ADVERTISEMENT

The Most Underachieving Team in MLB

I'm amazed how fans of a team who have never won a playoff series can get on a team coming off an extended run of winning baseball. Yes, the Phillies bashing on here started years ago.
I didn't know fans brag about "an extended run of winning baseball".

derek-jeter-yankees-yawning1-e1302023964584.jpg

How can one be a frontrunner for a team that's never won anything?

How can one be a frontrunner for a team that's never won anything?

Easy.

Person lives in city of said franchise, but ignores team when they are terrible. Pundits across America start calling said franchise team to beat in NL. Fan jumps on board when things begin looking up.

So like every Phillies fan? All those fans dressed as empty seats?

Adopted a team that never had a winning season. Solid effort on my part, good father. Add that one to your rules of fandom. Meanwhike, I'm down the shore and no Phillies gear seen anymore. Miss those "ill" shirts.

Adopted a team that never had a winning season. Solid effort on my part, good father. Add that one to your rules of fandom. Meanwhike, I'm down the shore and no Phillies gear seen anymore. Miss those "ill" shirts.

Lived in DC before Nats started. Ignored them when they blew. They draft #1 and land two can't miss prospects (Though for one that's up for debate). Other high picks join the fold. You jump on board when they turn the corner. Dining room table is adjusted so kids can run around it.

Yep, and misses out on another Sox title. Dan

I've seen more P caps today than script W. And that is telling me something considering I'm sitting on a beach in VA.

Which means you saw about 6 people. So one cop family came to virginia. Serious question, how are the beaches down there? I love obx and imagine you get a similar d
feel albeit with high rises and more people?

Sandbridge is OBX without the extra 2 hours each way. Plus the added benefit of being the home of Ryan Zimmerman. Great beach.

Tom, you down there for a job or is this a permanent move? Love to connect offline to get your thoughts. Ping me if you still have my email.

Permanent move, but I'm still at same job as before, just working from a home office down here. I think I still have your email.

I sent you a note to the thorn email address. Is that still a good one for you?

Last edited:
According to burrs that would be impossible.

Nothing is impossible. I'm just saying no one in Nov/Dec after a 102-win season was totally dismissing them. Now, once 2012 started and more oil began to leak, then the experts began to surface. Which at the time was still a decent forecast. Cap tip for those efforts.

Then again, it doesn't take much to state the run is over after 5 straight division titles and a few other years prior to that of consistent play, when the first sign of trouble presents itself.

I expect adp's kids to be ramping up the dining room table laps after the Phils take 2 of 3 from the Mets and Washington takes care of San Diego this week.

Nothing is impossible. I'm just saying no one in Nov/Dec after a 102-win season was totally dismissing them. Now, once 2012 started and more oil began to leak, then the experts began to surface. Which at the time was still a decent forecast. Cap tip for those efforts.

Then again, it doesn't take much to state the run is over after 5 straight division titles and a few other years prior to that of consistent play, when the first sign of trouble presents itself.
Please keep popping the champagne bottles over 5 STRAIGHT DIVISION TITLES.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT