melo and Hardaway JR. Phil you genius.

How is PC2 not on an NBA roster yet? Kid can ball.

Pat-Calathes.jpg

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Burrs - what are your thoughts on Stanley Johnson? how does he translate to the NBA, same with Hollis Jefferson from Zona.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT