ADVERTISEMENT

Walmart fight

Burrs - you looooooooooooooove the COP, you got mad at someone else for saying its a trashy place last week over some greys ferry/ south philly fight between white and black girls.

i shop for meat at Whole Foods, i dont eat read meat but get chicken and fish there daily. the one in glen mills is nice, Devon is nice too.

I wasn't mad at anyone. I asked for some examples. None were provided.

And it wasn't Greys Ferry either.

Trust me, I know there are morons throughout these types of neighborhoods.

anyone do Omaha steaks? my gfs mom buys filets from there by the truck load. i never understood having meat delivered. to me i like to look at my food before buying it. and i dont eat steak. i will however splurge and eat lamb chops for a special occasion.

walmart is based out of Arkansas correct? i guess they are big in the country areas where you can get TP , a steak and a gun all in one spot.

my first trip out of PA as a child was to North Carolina, the old man took a backroad from the outer banks to get fireworks. walked into a gas station and you could buy, beer, a gun and fireworks all while filling up the tank. i felt like Dorothy, we arent on the mainline anymore.

Burrs- they did fix up that shopping center by lanerch golf club on Rte 1. used to be a Kohls and pizza hut. i think they added a walmart or something there. i drove past it not to long ago. that area is so congested. im so happy i dont live there.

There is absolutely a huge difference in the quality of steaks. Same for ground beef and chicken. Some you can cut with a butter knife and some require a sledge hammer.

th

Burrs- they did fix up that shopping center by lanerch golf club on Rte 1. used to be a Kohls and pizza hut. i think they added a walmart or something there. i drove past it not to long ago. that area is so congested. im so happy i dont live there.

They added a Lowes and a Giant among other things.

You guys don't know everything. I have personally talked to the wealthiest ranching families in China and built several butcher shops from the ground up. The US doesn't even make beef anymore. Just wait 5-10 years and you're digging up grubs in your yard for protein.

Burrs is beyond the Tom Green character in Road Trip. Never eaten a taco. Never been to Walmart. If it's not the CoP sports complex and cheese steaks, it's all new to him.

Never noticed the Wallmart in there. I have only been in there a few times for Chipotle. Yea, that's right. Tacos, baby.,

Burrs is beyond the Tom Green character in Road Trip. Never eaten a taco. Never been to Walmart. If it's not the CoP sports complex and cheese steaks, it's all new to him.

No more avoiding tacos, Tommy.

I said no more avoiding tacos. Maybe you didn't hear about it. You've been gone a long time. They didn't go up there and tell you. I don't avoid tacos anymore.

What other foods have you not had, Burrs?

Not sure.......give me some thoughts?

I will say this, but I don't like condiments. No ketchup, mustard, relish, mayo, etc for Burrs.

I also don't like potato salad, macaroni salad, Cole slaw, or anything like that.

You got it adp. You had a great post earlier in this thread I hope ND and others take you up on your offer. I had a very similar experience. I definitely stayed too long and it cost me. Live, learn and recover

ND I commend you for wanting to spend time with your family and not travel. It can be done though. I never missed one of my kids games or special events and still don't and I travel 1/3 of the time. Put those creative juices to work you won't be disappointed. It a balancing act but it can be done

no man should ever ever ever own a pair of LuLu lemon anything. same goes for athleta or any yoga pant, stretch pant.

You'll never be a 1%er unless you learn to appreciate the finer things in life. The men's lulu lemon line is not yoga or stretch pants. They are simply the finest most over-priced sport garments only to be worn by those with confidence and disposable income.

no man should ever ever ever own a pair of LuLu lemon anything. same goes for athleta or any yoga pant, stretch pant.

1) Thanks for the wisdom, adp, dmill, piper and others. Much appreciated.
2) Who cares what brand someone wears to workout? It's a personal comfort decision. I was just thinking at the gym today how my shorts are probably too short for a self respecting man. Who cares? I don't feel like having two sets of shorts - one short enough to run/bike and one long enough to look like a dope bro when lifting.

ADP - the only time a man should ever enter Lu Lu Lemon or athleta is to buy a xmas , bday anniversary gift for the lady. thats it.

words to live by.

I know its a common dislike but good mustard is amazing.... in particular when paired with certain types of charcuterie or cheeses.

Also vinegar or mustard based slaw is fantastic as are similar versions of mac/potato salad. They don't need to be mayo bombs.

I know its a common dislike but good mustard is amazing.... in particular when paired with certain types of charcuterie or cheeses.

Also vinegar or mustard based slaw is fantastic as are similar versions of mac/potato salad. They don't need to be mayo bombs.

man-vs-food_ep_kno.rend.tccom.511.384.jpeg

Reactions: kjbert
You'll never be a 1%er unless you learn to appreciate the finer things in life. The men's lulu lemon line is not yoga or stretch pants. They are simply the finest most over-priced sport garments only to be worn by those with confidence and disposable income.

My mom bought me 2 long sleeve lululemon shirts and they are the best long sleeve t's i have ever owned. After that i went there myself and got sweatpants and and a light jacket - overpriced but stylistically similar to nike or under armor. Definitely some questionable stuff in there but you'd never guess what i have is from lululemon

I wear my stuff to workout, play baseball and the pants are all I wear in the winter months when not in a suit or jeans. I wear the short sleeves to Nats game, on weekends etc... The stuff is amazing. I remember when my wife bought me a shirt for birthday or something. I was appalled she spend $65 for a tee shirt. I've been converted. Amazing stuff.

That's not my price point, but I don't disagree with spending for comfort. I splurge on running shoes instead.

Something I have enjoyed getting very cheaply online lately: glasses. Lots of value out there. No need to get gouged for $450 by your local mom and pop shop. It's hit and miss, but the discount is so great, you can just use them as emergency backups if they don't work out.

Grasshopper, I'm going to sit you down and walk you through incredible public golf courses, lulu lemon and generally how to be a true 1%er with confidence and dropping the insecurities of things you don't understand. Don't be an elitist, be a 1%er. Elitist miss out on many good things in life.

things I will never do.

1) play a public golf course in the CoP
2) wear anything Athleta or LuLu lemon.
3) set foot on temple's campus

Do they sell men's stuff in a regular LuLu Lemon store? I seriously had no idea they even had a men's line. Only time I've ever been in there was this past December when I went to buy my wife some yoga pants. I will say, the girls working there were extremely helpful, almost over the top. I think I got asked if I needed help about four times and I was in there under ten minutes. Then again I probably looked completely clueless thumbing through women's yoga pants.

Yes, it looks like Nike, UA etc...just a lot nicer. I'm not running around in stretch pants either. The shirts are incredible and the sweat pants feel like pajamas but look sleek. Highly recommend.

things I will never do.
1) play a public golf course in the CoP

I consider this the golfing equivalent of eating hot dogs and french fries. You know it's not classy. It's not advancing your "brand". But there's something comforting about sipping a cold Yuengling can on a hot day, watching a 40 year old man ride his BMX bike across the 11th fairway at Cobbs Creek.

hahahaha , true story when I was 10 ish my mom got us golf lessons at Cobbs Creek. it was a golf camp so to speak. we'd watch films on golf, go to the range and the on the thursday of that week we were sent out to play 9 holes. this is my first time ever out of the comfort of my sheltered suburb. this homeless black guy crosses the fairway picks up my ball and tries to sell it back to be for $1. im 10 years old. im scared to death. i say to my friend lets get out of here, my friend looks at me and says "we have golf clubs, we can always use them to beat him with them." needless to say it was not enjoyable. that same friend who fought all the time in HS ended up being a PA politician.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT