ADVERTISEMENT

You will defend these things till death

So angry for the situation he left his wife and kids.

The guy had major, major internal problems and was in such a bad state that he was incapable of thinking beyond his own pain. Hopefully his wife / children come to realize that one day.

ADP---sorry to hear about your friend. I don't have any experience with this but I'm sure his wife/kids need all the support you can give them.

The guy had major, major internal problems and was in such a bad state that he was incapable of thinking beyond his own pain. Hopefully his wife / children come to realize that one day.
The entire way it went down was the most selfish act I've encountered in my life. I'm trying to find a sliver lining here but none of the ones I come up with are good. Just a really awful situation and you feel for those left to deal with the mess. Sorry for the ruining a fun thread but it's been a rough stretch and the group therapy helps.

1995_HR.gif
Paul Oneill showed up in NY at age 30 after 8 years in Cincy hitting .259. Plays 9 years with the Yankees, hitting .304.

ADP I had a friend kill himself two years ago leaving behind a wife an 11 year old and an 18 year old. Just a horrible situation. All I can say is be there for the family they will need all the support they can get. It will take time. I was extremely angry. I refused to go to the wake and funeral and now regret it because I should have been there to support his wife and kids. I have come to realize it was a moment of weakness and pain that he couldn't get beyond at that moment. One moment in a lifetime of being a great friend, husband and dad.

The Big Red Machine was very overrated when it comes to dynasty's.
The mid-80s Met should be considered a disappointment.
Broad Street Bullies = Detroit Bad Boys.

The 2001 Sixers were the most beloved team in Philadelphia history even though they didn't win a championship
Mr. Sinder is a Philadelphia legend
Philadelphia has the best steak sandwiches because you can go to any corner pizza shop and get a good one
The omelets at the pit are the best I have ever had in my life
Even though Philly fans get annoyed at the stereotype by the national media, they wear it like a badge of honor
I enjoy going to football games, but watching at home is far superior
Women's team sports are terrible and not worth watching
Mario Lopez has not aged since 1989
ALF is one of the most underrated sitcoms ever
Larry David is the funniest person ever

There is no such thing as gluten.

People from Mediterranean countries are genetically predisposed to neurosis.

There is life beyond earth.

Sports gambling should be 100% legal throughout the US.
fruit slices should not be put into beer bottles
other than picking in the top 10 or so successful drafts in pro sports are mostly luck.
Jeff Carter was highly underrated as a Flyer
Nova's 1985 win over Georgetown isn't close to being one of the greatest upsets of all time.
Big boobs are overrated...it's not the size but the dimensions compared to body type that is important.
summer is far superior than winter

MLB umpires are the biggest hammers on the planet.

9 times out of 10 a female cashier in any type of store will tell you to, "have a good one" at end of transaction.

CoP has the best rolls in the country.

Female teachers are the biggest complainers in the world. More so than the average woman.

Driving a car is awkward and borderline not doable after owning a SUV for an extended time.

Playing inner-city games; wire ball, step ball, chink, stick ball, halfies, etc made you better at sports.

Lou Gossett's role as Sergeant Foley in An Officer and a Gentleman is damn near perfection.

The Wire is the best show ever.

Boogie Nights is Mark Wahlberg's best performance ever.

Once Upon in Ametica doesn't get enough respect as a great gangster flick.

Tony Soprano's mother was the most annoying TV character ever.

Steely Dan was a terrific band.

The Butcher's stories are always entertaining and posters that are critical of them are more than likely miserable human beings.

Fast Times at Ridgmont High, Risky Business, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off are 3 great movies that I will still watch when I catch them channel surfing.

I pick up something new every time I watch Pulp Fiction.

If I had gone into sports broadcasting, I would have been a great sports talk show host.

Fast Times at Ridgmont High, Risky Business, and Ferris Bueller's Day Off are 3 great movies that I will still watch when I catch them channel surfing.

Add in Last American Virgin. Super soundtrack.

Paul Oneill showed up in NY at age 30 after 8 years in Cincy hitting .259. Plays 9 years with the Yankees, hitting .304.
Perhaps, but the last 2 years at Cincy, Paul was their HR hitter. He had the highest HR total on their team in those years. In the 2 years before that, he was protected by other power hitters, and his batting average was .270s. O'Neill was also platooned early on with the Yankees to only hit against RHP.

The soundtrack to Pretty in Pink is out of this world and Andrew McCarthy was a beautiful twink back then

real question: client/friend, just killed himself last week. How do you reconcile being so angry with him and not hating him for what he did? Sorry, but that's been my life since Thursday.

ADP, took get to that point a person is severely ill. They've hit rock bottom and see no hope and no way out. Even though their life and situation IS fixable, in their mind it isn't. They get trapped in their own head and the pain becomes unbearable. I can only imagine how much pain your friend was in and that makes me truly sad for him. And most people in that situation go about it alone or without help, which really on exasperates it and makes friends and family angry or feel guilty (which they shouldn't).

I recommend sitting down with mutual friends and sharing good memories. Have some drinks and remember him for who he truly was before he went down this path. And know that for some people, like addicts, they just can never get through it. Don't be angry at him. Hopefully he finally found peace and understand that he didn't "give up." The person who he became after becoming depressed took over did.

Depression and other mental illnesses are extremely serious and unfortunately we don't talk enough about them in today's world.

If you'd like to talk further I'm happy to send you my email address.

Reactions: NickleDimer
G-DAMMIT CARTER ROOF THE PUCK!

65k people dancing to "My Boogie Shoes" in frigid temperatures during the TV timeout after chad lewis' 2nd TD catch in the NFC champ game was the apex of the andy reid era.

the loudest any philly sports stadium has ever been was the vet after duce's 2nd play from scrimmage td run. the quietest was that same stadium after barber returned the int for td.

women who have had non c-section childbirth will let you do anything you want to their butt because the whole area was blown to smithereens at one point anyway.

50 shades of grey ruined my patented "take the tampon out" move, as it's now lost it's uniqueness.

cocaine is a helluva drug.

White people tip better than other races.
The Burbs is one of the most under-appreciated movies of all time.
Yankees vs. Red Sox from 1995 to 2005 will never again happen in baseball with players hating each other.
Pete Sampras probably wins 2 majors if he started playing 15 years later.
The loudest the WFC ever was, Nardi for 3 and the lead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT