ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies 2016 Season

No it isn't. Finishing a season with 15 wins and a 2.2 ERA is CY Young caliber stuff. A 3.2 ERA is a barely above avg ERA. A 2.2 is a best in the league type of ERA.

Agree with Gdog here. 2.2 era is exceptional. However, a 3.2,is much better than average. Only 20 of 75 NL starting pitchers currently have a sub-3.20 era.

Just saw pics on Twitter. Salmon colored khaki shorts. Very disappointed.

Still very CoP looking though. Can't see the name on the replica jersey but I'm going with Utley or Burrell. The turkey hill iced tea is a nice touch too

13331001_10154313158304090_5886167424507773370_n.jpg

Unless, of course, you are the old guy in the dark blue shirt

edit: or that is your geriatric ass with the pants halfway down your crack

So who do the Phillies go with in the draft on Thursday? Puk, Groome, Moniak, Ray, or the local bat in Lewis?

So who do the Phillies go with in the draft on Thursday? Puk, Groome, Moniak, Ray, or the local bat in Lewis?

Lewis is a local kid?

They've been rather tight-lipped about the choice. I don't think Groome is in the mix anymore. Or, at least that's what the conversation has insinuated.

Based on reports I think it's either Puk, Lewis, or Moniak. And it could come down to which guy agrees for less than the slotted amount. This way they'll have extra to throw out their second pick.

I'm gonna guess they'll take Kyle Lewis. I think they like an elite college bat who'll be ready to step in and play for the Phils in a year or so!! Puk and Groome each have some issues with their makeup and although they like Moniak who's coming on strong, he's a high school bat who's probably 3 years away from Citizens Bank Park!! Most pundits are going with Puk to the Phils and thats certainly possible if not probable, but I'm gonna stick with Lewis!! They need some power bats in that lineup sooner rather than later and IMO this kid is a really good one----probably too good to pass on!!
Unfortunately there is no Bryce Harper, Mike Trout or Carlos Correa in this draft and that's some bad luck for the Phils, but whatever they do they just cant afford to make a mistake here with the #1 pick----so lets hope they do their homework and get it right!!

Last edited:
In my mind Joseph has earned the right to be the starter (combo of his solid hitting so far and Howard doing nothing) with Howard maybe getting a spot start here and there.

Gomez with the 6 out save...impressive. They have to flip him before the deadline, maybe steal a nice prospect for a team starving for bullpen help.

Damn - I just checked out Andrew Miller's stats this year and they are insane. 16.1 K/9 15.33 K/BB 404 ERA + 0.662 WHIP.

Howard in there tonight.

Update:
12 of 21 non-DH games (57.1)
15 of 24 overall (62.5)

Update:
Howard back in there today. Not sure why.

12 of 22 non-DH games (54.5)
15 0f 25 overall (60.0)

WTF is this lineup today? Galvis hitting 3rd? I just threw up.

Herrera CF
Hernadez 2B
Galvis SS
Franco 3B
Howard 1B
Rupp C
Asche LF
Goeddel RF
Velasquez P

Right biceps soreness. I guess that's better than hearing the words elbow or shoulder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT