ADVERTISEMENT

You will defend these things till death

NickleDimer

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Feb 7, 2002
Brightsidersville, USA
www.philly.com
Certain posters here have developed an undying passion for irrationally defending certain things without any signs of conceding their deficiencies. Whether it's a political idea, sports executive, or collar stay brand, let's take time on this thread to admit these items so that we can move forward from these circular discussions.

Things that I, NickleDimer, will defend until I am 6 feet under:
Donovan McNabb's on-field performance
the majesty of Pat Burrell's swing
Mike Piazza
my desire for local sports franchises to attempt to be competitive

Only lefthanded guys have majestic swings. Pat the bat does not qualify.

I will continue defend the idea that athletes are not overpaid.

Reactions: kjbert
Only lefthanded guys have majestic swings. Pat the bat does not qualify.
Burrell%2BFinger.gif.png

Some of the people who need this thread the most are not participating in it.

More for me:
Jamie Moyer sucks.
Ryan Howard shortened the prime of his career with a lack of attention to training and nutrition.
Ticket fees are a scam.

The US government is overextending its reach into our personal lives.

Jordan is responsible for his father's death.
Jordan was asked to leave the NBA as a result of his personal gambling issues.

All women are a pain in the ass.

Rental Real estate brokers in manhattan are worthless professionals. Literally zero value-add.

Chase Utley's single in the 8th inning of the 2009, game 2, World Series was safe and not an out.

That Charlie Manual blew the World Series against the Yankee by pitching Brad Lidge in Game 4 when the game was tied and not starting Lee in Game 6.

Ray did not travel and they would have won the National Championship that year if that call was gift to UNC.

Reid blew the Super Bowl when he stopped throwing to TO.

McNabb is nothing more than the Eagle's version of Drew Bledsoe. He could have been a great one if he hadn't decided to become a pocket QB and get fat.

Comcast is the worst company in the world.

1) Cancer "truthers" are just as crazy as 9/11 "truthers"

2) Philadelphia is a great place to live and grow up

3) The Stanley Cup Playoffs are the best playoffs

4) Obriend is the hottest benchwarmer

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
1. Carlos Beltran is one of the ten greatest center fielders of all time and belongs in the Hall of Fame.

2. Gender identity disorder is a mental illness that should be treated with therapy and medication. Sexual reassignment surgery should be an absolute last resort.

3. Godfather Part III is a perfectly fine movie that only gets a bad rap because the first two parts of the trilogy are all time top ten films.

Michael Jordan, while the greatest player of all time, played in a shallow talent version of the NBA, benefited from at least 2 major rule changes, and had a brilliant supporting cast.

LaMarcus Aldridge would school Bill Walton.

I'm a gifted lovemaker

This was said about homosexuality for years
And it was wrong. There is conclusive evidence that homosexual behavior exists in nature.

If someone feels that they were "born in the wrong body" their feelings are completely genuine, but a schizophrenic person may genuinely believe that god speaks to them. We don't indulge the schizophrenic person even though their delusions aren't any more facially implausible.

Tax rates impact where rich people pay taxes.
Scottie Reynolds was wildly overrated.
Phillie's have terrible fans and have for generations.
Philly is the city with the best sandwiches.

Negative generalizations about Philly sports fans are indicators of lazy journalism and overall stupidity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT