ADVERTISEMENT

Masters

ball,

It is important to hit the fairway on every tee ball, but there are very few OBs.
and rough on that track.

Let's go, Phil. Spieth will have his day and then some. Hope Lefty gets another. Cant see him swinging the wrenches at this level for too, too much longer.

I expect Spieth to get to -22 or -23.....he's a clinic right now.

Hopefully Tiger can build off of this good showing. Golf is sooooo much better with him playing well.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

Hopefully Tiger can build off of this good showing. Golf is sooooo much better with him playing well.
Rose and Mickelson are most definitely close enough to make it very interesting.

Originally posted by spg109876ers:
Originally posted by wcburrs87:

I'm not saying it won't happen, or is impossible, but that's not really a golf post.

It most likely won't happen because he won't be trying to shoot 66 or 65. Most of the talking heads do the math like this...Rose is 4 back, so he needs to pick up 5. If Spieth shoots 70, Rose needs a 65 to beat him. If Spieth is a kool-kat, and he's coasting to that 70, he forces Rose to press the issue, which may very well be Rose's undoing.

Now if Spieth somehow opens birdie-eagle, say a couple hole-outs, and the other guys stumble out of the gate, then he might go low in relatively a pressure-free environment. I'd still doubt it, because with a substantial cushion and nobody pressing, he'd be even less likely to take on pins. We'll see.

Alternatively, that lead is hardly insurmountable and could easily disappear in the first nine. If he's tied on the front, that brings implosion into the equation. Not because of any deficiency with Spieth, just because he's a human (leaking oil down the stretch yesterday, fortunate to par 18, albeit with a heck of an up-and-down).

Remember Norman? Starts the day up six and finishes down six to Ball's man. The interview after the round is sickening, because they walk him through the video and with every approach rolling off the greens, he's saying...I missed my spot by a foot there, by three feet there...and everybody's thinking why were you aiming that way?

Doubt Spieth has the Norman Sunday targets.
200_s.gif

I was at a benefit and just briefly checking in throughout the day. I forgot he had that double bogey late. Thought he was at -18. So, the 22/23 probably won't happen.

I agree that Rose/Mickelson can make this interesting, but gut is that the kid closes this out and breaks the course record.

Originally posted by spg109876ers:

Hey ball,

I bought some BirdieBalls (Promo Code: SPG) on your recommendation.

These things are gr8. Had one out yesterday with the 7I. I don't know how much it will help the game, but it's actually pretty fun in it's own right. No comparison to the wiffle-balls. I've even tried the yellow nerf ones with the red dot and solid core. Both of those were primarily just to have something to look at. Not even close to the feel of the BirdieBalls.

Thanks
You can actually work the birdie ball left to right or right to left pretty well. They really help maintain solid contact. Sort of like those basketballs with the stripe to help shooting ball rotation.

Pop a ligament back in? Is that possible? Does Woods know what the F he's talking about? SPG or Rayhad or any other MDs out there---care to weigh in?

Originally posted by LizReed:
Pop a ligament back in? Is that possible? Does Woods know what the F he's talking about? SPG or Rayhad or any other MDs out there---care to weigh in?
It's not a major unless Tiger gets fake hurt.

Tiger is the most unlikable pro athlete ever. i can just see him in ten years, all his talents gone, sitting at the dinner table by himself , no friends, no family. he deserves it.

Phil is unreal. 45 and still has it. even if he pars those 3 holes he bogeyed on Sunday he still loses by 1. Spieth was too good.

Jack was 46 in 86 and considered old. Phil showing he can compete for some time well into his 40s. how times have changed. remember Jack almost won in 95 with a charge on Sunday.

Ben Crenshaw has some hot daughters.

as well as Spieth this year played and tiger in 97 it shows getting to -20 i almost impossible on that course, you are gonna make some bogeys, its too long and too hard a course to not give a few shots back here and there. the key is to birdie 3 of the 4 par 5s each round and avoid a double on 12. you do that and you have a chance.

Originally posted by novabball2:
Tiger is the most unlikable pro athlete ever. i can just see him in ten years, all his talents gone, sitting at the dinner table by himself , no friends, no family. he deserves it.

Phil is unreal. 45 and still has it. even if he pars those 3 holes he bogeyed on Sunday he still loses by 1. Spieth was too good.

Jack was 46 in 86 and considered old. Phil showing he can compete for some time well into his 40s. how times have changed. remember Jack almost won in 95 with a charge on Sunday.

People couldn't wait to congratulate Spieth. You never saw that with Tiger. Back on topic---popping back in a ligament?

Originally posted by LizReed:
Originally posted by novabball2:

People couldn't wait to congratulate Spieth. You never saw that with Tiger. Back on topic---popping back in a ligament?
People hated MJ too. I don't think he minded, and I don't think Tiger does either.

Common denominator here - they both have the killer instinct champions, and GOAT need. Same with Kobe.

true - and all 3 are horrible human beings. all three have cheated on their wives with a public fallout. Jordan not so much cause his issues came to light after his playing days.

i still have a hard time believing Jordan left basketball in 94 and 95 on his own terms. i think he was suspended by the NBA very quietly.

can you have the killer instinct and still be a likable person?

Originally posted by NovaHoops2002:

People hated MJ too. I don't think he minded, and I don't think Tiger does either.

Common denominator here - they both have the killer instinct champions, and GOAT need. Same with Kobe.
Oh, I'm sure Tiger doesn't mind. Just pointing out that lots of people seemed genuinely happy for Spieth as he was walking to sign his scorecard.

I don't know what Woods is talking about w "popped the bone back in". if he really dislocated one of his wrist bones he wouldn't be able to continue swinging a golf club, that's for sure.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by NickleDimer:
Thank God for you guys. I thought I was the only one who expected all pro athletes to be orthopedic experts.
Would you believe Ryan Howard if he told you he re-attached his achilles tendon mid-game?

I like when the heavyweights are battling on Sunday. And, occasionally, I like to see an underdog come out on top.

just like in the NCAA tourney its nice to have an underdog story but when it comes down to the finals you want two powerhouses playing. in golf, Phil, Tiger, Spieth, Rory, Bubba, etc.

the only underdog id route for at Augusta would be an Amateur. i want Phil to win yearly. i love watching him go for every par 5 no matter what his lie or tree issues are.

1. At the time Daly won the PGA in 91, it was a Cinderella story. Probably the biggest one in major championship history, save perhaps Ouimet over Vardon in 1913.

2. You're conflating one hit wonders with underdogs. Shaun Micheel vs. Chad Campbell down the stretch at Oak Hill? Who cares. Bob May firing three straight 66s at Valhalla, including 5 under on the back nine on Sunday? Crazy not to be pulling for him in that playoff.

3. Watson shot a great first round then hung on for dear life. Not an indictment of the tournament at all. The top of the leaderboard was solid.

May was a golfing prodigy in his day but his pro career never quite got going.

that playoff with Tiger was great. May played so well all week, but that was tiger at his best.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT