ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Phillies Season

Are any of the guys that were traded for Hamels playing in the MLB on the Phillies now?

Eickoff

Williams AAA
Thompson AAA
Alfaro AA

All three will probably be on team by next year, if not sooner in one or two cases.

Not sure if I'm missing any others outside of Harrison.

I don't care about the money. But yes, I didn't think they needed to do so, but acknowledged it was possible. 32 million is YAWN-worthy.
Typical Burrs. So you were wrong but a Yawn worthy wrong because teams normally eat $32 million when they do trades.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Typical Burrs. So you were wrong but a Yawn worthy wrong because teams normally eat $32 million when they do trades.

Yea, I was wrong, just like you were wrong about Ian Desmond getting 100 mil to play SS. Yea, I know, you based that off him having a "typical" year. Yawn.

Anyway, I didn't think the Phillies needed to eat a lot of money (Not none at all), but said if they do who cares. It's Yawn-worthy because it's of little importance to me and obviously to them, too.

I was closer to what happen with Hamels than you were. Fact.

Stick to predicting what you're good at (Political races). Ohh, wait....

No, I was clearly wrong on desmond. If he had his normal year he gets paid. I didnt say that and he stunk. See, it's easy. You were completely wrong on hamels amd don't even realize it.

No, I was clearly wrong on desmond. If he had his normal year he gets paid. I didnt say that and he stunk. See, it's easy. You were completely wrong on hamels amd don't even realize it.

Completely wrong on Hamels? Umm, I don't think so. I stated forever the Phillies didn't have to give him away and that someone would come along with a good offer. I believe that happened.

#HitTheShowers

You're a rare breed of never-wrong always-hedging semantics-arguing sports blowhard.

Actually, I'm wrong a lot. Just be accurate in pointing it out. Thanks.

Anyway, you're a rare breed of always-taking-the-opposite-contrarian-like-no-other-rejurigator-of-used-up-jokes message board Cheek.

Anyway, you're a rare breed of always-taking-the-opposite-contrarian-like-no-other-rejurigator-of-used-up-jokes message board Cheek.
I count 13 words in the hyphenation. Winner....Burrs.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97

Please tell me when you were wrong on this board? I cannot seem to remember it.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Yea, I think so. Shitting a brick over the possibility of having to play MIami and their length in a S16 match-up wasn't really needed.

It's ok to be wrong. It's ok to be right. It's not ok to not have an opinion. Thats boring. Espeically on a message board.

It's ok to be wrong. It's ok to be right. It's not ok to not have an opinion. Thats boring. Espeically on a message board.

Agree.

However, a lot of things that are discussed aren't always black and white. So, if I say something on the lines of, we'll see how Player X develops and revisit it at a later date, then that typically gets thrown in my face or dubbed hedging. Happens a ton on here.

So, you can't find anything? Is that my fault?

All I know is that i've been wrong on here plenty of times.
I am not going to look, even if you were wrong it will just be another burrs hedging he comments so they can be taken as either way.

You were 100% off on Bynum.

Absolutely. Now listen closely.

I embraced the Bynum trade. I was excited by the trade. I thought he play well here based on being an AS, 20-10 guy the year prior.

Now listen.....

It failed.
It was a disaster.
My optimistic thinking was WRONG.

There are other examples of being wrong. Pull another one up and I'll admit to it like I have in the past. I know it's not hard.

It's almost the weekend, have a good one, hopefully the weather gets a little better.

No doubt.

What's on tap....

Baby Burrs #2 Bday tonight. Doing a little cake/ice cream with part of fam tonight.

Communion Party tomorrow

Mother's Day with Mrs. Burrs' fam on Sunday.

Action packed, baby.

Oh yea, just be accurate when portraying me. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Thanks.

I was thinking....

One year I thought the Phillies could continue to contend. They went 81-81. I WAS WRONG.....

I thought Chip Kelly would do well here. I WAS WRONG....(And I'll add this caveat, too. I didn't like the dude by the time he left.)

The year Nova went 13-19 I thought they were going to make a run in the BE Touney. I WAS WRONG

Burrs, you made some positive steps. Channeling Herm, we can build on this.

We get this level of agreement and now arak starts a new Phils thread?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT