ADVERTISEMENT

76"ers

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

There is a silver lining
with the MIA pick if it doesn't convey this year or next in that it's not protected in 2017. But whose to say MIA won't somehow figure out to be a top 1/3 team in the league by then.

Solid chance the Lakers pick will convey next year. Probably in the 7-`14 range, best guess.

Anyone see Embiid doing 1-on-1 drills with Curtis Sumpter yesterday?
Well yes, isn't there always?

Originally posted by adp98:

There is a silver lining
with the MIA pick if it doesn't convey this year or next in that it's not protected in 2017. But whose to say MIA won't somehow figure out to be a top 1/3 team in the league by then.

Solid chance the Lakers pick will convey next year. Probably in the 7-`14 range, best guess.

Anyone see Embiid doing 1-on-1 drills with Curtis Sumpter yesterday?
Well yes, isn't there always?
Care to explain?

burrs, I did see Embid and all I can say is WOW. Obviously, he could play now but the 76ers are doing the same thing they did with Noel. Embid will make his debut in the summer and that is what should happen.

Can we stop the Noel BS? Argue about the other 11 very questionable spots on the roster. Who cares if just 2 guy is considered a good prospect? Doesn't prove anything about anything either way.

The Celtics are rumored to be going after Kawhi Leonard. He could be a great career player in Boston, but certainly needs pieces around him.
Justise Winslow looks a lot like Kawhi as a freshman.

Is there any doubt if the Sixers get the #1 pick that they trade back for 3 or 4 and a future first rounder? If Vegas had odds on it I'd play it. Pieces baby!

The Celtics have no one like Noel or Embid. Not close. Anyone who has watched Embid in pregame or the latest video available knows he is ready to play NOW. Of course, the 76ers will not do that for the reason I stated above. Add to that, a likely top 3 pick and very possibly another high pick (because of the assets) and you have the makings of something that could be very special. No guarantees but certainly possible.

Originally posted by matty17:

The Celtics have no one like Noel or Embid. Not close. Anyone who has watched Embid in pregame or the latest video available knows he is ready to play NOW. Of course, the 76ers will not do that for the reason I stated above. Add to that, a likely top 3 pick and very possibly another high pick (because of the assets) and you have the makings of something that could be very special. No guarantees but certainly possible.
So, you're saying the Sixers could be title contenders in a few years or complete busts. Talk about going out on a limb. I get your point though.

Add to that, a likely top 3 pick and very possibly another high pick (because of the assets) and you have the makings of something that could be very special. No guarantees but certainly possible.
2015-16: A team of rookies, rejects and a "possible future Joakim Noah". Sounds like another sh*tty season to me.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

Add to that, a likely top 3 pick and very possibly another high pick (because of the assets) and you have the makings of something that could be very special. No guarantees but certainly possible.
2015-16: A team of rookies, rejects and a "possible future Joakim Noah". Sounds like another sh*tty season to me.
Fortunately, you're not a Sixers' fan, so you won't have to worry about wasting your time watching it.

Sixers going to blow this and force a 2nd OT. Sounds like Noel is really developing. We have a piece!

Originally posted by adp98:
Sixers going to blow this and force a 2nd OT. Sounds like Noel is really developing. We have a piece!
Good loss for the Sixers I suppose. In some ways, theit offense lately has been out dueling their defense. Gave up a 102 points at home to the Lakers in regulation, the Lakers average under 99 points a game. I think Noel is starting to get better offensively but he needs to shoot a better FG percentage. That will come in time.

winslow is the second-best prospect among the american college guys

portis is a f--king fraud. disappears against size

Good news...D Wade hurt his knee (again). Hopefully on the shelf for a little bit. That pick could settle nicely into the 11-12 range. Holla.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Good news...D Wade hurt his knee (again). Hopefully on the shelf for a little bit. That pick could settle nicely into the 11-12 range. Holla.
Or it could bring them to the 10th seed. Indiana is just 2 back, Charlotte is 1.5.

Also, OKC now tied was WAS. OKC at Memphis tomorrow night, wile WAS hosts the Knicks.

Not sure Wade's injury is overly serious. He was under the weather before the game. Plus, they were down big at time of injury. They have road games at DET & IND on deck, but finish with 4 of 5 at home (at Sixers on final day of RS).

Have a feeling Sixers are only gonna get one pick this year, hopefully the heat can hold on.

Originally posted by Tha Butcher:
Have a feeling Sixers are only gonna get one pick this year, hopefully the heat can hold on.
Possible. I still think MIA really has to go in the tank for them to fall to the 10th spot. Like in said to road games on deck, but favorable final 5. Then again, some of these teams who have clinched playoffs might start resting guys, so it's hard to tell how difficult a game will or won't be for the teams in the hunt. It looks like the Heat have as about as much a chance to finish 15/16 and in the playoffs as they do to finish in the 11-14 range. Not the end of world if Heat pick doesn't convey. It's protected 1-10 again next year. I could see them being in a similar position. Also, it's unprotected the following year. A chance they regress even further, though more likely Riley doesn't allow that to happen.

The he okc pick is no better than 50-50 right now. This pick will probably never be better than 19. A healthy Thunder next year probably has then picking between 22-27 and in probably a weaker draft. Only protected 1-15 next year. But after that it turns into two 2nd RDers. I'd prefer it convey this year to
maximize the best position, in the stronger of drafts.

Never er expected the Lakers pick this year. I can wait to next year, but I think best case scenario is probably 7-14 range. If the Lakers can pull a minor miracle and catch ORL (1.5 back) then conveying this year is about 50/50. I don't expect that.

Keeping track of who to root for as it relates to the Sixer draft picks just doesn't make it to the top of my sports priority list, so I am going to wait until after the lottery happens, and then I will check and see what they end up with when it is finalized.

Originally posted by CWertz:
Gortat owned Noel the other night, just saying.
Again, understand the game a little better. Look at the defensive metrics that have Noel top 10 defensive player in the league. Not cherry pick a game here or there to support your inaccurate agenda. John Wall got Gortat those buckets with pick and rolls and drop-offs at the rim.

Originally posted by CWertz:
Gortat owned Noel the other night, just saying.
Again, understand the game a little better. Look at the defensive metrics that have Noel top 10 defensive player in the league. Not cherry pick a game here or there to support your inaccurate agenda. John Wall got Gortat those buckets with pick and rolls and drop-offs at the rim.
Wow, excuse after excuse, when Noel gets owned, it's never his fault. Wizards centers shot 15-16 in that game and grabbed 18 rebounds against an all league defender. Gortat is a decent player but come on, at least admit when Noel does not play well defensively. I suppose there was nothing Noel could do in that game and all of Wall's 15 assists went to their two centers.

Cwertz, I don't get you. You say you're a Sixers' fan. So, we both know there are a lot to complain about on that end. But how Noel has professed and improved throughout the year is not one of them. How you can watch the games and not see his development and impact defensively is beyond me. The numbers don't lie. Use the entire season, not small sample sizes. Makes no sense. Friggin Chris Paul gave Damon Lilliard 40-17 the other night. The night before Blake Griffin gave the GS Warriors front court, one of the best defensive teams in the league, forty, too. It happens throughout the league on a nightly basis. Stop cherry-picking on a game by game basis.

Cwertz, I don't get you. You say you're a Sixers' fan. So, we both know there are a lot to complain about on that end. But how Noel has professed and improved throughout the year is not one of them. How you can watch the games and not see his development and impact defensively is beyond me. The numbers don't lie. Use the entire season, not small sample sizes. Makes no sense. Friggin Chris Paul gave Damon Lilliard 40-17 the other night. The night before Blake Griffin gave the GS Warriors front court, one of the best defensive teams in the league, forty, too. It happens throughout the league on a nightly basis. Stop cherry-picking on a game by game basis.
I gave Noel props for his performance against the Lakers, no comments from you on that one.

How can anyone not be happy with the growth of Noel? He is already a premier defender in the NBA and his offense is better than I ever though it could be. When did he ever have the ability to drive and use his left hand in college? The only offense he ever showed in college were put back dunks and alley-oop baskets

He and a healthy Embid are great building blocks to go with whoever they get in the top 3 and Miami's pick which will be 12-16 in a deep draft. Hell, if you get lucky in the draft and get Okafor or Towns then you could move him and get back in the top 5. BTW, I do not advocate that because of how good he has become just putting it out there.

How can anyone not be happy with the growth of Noel? He is already a premier defender in the NBA and his offense is better than I ever though it could be. When did he ever have the ability to drive and use his left hand in college? The only offense he ever showed in college were put back dunks and alley-oop baskets

He and a healthy Embid are great building blocks to go with whoever they get in the top 3 and Miami's pick which will be 12-16 in a deep draft. Hell, if you get lucky in the draft and get Okafor or Towns then you could move him and get back in the top 5. BTW, I do not advocate that because of how good he has become just putting it out there.
I am not unhappy with Noel but I think people sometimes go over board with his play. If you think Towns or Okafor are better than Noel and you have a shot to get one of them, I think you do. Unless, you feel Russell, Mudiay or Winslow are worth taking that high in the draft.

Don't disagree with the last part of your post. If you get lucky and draft one or two, you take the best player and that is Towns or Okafor. If they finish three or four, then you simply take Russell or Muldiay. I would not put it past Hinke to move Noel if that lucky scenario happens (Towns or Okafor) because he has become that valuable.

Matty,

This is a deep draft? Really?

Last year was supposed to be a deep draft.

Cwertz, who exactly has gone overboard on Noel? Can you give me an overboard type comment?

You take the best player at your spot. If that happens to be Okafor or Towns, then you take them and figure it out later. Pretty simple concept.

Gdog, it's not a bad draft and much better than you portrayed it before the season started. Is it "deep"??? Maybe, compared to some other drafts, but not so much compared to others. You really can't tell if it's deep until the players play in the league for a little while.

Burrs, the media mostly, websites touting the guy as already a huge bright spot. He has done decent but in my eyes he is totally incomplete player who may or may not turn into something really good. I feel people are reaching because currently there is nothing else to feel good about with this team until Embiid and the new draft picks arrive next year.

Cwertz, not an unreasonable thought. I don't think too many people are going overly crazy. Is there some over the top out there? Probably. Everyone needs to keep it in perspective. There is absolutely a lot to like about his development. But he's not a finished product, still has a ways to go in some area, and no guarantees that he'll ever completely reach the potential that some see.

Personally, my goal is not for Noel to be the best player on a good Sixers' team. I think he can be a really good defensive player. A player that gets his hands on a lot of balls and protects the rim. I think his rebounding will get better and he's doing ok in that area right now. I expect him to compliment in the scoring department. I don't ever expect him to be the best player on a good team. I think those goals are realistic and doable.

Once you get passed pick 6 or so in this draft you're delving into
Whoknowsville.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Once you get passed pick 6 or so in this draft you're delving into
Whoknowsville.
I'll give you that once you get past six it might be some misses, but I think there will be players found throughout the first round. You just have to find them.

CWetrz is the dictionary definition of a dumb/irrational sports fan. It's made me so happy watching this unfold. The guy can't wait til the 20 year old 220 lb rookie center struggles against a veteran fringe all star who gets paid around $13m a year. Somehow 1 game vs the Wizards validates his entire point but meanwhile there's a seasons worth of data sayinying that he's having one of the best, or at least unique, rookie defensive seasons off all time. But Cwetrz is right, the 1 game sample vs the Wizards is better than the 60 game sample vs all other teams.

Originally posted by selmore1:
CWetrz is the dictionary definition of a dumb/irrational sports fan. It's made me so happy watching this unfold. The guy can't wait til the 20 year old 220 lb rookie center struggles against a veteran fringe all star who gets paid around $13m a year. Somehow 1 game vs the Wizards validates his entire point but meanwhile there's a seasons worth of data sayinying that he's having one of the best, or at least unique, rookie defensive seasons off all time. But Cwetrz is right, the 1 game sample vs the Wizards is better than the 60 game sample vs all other teams.
I like Noel and want him to do well. I gave him props for the Lakers game and simply mentioned a fact against Gortat, I didn't roast Noel. You can kiss his balls all you want, I am just having a conversation on a sports message board. If you want get personal because someone slightly disagrees with you, that's on you.

As of today all three 1st RD picks sit in the protected range.

Don't really get it, do you want all these picks this year? Getting this many rookies in all at the same time isn't really the best idea. I think it'd be better for the team to bank some of the picks another year and use them as trade chips.

Selmore, that's reasonable and not the worst thing in the world.

I'd like to have two 1st Rd picks this year; the Sixers own and one other. I did think this was the best year to maximize the OKC pick, as I think a healthy OKC is picking in the mid-20's next year, but I guess you never know. Plus, that turns into two 2nd Rds after next year, I think.

Also, I'd be happy with getting lucky with the Lakers pick this year, but I don't think that will happen.

Originally posted by selmore1:
Don't really get it, do you want all these picks this year? Getting this many rookies in all at the same time isn't really the best idea. I think it'd be better for the team to bank some of the picks another year and use them as trade chips.
Eight picks as of right now for the Sixers, this draft outside of the very top does not look to be all that strong.

Technically, they only have six picks. Their own first and five 2nd Rders. They have a chance at nine total with three more additional first rounders. Obviously, they won't be using all of these picks or even getting all of them. If they end up with two first rounders, then I doubt they take more than two 2nd RDers that they bring to camp with them. Probably a trade or two or draft and stash types in the 2nd Rd.

Fn Heat, man.

I know Wash and OKC would have a coin flip if tied at 18-19 but would say Miami-Indy have a flip if they tie in the lottery ? Or well Miami automatically of course "win" the breaker and finish 10?

Need the Pacers and Celtics to start losing games. Miami has a somewhat navigable remaining sched. Lots of home games but they suck right now and Indy is riding Paul George mojo. Not looking good.

The head-to-head tie-breaker only pertains to playoff positioning. For the draft order it is coin flip between two teams.

MIA had a 15-point lead vs DET the other night in the 4th QT and lost in final five seconds. The week before they lost at the buzzer in MIL after having another big 4th quarter lead. Meanwhile, the Celtics are winning games at the buzzer in Toronto and Indiana just got a surge with Paul George returning. Furthermore, Deng might be done for the year with MRI on knee set for today, same with Beasley. Whiteside or Andersen didn't play yesterday either. Might not be meant to be.

OKC is a full two games behind WAS with SA on deck for them and the Sixers for WAS. Not looking good.

Miami needs to beat Charlotte at home in their next game. If not, then you have to really worry about that pick. The loss at Detroit last Saturday looked like a total tank job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT