ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Phillies Season

Let me get this straight because maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

So.....

Topic + Opinion = Managing Expectations?

So, looking at that list Dmil put together, I now manage the expectations of pretty much every sports entity that I enjoy?

Also, if someone comes on here tomorrow and says I think the Phillies can win 85 games this year and I respond with kind of high, I'd be happy with 75. Is that considered managing expectations or is that considered common sense?

Lastly, reflecting back on all of the opinions shared on this board, about sports, over the years, isn't it fair to say we all are expectations managers on some level?

Or, it that distinction mostly for the one non-Nova grad poster, who more than a few have a hard-on for?

Discuss!

There are plenty of other non-grads. But don't worry about that. Dmill just blew a heater by you at 99. You better choke up and try to tap one the other way.

unlikeky. And still waiting for someone to address my post. Oh yea, I've squared up plenty of Dmil heaters over the years. Yawn-ish

Classic burrs, His response to repeated examples of managing expectations was to manage the expectations of his own response.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Classic burrs, His response to repeated examples of managing expectations was to manage the expectations of his own response.

Classic nothing. I don't get what you mean.

Does having opinion on something mean you're in some form managing expectations?

Carson Wentz? Fran Dunphy? Hinkie? Every Nova ever? What the hell are you talking about?

Please, provide examples.

Those are the examples. A Constant ever-churning basket of dialed down expectations, too soon to tells, wait and sees, maybe maybe nots, let's not get ahead of ourselves, might be worth it might nots, it's a risk that might pan outs, and might not, trust the processes, pieces and chips, whoa pump the breaks and he's no mickey mantles.

Those are the examples. A Constant ever-churning basket of dialed down expectations, too soon to tells, wait and sees, maybe maybe nots, let's not get ahead of ourselves, might be worth it might nots, it's a risk that might pan outs, and might not, trust the processes, pieces and chips, whoa pump the breaks and he's no mickey mantles.

Right. So, with every thing in sports people should know right then and there how it's going to turn out? Is that what you're saying? You can see something once and know exactly how it will unfold? **** development? **** patience? They have no role here?

I look at stuff objectively and more times than not make informed, reasonable opinions. I try to be fair. I guess that is bothersome to some.

Take Carson Wentz as an example. Am I suppose to proclaim today how good he is going to be?

Can we get back to making this thread about the Phillies? Thanks.

4-0 loss. Phillies cleanup hitters and corner outfielders lowered their batting average on the season to 0.003

Here's more Phillies talk. The quartet of Ruf, Goeddel, Bourjos, and Burriss are a collective 27-180 (.150).

Wait, was that managing expectations?

its all you do. Look at your entire history of posts. You came here from the world of PaPreps exclusively to knock us down a peg with our irrational exuberance.

Wait. I was told it's not just Nova, but every sports team that I follow.

And why I came here is inaccurate.

But I'll ask you again. Concerning Nova's basketball team, what have I managed lately? Either cite examples or shut the f*ck up.

Yea, and you don't come here to take the opposite of every popular side presented, regardless of topic. Ok.

Just like mlb offseason doesn't turn into a Phillies circle jerk

Not our fault no one wants to talk about anything else..

Why would you even look in a Phikkies centric thread? Why waste your time? Ohhh, that's right.

Mikal Bridges to the NBA? Whoa who whoa, let's pump the brakes here. Good length. Needs to fill out. Could happen but too soon to tell. He could get better, but he might also level out.

Mikal Bridges to the NBA? Whoa who whoa, let's pump the brakes here. Good length. Needs to fill out. Could happen but too soon to tell. He could get better, but he might also level out.

Is that a quote? Or did you create the last two sentences for effect?

Dmil, will Bridges play in the NBA? If so, when will he leave? Tell me now.

Wait. I was told it's not just Nova, but every sports team that I follow.

And why I came here is inaccurate.

But I'll ask you again. Concerning Nova's basketball team, what have I managed lately? Either cite examples or shut the f*ck up.

Yea, and you don't come here to take the opposite of every popular side presented, regardless of topic. Ok.
What expectation about them HAVEN'T you managed?

What expectation about them HAVEN'T you managed?

Please, just cite the examples. One time.

I'll say this, tho. Over all the years I've been on here there have been a handful of instances when I have disagreed with a player's top end potential or how good a particular team was going to be. But IMO, these opinions have been reasonable and quite feankly mostly accurate.

The last three years I have always stated that they were going to roll thru their league and earn high seeds. I thought they could make deep tourney runs all three years. These are facts. So, how is that managing expectations? Indent get it.

Another example between you and I. I think Ochefu can find his way on a NBA roster. You don't. How is that managing expectations? Aten't you managing expectations?

Last year I was one of the few that said Hilliard had a good chance to be a 2nd RD pick. Many other "real" Nova fans didn't see it. Is that managing expectations?

Most of you guys embellish my opinions. I get it. I'm not the ultimate brightsider. I always call things the way I see them and if it's the slightest bit agaibst the brightsiding community then people get all bent out of shape.

In defending yourself not managing expectations, you cite your own history of managed expectations.

In defending yourself not managing expectations, you cite your own history of managed expectations.
It's mind-blowing.

This-is-water.jpg

Reactions: nardibynature2
I sort of call it the way I see it, when I see it clearly. However, what's really clear in a world of many shades of gray? Too soon to tell. Maybe the world isn't really gray but dont take that to mean I'm saying it's not gray.

Nope. It's defending myself and expressing that I think some of you overuse the terms towards me on here.

Also, if stating an opinion is managing expectations on some level, then we're all guilty of it.

So, let's move on.....

Nope. It's defending myself and expressing that I think some of you overuse the terms towards me on here.

Also, if stating an opinion is managing expectations on some level, then we're all guilty of it.

So, let's move on.....
So, to summarize... you don't deny that you habitually manage expectations. You just don't like that we too often use those terms to describe it. And... HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.

So, to summarize... you don't deny that you habitually manage expectations. You just don't like that we too often use those terms to describe it. And... HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.

Based off of what I'm hearing here, yes, it HAPPENS EVERYWHERE.

Also, I summarize that you still have not given me a specific example.

I'll use my Phillies' example again.

If someone comes on here today and says, I think they can win 85 games and I reply with, I think that's a tad high and I'd be happy with this team winning 75.

Is that an example of managing expectations? Or, is that example of common sense? So, any time you give an opinion on something that differs from someone else, is that considered managing expectations? What are rules of such? You guys are the experts on it, so please explain?

Dmil tells me I have managed Carson Wentz' already? Cole Hamels? Why because I said they would get a good package back and was right?

Wi

Is that an example of managing expectations? Or, is that example of common sense? So, any time you give an opinion on something that differs from someone else, is that considered managing expectations? What are rules of such? You guys are the experts on it, so please explain?
This is like Stephen Hawking asking someone to explain gravity to him.

Dmil and ND tag teaming burrs like the good old days. And he falls for it every time. God this board sucks so bad.

Burrs, to be fair on Hamels you weren't in the camp they needed to eat a ton of money to get a good package in return. They ate $32 million on Harrison's deal.

StL has more pinch hit homers than Atl has total homers. Piece has more homers than the entire Braves roster.

Burrs, to be fair on Hamels you weren't in the camp they needed to eat a ton of money to get a good package in return. They ate $32 million on Harrison's deal.

I don't care about the money. But yes, I didn't think they needed to do so, but acknowledged it was possible. 32 million is YAWN-worthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT