ADVERTISEMENT

Tank Bowl

Originally posted by novabball2:
Burrs - what are your thoughts on Stanley Johnson? how does he translate to the NBA, same with Hollis Jefferson from Zona.
Hollis-Jefferson is a very good defensive player and competes at a high level on a nightly basis. Really plays hard. A lot of versatility on the defensive end. He's a longer, better rebounding Tony Allen. He needs a lot of work on offensive end, specifically shooting from the perimeter. He shooting percentage overall is good, but that all comes off offensive rebounding and transition. Needs to shoot the ball better. I think he needs another year. Plus athlete, though.

I really like Stanley Johnson. Was talking to a buddy about him last week. I think he's an option for the Sixers from #3 to #5 if they fall there. He's not an elite athlete, but above average. He sees the floor tremendously. His assists totals aren't great because Arizona isn't a great offensive/shooting team from perimeter. He's very versatile. Rebounds and can score. He's Jimmy Butler in college, but entered college with more fanfare. String NBA type body at 6'8". Shooting 42%+ from arc and nearly 50% overall. I've been trying to watch him as much as possible. I'm intrigued.

the reason i asked about Johnson was this draft seems to be Okafur then everyone else is a question mark. not sure about Mudiay cause i have never seen him play. MN/ Sixers / Knicks should get 1 2 3 in some order, so im guessing those guys go 1 2. Phil loves a big man for the triangle. that leaves who for 3?

Burrs---now that I've figured out the difference between "piece" and "asset", I'm ready to tackle the distinction between "plus athlete" and "elite athlete". Which is better? Are they synonymous? Are all stretch 4s by their nature, plus athletes?

Has anyone seen Mudiay play at this point? Has he played since he got hurt? Bigger unknown than Exum right now.

Most mocks do have Olafor/Mudiay at the top. From here there are a few guys that I have seen mentioned. Including, Johnson, Turner from Texas, the kid Russell from OSU is starting to emerge, towns, and a foreign kid Porzingis.

I like Okafor. He's probably going to be the top pick, but not sure he has the most upside. He gets a lot of hype bring at Duke and much of it is warranted, but I think there is potential for this to be an above average draft. Five years from now I'm not positive Okafor will be the clear cut best player.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Most mocks do have Olafor/Mudiay at the top. From here there are a few guys that I have seen mentioned. Including, Johnson, Turner from Texas, the kid Russell from OSU is starting to emerge, towns, and a foreign kid Porzingis.

I like Okafor. He's probably going to be the top pick, but not sure he has the most upside. He gets a lot of hype bring at Duke and much of it is warranted, but I think there is potential for this to be an above average draft. Five years from now I'm not positive Okafor will be the clear cut best player.
If he can learn to play any defense, I think he will be, because of his size and the position he'll play. But he's a loooooooooong way away from being defensively passable at the NBA level, and he's playing for a legitimate coach right now who is most likely trying to address this. He fails to recognize a lot of shit out there that he should, even at his age.

Okafor is a really good offensive player and like all coaches say you cant coach height. he hasnt had any injuries and is a lock for the #1 pick. i like his game and he is only gonna get better. i think Towns needs another year but then again i think everyone needs another year. rarely are freshman ready for the NBA.

Originally posted by LizReed:
Burrs---now that I've figured out the difference between "piece" and "asset", I'm ready to tackle the distinction between "plus athlete" and "elite athlete". Which is better? Are they synonymous? Are all stretch 4s by their nature, plus athletes?
Ha ha ha.....I'll play along as you jerk-me-off because I'm good sport :)

yea, they can be synonymous depending on how you use it. I think elite is the top of the food chain and plus can be a notch below. You can also use plus to describe someone who is above average. It all depends. I think plus/elite athletes can apply to any position. I don't think it's universal, but I guess you can say a lot of stretch 4's are indeed plus athletes.

Liz, anything else I can help with?

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
Has anyone seen Mudiay play at this point? Has he played since he got hurt? Bigger unknown than Exum right now.
I don't think he has played since the injury. I think Exum was still a slightly bigger unknown. Mudiay did play HS ball here and got a few games in China before injury. But I agree, still mostly an unknown.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
I don't think he has played since the injury. I think Exum was still a slightly bigger unknown. Mudiay did play HS ball here and got a few games in China before injury. But I agree, still mostly an unknown.
Helluva high pick to spend on a guy like that, and it's going to happen. I think I'd take Towns over him, Cauleystein and Russel too because of that. Maybe even the kid from Kansas as well.

Speaking of Exum - he seems to be getting better lately.

The Sixers, Knicks, and T'Wolves all win on the same night. I wonder what the odds of this were.

i want the Sixers to get #1 and draft Okafur, bring over Saric and start 5 guys all over 6'6" with MCW at the point. that way Jimmy Lynam can always say "you cant teach tall" a thousand times in the postgame show.

I'll say it again, give me D'Angelo Russell. This kid is a stud and would be perfect in Philly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT