ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Phillies Season

Baby steps with this team. Desperate for anyone who can produce a run with one swing every once and a while, he fits the bill. And at the cool price of $125 million on this deal, starting to pay dividends in the last year, helping to bridge the gap to the next era.

He's also likely to run into a few more relatively speaking as the weather warms up.

I wouldn't know but tend to doubt there's much Phils talk on WIP right now, can't see there being many sentences uttered that don't have "Bradford" or "Wentz" in them.

Colton Murray gives up some absolute ropes. Dude is a line drive off the head just waiting to happen.

Morgan cruised thru 4 innings and then NY decided to cheat. Threw him all out of whack.

Awful job by the umps. Not only did they botch the foul ball call, they made him wait 7 minutes on the mound, and then rewarded him by putting a guy on 2nd base.

Here's the Phils offense tonight thru 7....

1 inning: 3 run dong by Piece
1 inning: solo dong by ODB
The other 5 innings: 1-2-3.

Here's the Phils offense tonight thru 7....

1 inning: 3 run dong by Piece
1 inning: solo dong by ODB
The other 5 innings: 1-2-3.

Dude, you're unnecessarily getting worked about this on a nightly basis. I feel you, but this was expected by all. Just be grateful they've been competive for 28 games.

Dude, you're unnecessarily getting worked about this on a nightly basis. I feel you, but this was expected by all. Just be grateful they've been competive for 28 games.

Not worked up in the slightest. Just shocked this team is winning this often with NO OFFENSE.

You knew the blown save was coming. Gomez competes and mostly throws strikes, but he doesn't have a put away pitch for the most part. He's basically a good 6th/7th inning guy. Neris and Hernandez probably have better stuff to close.

The B5 was a killer.

Please describe a situation where you were wrongly accused of expectations management.
(optional: manage my expectations to getting a response to this request)

Please describe a situation that you would deem as me managing expectations? Example, please. Looking back into the time machine should be fun with this one. I wonder which example gets exaggerated to support one's agenda this time.

And the weather has been horrible, even when he was good Howard usually started slow:

"Ryan Howard hit a three-run homer in the fourth ... It was Howard's seventh homer in 85 at-bats. It is the quickest he has reached the mark in his career."

And I know he's platooning but I'll take this over some Lough equivalent "replacement player" at 1B for now, or more Ruf. One trick pony still has that trick at least, probably more so than at any time than the last few horrible seasons for him. Maybe some AL team bites and offers a warm six pack. Not sure how much I care about salary relief anymore for them given how low the payroll is.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...s_in_bottom_of_ninth.html#vemZjBip2WYB3Xud.99

I asked you for an example of the exaggeration and you igonored the request. Please don't be defensive. Describe a situation where you have been wrongly accused of expectations management so that we can move on and address your question.

I don't recall. I'll say this, tho. Probably back in like 2009-2010-2011 ish, I can't pinpoint the year or circumstance, but I probably made a statement about a Nova team that was more than likely very reasonable. From here, expectations being managed came about. Whoever started it surely embellished it and twisted it to be a funny guy. Yep, it happens a lot on here. From there, it just took off and has been overused repeatedly ever since, mostly by you and Ball.

Now, address my question.

I don't recall.

AP050801010914.jpg

I don;t know what you consider a expectation managed or not a expectation managed. I do know that it's been grossly overblown by this gr8 newsgroup, tho.

burrs, c'mon - all you do is manage expectations. Sam Hinkie too soon to tell ? That's managing expectations. Hamel trade return? Managed expectations. Every Nova player ever? M. Bridges? Managed expectations. Fran Dunphey? Manage expectations. Chip Kelly? Manage expectations. Trade for #2 pick? Manage Wentz expectations.

You can have your own Geico commercial at this point. When you're a mom? You call at the worst time. It's what you do.

"When you're Wcburrs87, you manage expectations. It's what you do."

Just own it.

burrs, c'mon - all you do is manage expectations. Sam Hinkie too soon to tell ? That's managing expectations. Hamel trade return? Managed expectations. Every Nova player ever? M. Bridges? Managed expectations. Fran Dunphey? Manage expectations. Chip Kelly? Manage expectations. Trade for #2 pick? Manage Wentz expectations.

You can have your own Geico commercial at this point. When you're a mom? You call at the worst time. It's what you do.

"When you're Wcburrs87, you manage expectations. It's what you do."

Just own it.
Just came back and in mid-season form.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT