ADVERTISEMENT

Women's World Cup = World War II

USA will win and play Japan. All comes down to $ and ratings. USA beating Japan for the "upset" is what makes the most cents.

The Women's World Cup is sort of like NCAAW. Only a few teams really have a shot and it comes down to story lines. Don't expect anyone but the following teams in the finals from now on: USA/Germany/Japan/ 1 WC Team (Brazil probably).

The US is like UConn. They're always gonna be making a deep run because no Americans will watch otherwise.

USA will win and play Japan. All comes down to $ and ratings. USA beating Japan for the "upset" is what makes the most cents.

Bump. Certainly an entertaining Japan England game. Just more proof it's fixed though, got players kicking it in their own net for gods sake. FIFA Keeps us guessing I suppose.

I think the best possible script is an OT game where USA blows a lead in the 88th minute. But then wins at like the 115th minute. 2-1 America "shocks" the world.

I did my annual team draft out of a bucket. I had 30 slips of paper with 3 different team logos (browns, cows, and jmen). I think the browns had a 60% chance, Cows 30% and Jmen 10%). I picked the Cows, but we'll see. I might be interested in a mid-season trade if another team has a good offering.

can England beat Germany without the help of the Americans?

US vs Japan

Word to the wise my friend, Remember Pearl Harbor.

paulie_walnuts.jpg

Second the comment that the way people in the U.S. are educated about WWII is interesting. Few seem to realize that by the time of the D-Day landings, the war in Europe was essentially already over (and had been for some time) based on Russia pouring millions of bodies into the effort and successfully grinding the German army down to mostly third and fourth tier troops, in insufficient numbers at that. We got it done faster by invading of course, absolutely needed to do it from keeping all of Europe from being communist after the war, definitely the right thing to do and well done.

Having come to better appreciate the men's game in recent WCs, the women are much harder to watch than back in the day when spontaneous sports bra reveals were the thing.

the Russians lost 20M people, 20M. we lost 400K. Hitler and Germany may have won the war or lasted longer if he didnt try to invade Russia , you know, in the winter.

some theories state FDR actually delayed entering the war and then delayed DDay so Russia would be weka after the war. bad blood from WWII was the start of the cold war.

Also, FDR was senile the last time he met with Stalin and Churchill, he apparently agreed to things he shouldn't have in regards to breaking up Germany, etc.

FDR was senile? why do you say that? he died very young of a brain artery rupture. like 63 , how was he senile at that age?

I love all the fake interest in women's soccer by Americans this week. It's cute.

#WhoCares?!

Glad I can go back to my usual routine of not watching soccer. 80% of girls that played in this world cup played for US College soccer teams. This was the most expected result of all time. yawnnnn.

South Jersey girl leads the way.

Why so bitter kids?

USA!! On Independence Day weekened

Good Shite

anything worse than when they show the crowd and dudes have american flags on their cheeks and are wrapped in an american flag.

its america, soccer is just above tennis , no one cares until the world cup (if they are winning).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT