ADVERTISEMENT

76"ers

Why did Houston trade for McDaniels exactly ? Free agent to be and can't get 1 second of playing time for them.

i'm not aware of a precedent for noel's habit of stealing the guard's dribble on ballscreens

elite defensive player already, and a more useful player than okafor will ever be

not many seats left on the towns bandwagon

carter-williams blows. basically a 100% chance that hinkie will get a better player with that lakers pick in the top eight next year

Nerlens Noel has been playing extremely well for several weeks. He is an elite defender, good rebounder and his offensive game has grown. The offense will never be very good but he has shown improvement throughout the season.

This post was edited on 3/7 9:43 PM by matty17

This post was edited on 3/7 9:45 PM by matty17

Originally posted by BettyHester:
i'm not aware of a precedent for noel's habit of stealing the guard's dribble on ballscreens
Noel's quickness with his hands is freakish. He has 15 steals in the last three games. His steals per game for a player his size are among the best ever. Five double-double in six games. Averaging 11.7 PPG, 12.2 rpg, 3.3 spg, 2.2 bpg during that stretch. 73% (49-67) in last 14 games from the line. He can improve much more on the offensive end over time. He can get stronger over time. I'm very pleased with development this year. He's still 20.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:
Is the plan to sign Noel to a huge deal in 2 years, when the REAL 76ers are rookies/sophs? Or will he just get flipped for a protected pick next year?
I'll guess we'll have to wait and see. Not sure he'll be worthy of a "huge" deal, tho.

The Heat are predictably in a death spiral without Bosh. Let's hope this pick stays in the 11-12 range. At this rate they will be in the top 10 of the lottery and the Sixers wont get the pick. Gonna be close. They suck right now.

Originally posted by gldendog:
The Heat are predictably in a death spiral without Bosh. Let's hope this pick stays in the 11-12 range. At this rate they will be in the top 10 of the lottery and the Sixers wont get the pick. Gonna be close. They suck right now.
As I stated weeks ago and got resistance, even after Bosh news. Anyway, they are 3-2 in last 5, 7-6 in last 13. Wade sat out a game recently, Deng sat twice, Dragic the last two. They are what they are, which is a win one lose one club.

In the 12th spot today, but just .5 game out of 15th or 16th spots (7th/8th seeds in east). However, just 1.5 from the 10th draft spot. Six teams from 25 to 28 wins. It's jammed.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
I'll guess we'll have to wait and see.
Your default comment on the sixers. We can't question anything because we haven't used all the SECOND ROUND PICKS and CAP SPACE yet.
I don't have a crystal ball. I can't see into the future.

Dude, if this team bothers you so much then just stop watching them and talking about them. I don't really get why you subject yourself to something that brings you so much aggravation.,

Burrs on Nova hoops (currently riding an 11 game win streak where they have pummeled 9 of their opponents by 11+):
"EVERYONE IS DISAPPOINTING"
bigstockphoto_anger__1167749-resized-600.jpg

Burrs on 76ers basketball, in their 2nd or 3rd season of not trying to field a team:
"Wait and see. You never know what will happen."
tumblr_mqg6emWc6l1ri6x74o1_1280.jpg

This post was edited on 3/10 10:29 AM by NickleDimer

Once again ND states something that is incorrect or intellectually dishonest. He can't have fair dialogue so he has to resort to making stuff up. Signs of a weak mind.

When have I downplayed what Nova is doing? I've done the opposite and called it before it even happened. I clearly stated they would run through this league before they played a game and they did. Fact. I stated they would have a high seed. Fact. I think they are a #1 seed. Fact. I said I would be shocked if they didn't make a deep run, a F4 run. Fact.

Please, let's keep it honest.

Villanova lands another promising McDonalds All-American.
Burrs: Every Villanova McDonalds All-American under Jay Wright has been disappointing.
Tommy_Lee_Facepalm_2574.png

Crippled 76ers big man Joel Embiid reinjures his foot.
Burrs: Let's wait and see. Nothing is certain yet.

The-Legend-of-the-Five-Elders.jpg

Good little skirmish brewing here. It's like the Gaza strip of BWs - periods of relative inactivity, then the region flashes hot.

Noel's quickness with his hands is freakish. He has 15 steals in the last three games. His steals per game for a player his size are among the best ever. Five double-double in six games. Averaging 11.7 PPG, 12.2 rpg, 3.3 spg, 2.2 bpg during that stretch. 73% (49-67) in last 14 games from the line. He can improve much more on the offensive end over time. He can get stronger over time. I'm very pleased with development this year. He's still 20.
Does this mean the next time he takes on Kelly Olynyk, he won't get completely dominated?

No, it's a lie....

Where did i say every MCD's AA under Wright has been disappointing? I can't even think of the MCD's AA off the top of my head. I have no idea what you're talking about.

The pic before that one, something about Nova's team being disappointing. Again, WTF are you talking about?

Typical D-head here. You can't keep it honest so you have to make stuff up.

Originally posted by CWertz:

Does this mean the next time he takes on Kelly Olynyk, he won't get completely dominated?
Watch the games, brother. Pretty small sample size and I doubt Noel was on him entirely for his career night.

No, it's a lie....

Where did i say every MCD's AA under Wright has been disappointing? I can't even think of the MCD's AA off the top of my head. I have no idea what you're talking about.

The pic before that one, something about Nova's team being disappointing. Again, WTF are you talking about?

Typical D-head here. You can't keep it honest so you have to make stuff up.
In a thread about promising recruit Jalen Brunson:
"Wayns, Yarou, and Cheek were all high recruits."

On Archi:
"He'll never be a good shooter."
"Pointer not being on the 1st-Team will be the biggest joke of any All-Conference team."

On Villanova drawing their third 18k+ crowd to the 76ers' (avg attendance 14k):
"It's clearly a pro sports town"

On a gr8 regular season:
"Could have been better. Laid an egg against Seton Hall"

On the Big East:
"No star power, getting waxed in TV ratings, doesn't have the drama of the former BE"

Man, you're reaching it and real good at taking out fragments of a post to support your inaccurate agenda. Please, retire agin.

1, Yes, they were all high recruits and not much came from it. Point being I choose to wait until I watch kids play in college before I anoint them anything. I also stated that the kid will probably be good, but I haven't seen him play and I'm not going to watch highlight clips to form an opinion. What is wrong with that?

2. Look at the stats. He hasn't been a good shooter. A solid second half has pulled the numbers up some. I also said that he could raise his numbers as his career moved on.

3. Pointer not being on 1st-Team is a joke. I'm not the only one who has said this. Watch games and you'll be able to make educated comments as well. Plus, I never suggested a Nova guy took it, but Pointer's season was definitely worthy of a top 4 spot.

4. After I wrote the laid the egg comment I said I was kidding. Jesus christ....Intellectual honesty, please.

5. Those were the quotes from the guy who wrote the article. But yes, the league has little star power, the Tv ratings aren't great, and the league will never match the old BE. Sorry, but those all appear to be fairly accurate.

I have said all along that Nova is a very good team. You're nitpicking and being a giant D-head. I listed six teams that respected this year and Nova was one of them. I said last week that that I'd be shocked if Nova didn't make a F4 run. I said no one was playing better than them aside from Kentucky. I can go on and on.....

It's okay to be a heel burrs. I think some of your comments have enough truth to them to drive conversation- just own it. You're not the hero benchwarmers wants... you're the villain it needs..

Originally posted by SnottieDrippen:

... you're the villain it needs..

Agree....I'm warming up to the idea of Burrs holding Nova and its fans to a higher standard.

Originally posted by LizReed:

Agree....I'm warming up to the idea of Burrs holding Nova and its fans to a higher standard.
Yawn. This is like Jamie Dixon and the Phillies collapse. I was on it years ahead of the pack. I actually have come to enjoy it.

I've been nothing but complimentary about this Nova team all year. Pretty much a fact. If people want to create something else then knock yourselves out. It's inaccurate.

I really like Jay Wright. I like his teams. I call things the way I see them. Some of the fan base can be douchey, clueless snobs, who I do dislike. I've always been honest about this.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:

Originally posted by LizReed:

Yawn. This is like Jamie Dixon and the Phillies collapse. I was on it years ahead of the pack. I actually have come to enjoy it.
Not a yawn. Me embracing the Burrs persona is newsworthy.....to me.

Originally posted by CWertz:

Watch the games, brother. Pretty small sample size and I doubt Noel was on him entirely for his career night.
Great defensive effort by Noel tonight, Tyler Zeller came in averaging just under 10 points a game but was able to muster 26 points against Nerlens. On top of that Noel scored a majority of his 18 points in garbage time. He better get use to garbage time.

Man, you probably ran to the computer to post that.

The Sixers were terrible tonight. They have one of these severe clunkers from time to time. It seems that they save their poorest games for the C's. Avery Bradley doesn't ever miss a shot. C's playing well right now, tho.

Zeller his a bunch of foul line jump shots off of pick and rolls and Noel nowhere in the picture. Stop acting like he powered over him for 10 buckets.

Noel's defense has been very good this year and will only get better.

And he scored 13 of his 18 points midway thru the 3rd QT. Then again, the entire game was garbage time with the C's jumping out to a 20-point 1st Qt lead.

Man, you probably ran to the computer to post that.

The Sixers were terrible tonight. They have one of these severe clunkers from time to time. It seems that they save their poorest games for the C's. Avery Bradley doesn't ever miss a shot. C's playing well right now, tho.

Zeller his a bunch of foul line jump shots off of pick and rolls and Noel nowhere in the picture. Stop acting like he powered over him for 10 buckets.

Noel's defense has been very good this year and will only get better.

And he scored 13 of his 18 points midway thru the 3rd QT. Then again, the entire game was garbage time with the C's jumping out to a 20-point 1st Qt lead.
Noel is suppose to be a quick moving big man but you don't blame him for allowing a stiff like Zeller to eat him alive? I would really like Noel to turn into a good player but I simply don't see it. The guy is soft and way behind offensively. I also believe his defense is way overrated. He will get his fair share of block shots but at the end of the day, he is usually dominated. I can live with this guy struggling on the offense end of the court for a little while but he was suppose to be some sort of a great defender and that is far from true.

I think Noel has had an encouraging year considering he only played 20 games in college and missed last year with an injury. He will more than likely finish 2nd in ROY balloting behind Wiggins. He leads all rookies in rebounding, block shots, and steals. And i believe he is in top ten overall in steals and block shots, or was close to that as of last week. He's improving offensively, but that isn't going to happen over night. The Sixers are not good, but last night was one of their worst efforts (Excluding right after deadline) in some time. Collectively, they were terrible. Zeller reaped the benefits by making a bunch of foul line jump shots off of pick-and-rolls and due to poor rotations. He had a night. Cap tip. The C's are playing well right now, probably playing above their heads a little. Stevens is a great, great coach. And the dopes who said his jump to the NBA has been a complete failure couldn't be more wrong.

I've said a long time ago that Noel isn't ever going to be a top 2 or 3 option on the offensive end, but that's ok. He gets his hands on a lot of passes and disrupts an offense when he is active. Taking the ball from guards out top is something not typically done by post players, but he does it a lot. His best are ahead of him. His ceiling in terms of how he can influence a game is J. Noah.

You are not allowed to besmirch the good name of a 76ers employee on this board. The damage control team will arrive within 30 minutes of any critical post to sprinkle a layer of HOPE, PIECES and CAP SPACE over the entire thread.

You can say whatever you want about any Sixers' employee on this board, but at least know what you're talking about.

I remember that play. No weakside help--poor rotation D. Not Noel's fault. Ever.

This is fascinating. Who knew there was a national network of volunteer 76ers apologists ready to assemble to defend their honor at the drop of a hat. Thank goodness you have focused your militia on protecting a lousy lost basketball franchise rather than twisted religious principles.

Help me out here.....twisted religious principles? I forgot to put my sarcastic font on for my previous post.

Might be time for another rehab stint in the minors for you. Get your velocity back.

And it wasn't a US Open qualifier. I'm not even eligible for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT