ADVERTISEMENT

76"ers

cleanwave

VUSports.com Legend
Dec 11, 2002
For some reason I can't see the last couple of posts.. Can we continue discussion here?

Originally posted by cleanwave:
For some reason I can't see the last couple of posts.. Can we continue discussion here?
Sure...

Any other questions for me? :)

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
Originally posted by Sportsboss_ofnothing:
Adp - something arrogant and delusional

Gdog - something redonkulous
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Did they really try to trade Embiid or did you make that up?
Some dude from Forbes said they were "shopping" Embiid, but more than few guys who cover the team disputed that. Saying that there is a difference between shopping and listening. The Forbes guy implied that everyone is available. Most of the guys covering the team agreed with that, but stated that Hinkie listens to everyone to gauge what other teams think of his players. But that it doesn't mean he was trying to trade him.

Then again, who the hell really knows. Some of these dudes just throw crap out there. You know, like saying Embiid is 300-lbs.

Forbes is concerned about winning & community.

Dollars & cents is secondary. : )

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

Sure...

Any other questions for me? :)
th

... over here.

novabball2, the Sixers are certainly trying new players!

As for coaches, I agree. I think it's trending in the right direction recently though. As front offices become more statistically oriented as opposed to "old school", the less you'll see teams bringing in old heads who "understand the game". A great example is the Lakers. The Buss family is a bunch of idiots still clinging to the past. They brought in one of the worst retread coaches in the league in Byron Scott who says he "doesn't believe in analytics". Literally.

These guys will be wiped away as the truth becomes more and more evident. Steve Kerr is doing a great job as a first time coach because he's been around players for a long time, has front office analytics experience, and has Alvin Gentry as his offensive mastermind. To win, you have to be new school. And yes, Gregg Popovich is new school.

As for Beasley - his per 36 offensive numbers last year were pretty damn good. He'll make shots and won't stop ball movement anymore. Guy just can't cover most guys in the NBA at the 3 or 4 in isolation situations. He shot 50% from the field, 39% from 3. 18 pts, 7 boards with a steal and a block per 36. Not hurting you on offense at least. Should they try someone else? Sure, if it wasn't March already. But they want someone who will step right in.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/beaslmi01.html

I know they have lost a few but I have not seen any of their games.. Have the Sixers looked a lot worse since the MCW jettison? Have they looked a lot worse in doing so? Honest question here

I know they have lost a few but I have not seen any of their games.. Have the Sixers looked a lot worse since the MCW jettison? Have they looked a lot worse in doing so? Honest question here
Of course they look worse. Much worse. That's what Hinkie was going for. Ensuring they stay in the bottom 3-4 or in a seemingly top-heavy 3-4 player draft.

He believes he can then parlay MCW into either the 6th overall pick this year or the 4th to whatever pick next yr. I'll tell you what, he better hit on that pick he traded MCW for. If they dont get the #1 pick and Okafor I would tend to believe Mudiay is the guy he will target to sprearhead this attack - at least Larry Brown seems to think so. But I could also see him loving Karl Towns and dealing Noel.

Sixers could have 4 picks in the top 20 this yr. They will have at least 3. I suppose they will have the flexibility to move up 1-2 spots in this draft if need be to acquire whom he really, truly wants. I would tend to believe he likes Mudiay more than Russell because he's a next level athlete.

I had written how silly it was for Burrs to go down the rat hole the ND took him down on Harris and his strategy with the Sixers. The guy already made $500+ million on the purchase of the Sixers. He's not simply trying to strip them down to sell them. Certainly not in advance of both the new TV and INET deals coming. He's got one of 30 NBA franchises, which is like having a money tree in your backyard. He bought the franchise for $280 million. It' worth 3 X that amount today. (I wrote that in my most condescending and arrogant tone with the hope of educating you simpletons).

This post was edited on 2/27 7:15 AM by adp98

Why would you want to trade Noel?!?! Have you seen him play over the past few weeks? There are few elite centers in this league and Noel has the ability to become one, especially as he improves his jump shot. Heck, he could become the second coming of KG given his athleticism.

They need to get Mudiay or Russell out of this draft. I'd be ok with Towns as I think he potentially could play a SF/PF tween position and having three athletic 7 footer, with two who can hit threes, is very dangerous.

Originally posted by obriend1:
Why would you want to trade Noel?!?! Have you seen him play over the past few weeks? There are few elite centers in this league and Noel has the ability to become one, especially as he improves his jump shot. Heck, he could become the second coming of KG given his athleticism.

They need to get Mudiay or Russell out of this draft. I'd be ok with Towns as I think he potentially could play a SF/PF tween position and having three athletic 7 footer, with two who can hit threes, is very dangerous.
Embiid, Towns and Noel have hardly proven they can hit threes.

Re: 76"ers BS Alert

"The guy already made $500+ million on the purchase of the Sixers."

Oh yeah..

Sorry, how about outside jumpers? Towns hit three's in high school and will be able to extend his range. Embiid can hit NBA range three's right now. If you go to a Sixers game you'll see him swishing them in warmups.

Sorry, how about outside jumpers? Towns hit three's in high school and will be able to extend his range. Embiid can hit NBA range three's right now. If you go to a Sixers game you'll see him swishing them in warmups.
I think when these guys show they can do it from NBA range, against NBA defenders, you can say that. Embiid hit ONE three in college (in only 5 attempts), and that was against guy who could not guard him that well. Until they do, they are suspect at best. I think that's fair.

There is a difference between shopping and listening. And supposedly the info came from a Laker's insider. No one, except for maybe LeBron and Curry, is not on the table when push comes to shove. If the Sixers offered Embiid, MCW, and their 1st rounder and another future 1st for Westbrook you don't think the Thunder would have talked?

There is a difference between shopping and listening. And supposedly the info came from a Laker's insider. No one, except for maybe LeBron and Curry, is not on the table when push comes to shove. If the Sixers offered Embiid, MCW, and their 1st rounder and another future 1st for Westbrook you don't think the Thunder would have talked?
There are lot of player not on the table. A lot.

Sixers hold nothing to trade, for a super high caliber player.

This post was edited on 2/27 10:25 AM by cleanwave

Yes, 300% worse. They were a fun to team to watch, who were mostly competitve once the (0-17) ended to start the season. I think (12-24) from that point, which over a full season is about 27 ish wins. Not great, but improving. They were (4-4) prior to the break, including two highly comeptitve losses to the Warriors and Hawks. Again, it was progress.

They are (0-4) since the break and are giving up roughly 107-108 ppg. Now, some of that has to do with news faces in the mix, but still they are noticeably worse in my opinion. Also, turnovers have been abysmal.

Originally posted by adp98:
I had written how silly it was for Burrs to go down the rat hole the ND took him down on Harris and his strategy with the Sixers. The guy already made $500+ million on the purchase of the Sixers. He's not simply trying to strip them down to sell them. Certainly not in advance of both the new TV and INET deals coming. He's got one of 30 NBA franchises, which is like having a money tree in your backyard. He bought the franchise for $280 million. It' worth 3 X that amount today. (I wrote that in my most condescending and arrogant tone with the hope of educating you simpletons).

This post was edited on 2/27 7:15 AM by adp98
The last 6 or 7 posts in that thread never made it to view. I didn't see you post.

Noel has played better. His improvement is noticable, but I still feel that he is still in the infantile stages of his development. Still very raw and still lacking experience. He's never going to be a three-point shooter, but that doesn't matter. If he can hit a 15-18 footer consistently then that would be nice. He's improved in that area overt he last mnoth.

I don't have a problem with trading guys for something tangible, but if he continues to trade young players for future picks then that will bother me. He gets a pass with MCW because I can see the moving him now is the right thing to do side of it.

Yea, openly shopping and listening are two totally different things.

I'd take Towns before Okafor right now.

Oh boy... some 76ers brightsiding going on here. Embiid has 3 point range and the only difference between Duncan and Noel is a 15-18 foot jumpshot. I'm going to resign my title as Global Director of 76ers Expectations Management effective immediately. There are no longer any expectations to manage - only delusions remain. It's been a good run and I look forward to working with you all in the future. Thank you for all the entertainment you have provided. Let's keep in touch going forward. My personal email is billy.king@brooklynnets.com.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:
Oh boy... some 76ers brightsiding going on here. Embiid has 3 point range and the only difference between Duncan and Noel is a 15-18 foot jumpshot. I'm going to resign my title as Global Director of 76ers Expectations Management effective immediately. There are no longer any expectations to manage - only delusions remain. It's been a good run and I look forward to working with you all in the future. Thank you for all the entertainment you have provided. Let's keep in touch going forward. My personal email is billy.king@brooklynnets.com.
One poster brought up 3-point shooting. I don't recall seeing duncan's name, but I did see Garnet's. Again, one poster. Anyhow, if it only takes one poster for you to relinquish this title, then that's still a good thing. Best news since your retirement when it comes to this topic.

Garnett had - jumper at 6'11 as a 16 year old. Noel is one of the worst offensive bigs in the NBA. I like him a lot but he is very far from being a factor on O - he could have an offensive progression similar to Jermaine O'Neals career with better D. If that happens, he is a really nice player.

Burrs & Obrie,

In your worst Sixer fan nightmare, Did you ever think the team would go 19-63 & then 12-45 with so little talent on the roster?

if they get #1 im fine with Okafur, you take the best player. if 2 or 3 you have to go guard. you cant trade away a PG/SG and then draft another center. thats why you have Embiid , Sarik and Noel. Hinke better get these guys on the floor next year cause if he doesnt there will be mutiny.

you need to show something for the work,

Mudiay/Russell/Okafur
Embiid
Noel
all need to get on the floor and Sarik in 2016-17.

Sixers are horrible right now, gave up 61 1st half pts two games in a row. i feel badly for Brett Brown and hope they stick with him if the team starts to improve. if he is just a fill guy to take the brunt of this before hiring back Larry Brown in 2017 ill be pissed.

Burrs & Obrie,

In your worst Sixer fan nightmare, Did you ever think the team would go 19-63 & then 12-45 with so little talent on the roster?
Yes.

Going 37-45 every year is no picnic either.

I expected last year and this year to be really bad. I didn't think they'd win 10 games this year at the beginning of the season. I will say this, but I was enjoying them play over the past two months (give or take). Defensively, they were doing some really good things and they were mostly competitve. So, changing that does put a bad taste in my mouth for the moment. Like I said, I'll never stop being a fan of the team. But two steps forward, four back, won't have my happy if it continues for multiple years. Last year was the tear down. I'm ok with that. But this year was suppose to be the build up. No, wasn't expecting anything crazy, but moderate progress.

I'll continue to think this way. No one hires a GM and says here, you get 10-12 years to fix this. It just doesn't happen. So, there has to be an end game at some point. I'm hoping next year shows promise and the following year they make moves in FA and make the playoffs with signs of good things to come.

Between Okafor and Towns I think Towns at this point is going to be the better NBA player. I have flipped on that these last couple weeks really getting a isolated look at both.

Phil Jackson doesnt seem like he's going out of his way for much, so interesting to see him in Columbus, OH this past week.
Not a trip I would have expected him to make unless....

Okafur is a monster player. the college game and Dukes style slows him down. he holds the ball like its a tennis ball and has a lot of offensive skills. he is the sure #1 pick.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT