ADVERTISEMENT

Too much Temple coverage?

He's a bit of a d-bag.

At the same time, his argument has merit. Think of how much coverage the Temple team that got thrashed in the elite eight by Duke in 99 got. They were all over the place, despite the fact that they had only one contributor from Philly on the entire team. Villanova made it to the Final Four in 2009 with two kids from Philly in the starting lineup and it was nowhere close.

I am very happy for temple. They have a good team that plays hard. Old school, tough d, protect the ball, special teams and wear opponents down. Good for them. Would you rather root for Penn state or nd? Those have been the Philly football teams for 100 years. It's actually similar to nova but our hoops program is obviously much better with historic gr8ness. I believe in embracing the city schools. I'm old school in this way. Probably because I have loads of COP family. Good for them. Go temple.

Do they have any chance of hanging with ND? Haven't they beat a bunch of bad teams? I know they beat Penn state, but didn't Penn state fire their coach after the loss?

I'm happy for their fans. But 7-0 is kind of blah at this point in the season. They don't even register on anyone's radar outside of CoP.

I'm willing to let them have this. Next year Matt Rhule will be coaching at South Carolina, and Temple will be back to 4-7.

If you don't like it, don't listen.

that is the kind of column written just to be snarky and garner attention. the media can cover Temple football all it wants for this flash in the pan season but it won't move the needle much in the long term. at the end of the day this game will be just a nice little memory and in five years TU football will be back to sucking hind tit again.

Whole thing has a Rutgers 2006 feel to it. You have the sense that this half assed preview show on Market Street this morning will be the all time high water mark for the Owls fans. We'll be hearing them reminiscing about ESPN game day ten years from now.

At least it will supplant their current all time greatest moment, which was a lousy crowd at a crap bowl game in '09.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Have to give the crowd credit for their signs. Saw a "Ray Lewis Killed a Guy", a "My Wife Left Me", a Bill Cosby in a Temple jersey holding a pill like a football, and a "Sam Hinkie Traded My Sign for a Second Rounder"

Reactions: Chimpat
I am very happy for temple. They have a good team that plays hard. Old school, tough d, protect the ball, special teams and wear opponents down. Good for them. Would you rather root for Penn state or nd? Those have been the Philly football teams for 100 years. It's actually similar to nova but our hoops program is obviously much better with historic gr8ness. I believe in embracing the city schools. I'm old school in this way. Probably because I have loads of COP family. Good for them. Go temple.
I'm with you adp. I'm watching the game and up to now, Temple is holding their own even though I still think ND will go into overdrive and dash Temple's hopes. But, I always root for the city schools.

Talent disparity is obvious here. Road night games are always treacherous tho. So is turning the ball over twice in the red zone.

Been enjoyable to watch. Not rooting for either team, just fun to see both teams compete. Matakavich is one tough LB.

Nd horribly overrated. Tu found a way to snatch defeat from the hands of victory.

One thing is for sure, the ND fans are really making the cherry faithful very angry on the way out.

What were they doing? I was rooting for Temple tonight, would have been fun to watch them beat ND. I don't know the next time you will see a packed house for a Temple football game like that tonight. I imagine the Penn State game was probably pretty close. I guess now we will never find out if Temple would have made the playoffs if they went undefeated.

I watched the final 5 minutes. I think anyone watching could probably predict that temple would lose. Sweet moral victory though. Temple now has their Doug flutie moment, a late 4th quarter interception to lose to a so/so Notre Dame team.

Moral Victory parade in north philly this week? Maybe monday?

Villanova could not pull off what Temple did this week/weekend. That said, will even a quarter of the people at the game lastnight be there next game?

What's the best bowl Temple could go to if they win out?
They won't beat Memphis. But next Friday they get another win over a crappy SMU
Villanova foe JMU stepped up to beat SMU, at SMU 48-45. SMU is a very weak FBS program.

Villanova could not pull off what Temple did this week/weekend. That said, will even a quarter of the people at the game lastnight be there next game?
USMC- let's think your statement thru If Nova was an FBS team, and was 7-0, and was playing ND, I submit the house would be full to over flowing
And why even start a post with that statement?

USMC- let's think your statement thru If Nova was an FBS team, and was 7-0, and was playing ND, I submit the house would be full to over flowing
And why even start a post with that statement?
Nova brought 250 fans to the national championship game and average around 5500 for football. No one under the age of 60 cares.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT