ADVERTISEMENT

76ers off season discussion thread

as002

'Nova Nation Sensation
Oct 9, 2009
Since this thread has deteriorated into a 76ers discussion, the title has been changed

been trying to tune in. Hearing how amazing the games are. Now that we got past the gamblers paradise of favorites walking away with easy wins in round, one, I believe this is when the fun begins, right?

Watched the first quarter of the San antonio v okc game yesterday. Turned it off because the Spurs were up 2 dozen after 12 minutes and the teams had combined for over 60 points and the game was just terrible.

Turned on the heat v hornets right now. Miami is up about 30. So exciting.

So when do the good games start? And don't give me that game 3 or 4 home upset to force a game 5 or 6 where the favorite wins the series. When are the exciting games that I am supposed to watch?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Last edited:
Looks like the raptors v pacers are also in round 1. I will tune into that one to see kyle take more wide open 25 foot shots in 48 minutes than he did in two years at villanova

200 seconds into the game GSW v PTB game and we have a double digit lead for the favorites. Sweet

NBA really is a gamblers paradise. Favorites always take care of business. Nothing goofy about this sport at all.

Can't believe GS is only -800 to win this series. A colossal underlay. Should be -8000.

Reactions: as002
20+ pt lead in the first quarter

When do the exciting parts of the NBA playoffs start?

20+ pt lead in the first quarter

When do the exciting parts of the NBA playoffs start?

10 of the final 15 games (Sweet 16 on) of the NCAA Tournanebt were decided by double-digits. The two Final 4 games by a combined 61 points

#YAWN
#Hittheshowers

Reactions: NickleDimer
There were also dozens of awesome games in the tourney. And since they are all single elimination games, even a ten point game has drama. Don't go trolling there, burrsies

Seriously though, when can I expect a good NBA playoff game? Maybe the raptors today?

35 of 63 NCAA Tournament games decided by double-digits.

#Yawn
#Hittheshowers
#TheJVcouldneverdoaseries
#Thetalentlevelsareindifferentgalaxies

35 of 63 NCAA Tournament games decided by double-digits.

#Yawn
#Hittheshowers
#TheJVcouldneverdoaseries
#Thetalentlevelsareindifferentgalaxies

So almsot half of the games were decided by single digits? And these are single elimination games? Holy crap, that sounds fun!! And every weekend had awesome games and the championship was decided by a buzzer beater?? Gr8!!

Again, let me know when the excitement is going to happen in the nba playoffs. These games have sucked so far.

Good thing i tivo'ed some other events that i will watch instead.

Just checked in on the Blazers v warriors game. Still a dozen point lead.

Has there been an exciting game yet?

I watched the Blazers v clippers the other day. Even that game was putting me to sleep. Decided on a bs touch foul to put plumlee to the line to win.

Watched the raptors game through the third. Another favorite blowing the doors off the underdog.

I can see why burrsies says he only watched a handful of nba olayoff games this year.

Hey, somebody give me a program alert of when the games are supposed to get good.

Good win for Kyle. He admittedly played like doodoo but hopefully they can make a run? Probably not.

I wasnt impressed with anybody in the East outside of the Cavs.

Dallas, Houston, Portland were not very good either in my opinion.

Not saying the NBA is bad just saying the first round match ups were difficult to watch from a basketball stand point. I think there are 4-5 really really good teams then a bunch of mediocre to bad teams. Just difficult to watch the bad teams play.

Not saying the NBA is bad just saying the first round match ups were difficult to watch from a basketball stand point. I think there are 4-5 really really good teams then a bunch of mediocre to bad teams. Just difficult to watch the bad teams play.

Two elite teams, two good teams, bunch of teams just filling the rest of the spots.

Lebron forgetting how to shoot is a great development for someone who dislikes Lebron. Kyrie has been awesome though.

I don't think this is unfair for this season. The last few years had better 1st RD series, IMO.

Per gdog and burrs, unless you are one of 4 teams, you should have tanked.

Not really. If you're a younger team (ie DET, PORT, CHAR, BOS), not at your ceiling, who might be able to build off this experience, then I think it's ok. No one expects a team to go from out of lottery to contenders in one year.

Not really. If you're a younger team (ie DET, PORT, CHAR, BOS), not at your ceiling, who might be able to build off this experience, then I think it's ok. No one expects a team to escape the lottery for at least 5 years.

Fixed.

Not really. If you're a younger team (ie DET, PORT, CHAR, BOS), not at your ceiling, who might be able to build off this experience, then I think it's ok. No one expects a team to go from out of lottery to contenders in one year.
This might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted. Boston is debatable, but PORTLAND?

A mid 40s team with no realistic championship aspirations winning a first round series because of serious injuries to the heavily favored opponent's star PG and big man...

Where have I seen that before?

This might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted. Boston is debatable, but PORTLAND?

A mid 40s team with no realistic championship aspirations winning a first round series because of serious injuries to the heavily favored opponent's star PG and big man...

Where have I seen that before?

What's ridiculous about it? I never said they had realistic championship aspirations this year. Not once.

My point is that you can make a case that PORT's core is still young and not really at their ceiling yet. They can add to their team in the next couple of years and build off of this year's experience/season. I believe they are in good position CAP SPACE wise. They have a younger star in Lillard. A dynamic backcourt at times this year. So, them making the playoffs this year is ok even though they had no chance of winning a title. Why? Because they are in good position to build off of it. Again, what is so ridiculous about that?

What's ridiculous about it? I never said they had realistic championship aspirations this year. Not once.

My point is that you can make a case that PORT's core is still young and not really at their ceiling yet. They can add to their team in the next couple of years and build off of this year's experience/season. I believe they are in good position CAP SPACE wise. They have a younger star in Lillard. A dynamic backcourt at times this year. So, them making the playoffs this year is ok even though they had no chance of winning a title. Why? Because they are in good position to build off of it. Again, what is so ridiculous about that?

I mean, you're basically describing the 2012 Sixers to a T, except that Holiday was much younger than Lillard at that point, and the Blazers already lost their big man. Who's the second half of that dynamic backcourt? CJ McCollum?

By the 444ers metrics, Lillard should be traded and the team should tank for the rest of the decade and draft high rated, possibly chronically injured big men. They've got at least three teams that will be better than their highest ceiling for the next decade most likely, lost their star to free agency already, and you think that CAP SPACE will really attract a championship caliber free agent?

They made it to the second RD once and that was because Rose tore his knee up and Noah got hurt. They were going nowhere.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Portland capitalized on the bottom half of the west being uncharteristically terrible. A lot of bad teams over there. Pelicans also fell on their face. Mavs as average as it gets and they made playoffs. Grizz destroyed by injuries. Houston stopped trying once McHale was fired. Utah mediocre at best and have no guards. Minny too young. Phoenix god awful. Lakers terrible. Kings terrible. Only 5 teams in west were better than 42-40 this year. And Portland was one of the 5. And they have 2 damn players. West basically 4 teams and a bunch of garbage thereafter. As for the East you know it's 1 team and a bunch of garbage tho the Hawks aren't a bad squad. And Miami has some players but neither is a remote threat to Lebron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT