ADVERTISEMENT

TSA lines

Sure, but how many of them will actually get it? Plus it takes 2-3 weeks to get it. That timeframe will probably increase if they get more applicants. Spend 85 dollars, wait for a few hours for an appointment, or get to the airport a few hours early. I'm betting most for getting to the airport early.

I made an appointment one week out. I was there for 10 minutes. I was approved 1 week later. It was simple

That is probably more a function of how often you fly. I was on a plane 8 times in the past 6 weeks. I am finally breaking down and going.

Reactions: kjbert
If you are interested in PreCheck and you travel internationally at all you should get Global Entry. There is a more rigorous background check because it's done by U.S. Customs but it's $100 for 5 years and you get domestic PreCheck as a bonus. With Global Entry you bypass the customs lines coming back to the U.S. and you don't have to fill out that stupid declaration card.

If you are interested in PreCheck and you travel internationally at all you should get Global Entry. There is a more rigorous background check because it's done by U.S. Customs but it's $100 for 5 years and you get domestic PreCheck as a bonus. With Global Entry you bypass the customs lines coming back to the U.S. and you don't have to fill out that stupid declaration card.
Oh man, I thought all these people had Global Entry, it is worth it if you travel internationally once every 5 years.

They were smart offering pre-check free to some frequent fliers.. I had it on all but two flights last year, they stopped that part of the program at the end of last year and i broke down as well and applied.

Sure, but how many of them will actually get it? Plus it takes 2-3 weeks to get it. That timeframe will probably increase if they get more applicants. Spend 85 dollars, wait for a few hours for an appointment, or get to the airport a few hours early. I'm betting most for getting to the airport early.
Some won't do it, sure. But miss your flight and potentially ruin an entire trip? Or get it over with once and not have to worry.

Waiting for some tjc yarn about how he has a magical way of getting through the lines.

catch-me-if-you-can.jpg

Reactions: Chimpat
Is this because it is crowded with so many people applying?
No. It's lazy gov at its worst. I went 2 years ago at SFO walked right in took 10 minkures. Now they only allow something like 10 walk ins you have to be there by 630 otherwise it's appointments only which carry a couple months wait. My buddy trying to get it now, has gone down there twice and been turned away. His appt is in August. Thanks a lot, Obama.

Reactions: obriend1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT