ADVERTISEMENT

76"ers

MIA has struggled in 4th quarters over the last few weeks. You don't go up 15 and then decide to tank in the 4th QT.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
MIA has struggled in 4th quarters over the last few weeks. You don't go up 15 and then decide to tank in the 4th QT.
Did not mean it literally of course as I said "like"

They then put up zero fight versus the Pacers as if they could care less. Does not look good but would love that pick at #11 if at all possible.

The Heat were up 19 at half. The Bulls begin 2nd half with 39-8 run (Very hard to do). Heat now 1.5 out of a playoff spot and all alone I the 10th draft spot. Now, this pick in peril.

Originally posted by gldendog:
In peril is an understatement. Wave bye bye to it.
They can win their last 3 games (TOR, ORL, @ PHI), but will they even try? Still just .5 out of 11th.

Still, blowing a 19-point halftime lead in a must-win game is crippling. Plus, Wade is on fumes. We'll see who plays and who sits come Saturday vs TOR. You're probably right.

Indiana and Boston are playing much better ball and wont lose much the rest of way. By the time they get to those last 2 games I expect Miami to be so exhausted they will just try to tank them to keep the pick. It would serve their franchise much better to do so. They need help bad and Dragic trade looks like a major bust. They REALLY need that pick this yr.

Last game of year vs Sixers will probably be hilarious with both teams trying to lose the game as visibly as possible.

Boston will lose at Cleveland tomorrow night and Indiana could at Detroit as well. All is not lost yet. That said, Miami's loss tonight was brutal.
This post was edited on 4/9 11:25 PM by matty17

t99.r191677.gif

Originally posted by matty17:

Boston will lose at Cleveland tomorrow night and Indiana could at Detroit as well. All is not lost yet. That said, Miami's loss tonight was brutal.
As if Cleveland gives a rats ass about these gain nothing games.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

Originally posted by CarDashian:
With Noel, Embid and Okafur/Towns, who is going to guard the other team's 4?
See Space, Cap.
Noel can definitely guard the perimeter. He'd block less shots but his screen and roll d is well above average even for a 4

Originally posted by matty17:

As if Cleveland gives a rats ass about these gain nothing games.
CLV was down 14 at half. Starters played 3rd QT and cut it to two. James and Love haven't gotten off bench in 4th. Kyrie didn't dress. They have 5 points in 4th QT with five minutes left.

Brooklyn beating the piss out of WAS.

Both will be 2 up on MIA with three left. I guess MIA will try until they are officially out of it, but who knows.

Of course.

Wave bye bye. Pick is gone. Now we will have 4 next yr in a draft full of guys I've never heard of.

Originally posted by SnottieDrippen:

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

Originally posted by CarDashian:
With Noel, Embid and Okafur/Towns, who is going to guard the other team's 4?
See Space, Cap.
Noel can definitely guard the perimeter. He'd block less shots but his screen and roll d is well above average even for a 4
nerlensnoel.gif

Well, I sure as hell did not think Cleveland would tank it that bad. Obviously, they did not care at all. Miami has to win tomorrow and they could still win out and get that #11 spot but not looking real good. #11 is the only hope right now.

Why wouldn't Clev rest their stars? What's to gain besides injuries ?

They don't care. Did you see the Cavs Sixers game from a couple wks ago? They treated it like practice.

Of course.

Wave bye bye. Pick is gone. Now we will have 4 next yr in a draft full of guys I've never heard of.
But you basically said the same thing about this year's draft.

Need Menphis to beat Utah tonight, but in a dogfight right now. Toronto played tonight, so maybe MIA has an easier time tomorrow. I still think they'll try to win until officially eliminated. They hold tiebreakers on both BOS/BRK.

Oh look Miami loses again. What a stunning development that is.

So it looks like we can safely assume they will only have one 1st rd. pick this year. Best case scenario is they win the lottery so Hinkie can flip that pick for even more ASSETS!

But Hinkie will have like 4 first round picks and Saric coming over next summer so I guess that works too.

Going to be another tank job next year though - going to be interesting to see how the organization sells that.

Another season of tanking would be awful considering how long it's been since this town had any kind of a decent NBA team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT