ADVERTISEMENT

Too much Temple coverage?

Also looked it up, 13,300 downtown for a midweek game vs. crappy Marquette is solid. They aren't bringing any fans.

Reactions: NovaUSMC01
13k for a Wed night game vs. the worst opponent to come to the WF center in a while? Not bad. A min of 6500 are season tix/students, a slew more with the WF packages. A solid turnout. Will research later if there were any SEPTA delays that we can blame. Maybe the 23 bus had a flat tire that day. Or there was a broken turnstile on PATCO.

is this guy a BW? It's possible since he's a Nova alum. Sounds like the kind of whine found around these parts about how CoP media are all temple alums and that's why Nova gets no attention when they do well.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2015/10/allow-me-to-rant.html
Think about this - Temple needs to rally late to beat EC. Philly media anoint TU as a great team. Next game EC travels to Villanova foe UConn and gets kicked around 31 13. Nova gave UConn a real battle before falling 20-15. Of course Cats had a healthy John Robertson. Think about this Temple fans.

this is all so pathetic. from both sides. and i'm at least a little guilty as i've commented onit before and am doing so now.

its a cool weekend, but not one that will be remembered or launch temple to "real" success. in the end, it wont matter AT ALL. their coach will leave, they'll go back to real sucking, instead of being fake good, and nobody will care, outside of a very small piece of the temple alumni base. temple football is "tree falling in the woods" kind of stuff.

temple fans, and philly college football people (are there really any?) should just enjoy this weekend for what it was, a short lived celebration of something that rarely merits any celebration.

they wont be appealing to a big conference by having one or two seasons of fake-goodness (while still being a weak institution), they wont get into the ACC at any point, they will never offer more to anyone than they do today (and stop with the philly market stuff) --- and what they have today gets them in the AAC

in the spirit of fairness, VU football is also a joke, and should probably (the word 'probably' was inserted to be kind) be dropped --- given that we are actually accountable for our bottom line and dont have the ol taxpayer ATM to continually withdraw

Reactions: NickleDimer
Nova students didn't even fill their section for most of the home games at the Pavilion last year.

Think about this - Temple needs to rally late to beat EC. Philly media anoint TU as a great team. Next game EC travels to Villanova foe UConn and gets kicked around 31 13. Nova gave UConn a real battle before falling 20-15. Of course Cats had a healthy John Robertson. Think about this Temple fans.

Temple destroyed a 7-2 Penn State team and Nova lost to Penn. Think about that...........

Temple destroyed a 7-2 Penn State team and Nova lost to Penn. Think about that...........
PSU is really not a good team. Big win for the TU program from an emotional standpoint.
BTW that Penn team will never play Temple for academic reasons.

Nova students didn't even fill their section for most of the home games at the Pavilion last year.
We sell out every game. People might complain about the atmosphere, but no-one is complaining about attendance numbers at our on-campus facility. Unlike Temple.

Can TU still make the playoffs?

Most of their fans think they are guaranteed at least a new year's day bowl game. Obviously the massive upset to USF hurt their chances a little bit (temple was 2 point favorites), but I think the committee will see look at USF storming the field after beating temple and realize how gr8 a program temple football really is.

Most of their fans think they are guaranteed at least a new year's day bowl game. Obviously the massive upset to USF hurt their chances a little bit (temple was 2 point favorites), but I think the committee will see look at USF storming the field after beating temple and realize how gr8 a program temple football really is.

So a program that won't even be in the top 25 next week whose biggest accomplishment is a home loss is celebrated while a hoops program actually wins against a top team and no one bothers to care to the point that the committee feels OK to snub them to play for the national championship.

I'll never understand college football...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT