ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 76ers

I like the new color guy. I completely forgot Rose left for a front office job in Atlanta.

Hollis Thompson blows. 0 for 9 so far. I get the same feeling watching him that I did with John Mayberry Jr.

Will be interesting to see what they can do once Stauskas, Wroten and Covington are in the lineup. Might be fun to watch, even though ultimately doomed.

Hollis Thompson blows. 0 for 9 so far. I get the same feeling watching him that I did with John Mayberry Jr.

Will be interesting to see what they can do once Stauskas, Wroten and Covington are in the lineup. Might be fun to watch, even though ultimately doomed.
Agreed. I really was surprised with Wroten last year. I'm hoping Stauskas gets some minutes tonight I want to see him in action.

They insult me with JaKarr and Hollis. And now....TJ McConnell plays big minutes.

F*ck. You.

McConnell is a head scratcher. I guess they didn't want to give that shirt term roster spot to someone with long term NBA potential?

Oh it makes perfect sense. He's there to ensure the 2nd unit gets their head bashed in on a nightly basis, securing lots of ping pong balls.

Oak getting aggressively doubled literally every time he touches the ball. He better get used to it. It will happen the next 81 times he steps on the court.

I dont foresee McConnell playing much when Wroten and Marshall return. Not like it matters.

Not only was Hollis 3-15 but about 14 of the 15 shots were WIDE OPEN.

Was a laugh riot watching McConnell trying to cover IT2, who by the way would be on the Sixers right now if they had any intention of winning basketball games.

Reactions: CWertz
I have no idea what Wilbekin is capable of but it has to be better than McConnell.

McConell looks just like me and every other white irish kid who plays on the courts in nyc. I want him to do well but he's out of his element - kind of just trying to not screw up so the guys from Harlem don't yell at me

Hollis Thompson is an above average NBA 3-point shooter, but can't be starting. He's one of those guys you insert and he gets hot from time to time. With Covington, Wroten, Stauskas, Marshall, and maybe Landry, then you got Canaan moving to 8th man, Thompson 9th, Grant 10th, etc... Still not good, but better than this.

Noel will be very good in different type of way. You put a SF who can score and couple of competent guards around him and all those little things he does on the defensive end get magnified because it helps them win games. I was pleasantly surprised with Okafor's night. Showed some nice things. With no perimeter guys you're going to see Noel/Okafor try some things they really shouldn't trying at this point. Thus, some ugly nights and heavy TO's, but I rather they learn on the job than guys with no future touching the ball.

The Celtics will make the playoffs, but they're in purgatory for the foreseeable future. However, Stevens is a great coach and they may overachieve with this group and him leading them.

I have no idea what Wilbekin is capable of but it has to be better than McConnell.

McConell looks just like me and every other white irish kid who plays on the courts in nyc. I want him to do well but he's out of his element - kind of just trying to not screw up so the guys from Harlem don't yell at me

Wilbekin showed he can shoot a little, but they thought McConnell ran the offense better. He's the 4th PG when Marshall/Wroten return. Should of kept Ish Smith. I can't believe I'm saying that.

Ishe is starting for the Pels with Tyreke out and Jrue (shocker) hurt. But keeping it real he doesn't amount to a hill of sheet on this Sixers roster.

Went to game last night, sat behind sixers bench and you could just see the frustration on JO's face constantly. He is going to have a very tough time this year keeping his motivation.

Went to game last night, sat behind sixers bench and you could just see the frustration on JO's face constantly. He is going to have a very tough time this year keeping his motivation.
Another example why tanking 4 straight years is bad. However, I'm sure all that veteran leadership will keep him motivated and on the straight and narrow.

221-hinkie-600.jpg

I would not have guessed 37 years old. 45 minimum. I am blown away by this. Can't wait for the release of spg76ers' thesis on fake smart sports guys with bad personal health.

TwoD, what do you think was the primary reason for JO's frustration: the double teams? his awful teammates? the general idea of losing?

I'm not forming any conclusions until betty/Johnny tells me what REALLY happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT