ADVERTISEMENT

U.S. OPEN

It doesn't make sense he is better at 34 than he was at 31. 32.

The guy is amazing. Greatest I've seen in my lifetime. Let's hope we get a Novak vs. Roger final.

Think Isner even wins a set tonight?

Well, I doubt very much Isner will break Roger even once tonight but we'll probably see a tie breaker or two since Isner's serve is so big. My guess is Fed in four.

This Murray / Anderson match is terrific.

Last edited:
Yeah this match is great. I hate Murray and the fact he's celebrated every point since the 3rd set but he's making it interesting

Murray does nothing for me. Glad he's done. Tonight's match should be interesting. Be interesting to see if Isner can stretch him. Side note, I have a great Isner-Roddick story, 07 after Roddick beats Isner in the DC final, Roddick takes him out drinking in Georgetown. It was isner's first final. They come into my buddies bar where I was with Mrs. ADP and a few buddies. We close the bar and end up drinking with them into the wee hours of the morning. Both guys could not have been nicer. Isner had just finished at Georgia and you could tell he really looked up to Roddick. Incredibly nice kid.

Gdog- you throwing down a big bet on Wawrinka? Gotta think he rolls through that next match

Rooting for Isner even though it's highly doubtful. American men just suck now so gotta root for him

Wawa was stealing $ today.

I confirm the story of Isner being a good guy. Incredibly down to earth dude. Met him on 2 occasions. Almost as friendly as Jason Fraser. Almost. No one is friendlier than he is.

Murray does nothing for me. Glad he's done. Tonight's match should be interesting. Be interesting to see if Isner can stretch him. Side note, I have a great Isner-Roddick story, 07 after Roddick beats Isner in the DC final, Roddick takes him out drinking in Georgetown. It was isner's first final. They come into my buddies bar where I was with Mrs. ADP and a few buddies. We close the bar and end up drinking with them into the wee hours of the morning. Both guys could not have been nicer. Isner had just finished at Georgia and you could tell he really looked up to Roddick. Incredibly nice kid.
Any double faults on quarter bouncing?

quentinflip1.gif

How do you watch 120% of that match and not enjoy it? One break of serve the entire match. Awesome.

Am a pretty casual tennis fan, but US open has been more entertaining on the mens' side this year than I can remember, at least since the swan song runs from Agassi and Connors. Entertainment is more spread out this year. Didn't intend to watch all of the Federer match last night, but it was outstanding TV, couldn't turn away.

I don't understand the people who LOVE gold but HATE tennis. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Was at the Federer match last night. I echo lowry's comments. Im a pretty casual tennis fan but it was a riveting experience in person. The energy was palpable.

The US Open is a great event to attend. I recommend anyone goes at least once. Either get a grounds pass or go to a night session at Arthur Ashe and hope that one of the Williams sisters isn't the main event.

The US Open is a great event to attend. I recommend anyone goes at least once. Either get a grounds pass or go to a night session at Arthur Ashe and hope that one of the Williams sisters isn't the main event.

For many years, I would always go to an early round and also to the semis. I stopped going to the early rounds a couple years ago because it is getting too f'ing crowded as there is no limit to the number of grounds passes they sell. Every year they set attendance records. I will still go to the later rounds (i.e. semis) if I can get good seats in Ashe, which isn't easy.

Not a bad seat in my TV room.

This nightcap is a horrific mismatch. Lopez isnt a bad player he just matches up horrendously with Novak and is never competitive against him. May as well trot Novak out there against one his crappy brothers - Djorde or Marko.

What an incredible performance by Roger tonight. #GOAT. I actually feel badly for Gasquet.

Fed vs. Stan the Man should be a great semi.

Federer is f'n ridiculous. The guy looks better than ever. It doesn't make any sense.

Agassi & Connors all played better in their 30's. Experience can sometimes help w/ circus atmosphere & distractions of these big events

Am loving Federer's work as well, expect another win in a more entertaining match over Wawrinka, but can't help but escape the feeling that we're setting ourselves up for a letdown ultimately,losing in 4 sets to the Joker in a fairly anticlimactic final, similar to many other late career Federer runs. Extra day of rest over prior opens may help though. And at least NFL games will be on at the same time.

As silly as this sounds we forget athletes are human. Might be easier he doesn't have newborns at home. Life is probably easier. Guy had twins, has to have some impact.

Why do the nightcap matches go until 1am?!? I couldn't believe they were starting another match after the Williams' match on Tuesday. How does the wine & cheese crowd stay into the match?

Granted the Djokovic match was awesome (when I watched the replay last night after the Mets) but who wants to stay up to watch it or God forbid stay in Queens that late.

As silly as this sounds we forget athletes are human. Might be easier he doesn't have newborns at home. Life is probably easier. Guy had twins, has to have some impact.

He is also more fit now and hasn't had to deal with that nagging lower back problem. And he switched to a slightly larger head last year (took a little while to get used to) which gives him a little more pop. I think the new racquet is the primary reason his serve is now better than ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT