ADVERTISEMENT

Brexit

tjc3844

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Sep 10, 2003
Coming up on Thursday. Get ready for a possible wild ride in the stock market! Polls are pretty close on it.

I learned more about Brexit in the past week than any other American. To keep it simple. Everyone in England thinks Trumo is an ahole, but 43-47% of them are sick of polish, Romanian and Armenian immigrants coming into their country.

Reactions: kjbert
I learned more about Brexit in the past week than any other American. To keep it simple. Everyone in England thinks Trumo is an ahole, but 43-47% of them are sick of polish, Romanian and Armenian immigrants coming into their country.
Trumo has nothing to do with Brexit.

Big mistake if they leave. It (exit) also increases the likelihood of another Scottish referendum and a further split.

80% of parliament wants to remain. The referendum doesn't actually mean anything, it's just a giant poll. No change happening in the immediate future, even if the vote is overwhelming for leave.

I was praying to god I would find a shirt that said ''make England gr8 again #voteleave". Would've bought it a second.

Reactions: kjbert
Allow me. It's quite ironic that the great majority of the U.K thinks Trumo is an idiot. Yet ~40% of their population has eerily similar views on population control and how to go about it.
I don't think sensible immigration policies are accurately described as "population control."

Allow me. It's quite ironic that the great majority of the U.K thinks Trumo is an idiot. Yet ~40% of their population has eerily similar views on population control and how to go about it.
Exit vote takes small early lead in the election returns.

Is it just me or does the new prime minster candidate look like trumps bastard son? Jon Snow, Ramsey Bolton, Lord Trump?

Should get long a bunch of cable then put a big bet on remain to move the odds market. Free money.

1gVFD.png

I think this is a sign of just how fed up people are with government. All the forecasters got it wrong. We could be looking at a similar kind of vote here in Nov.

I think this is a sign of just how fed up people are with government. All the forecasters got it wrong. We could be looking at a similar kind of vote here in Nov.

I don't think that's the right takeaway. It was not a referendum argument based on "big government".

I think what swung the election was the realization of how much more the UK puts into the EU than it gets back. The UK lose ~18M pounds a day in the current structure.

People that vote for Trumo feel the same way about handouts and "taking back the country". Again, ironically, the states that will likely vote for Trumo take the most handouts from blue states.

Reactions: tomjackleman
You cannot deny this was also about sovereignty, the feeling of being without borders and losing identity as a nation. It's also about immigration/nationalism. There is no question these are the same themes Trump is hitting on. This is happening in many western countries. Trump for all his "stuff" understands this and tapped into it.

I think what swung the election was the realization of how much more the UK puts into the EU than it gets back. The UK lose ~18M pounds a day in the current structure.

People that vote for Trumo feel the same way about handouts and "taking back the country". Again, ironically, the states that will likely vote for Trumo take the most handouts from blue states.

That's what I find so fascinating about these working class morons voting for Trumo. They believe he's one of them, despite the fact that he's a trust fund New York billionaire elitist who despises the working class.
They're basically voting on the grounds that both Trumo and his constituents hate minorities.

You cannot deny this was also about sovereignty, the feeling of being without borders and losing identity as a nation. It's also about immigration/nationalism. There is no question these are the same themes Trump is hitting on. This is happening in many western countries. Trump for all his "stuff" understands this and tapped into it.

That's what I feel is at the heart of this.

On a larger scale, globalism is at stake. All of us grew up being told that globalism, free trade, etc., would increase the living standard for all, but supporters would argue (not terribly wrong here) that instead it's greatly increased the wealth of a few, at the expense of the lower classes. It will be interesting to see the reverberations throughout Europe in the coming year.

Reactions: adp98
They are voting for him because he's not speaking to strength and nationalism. These are the people who blame foreign trade for taking their jobs. It's places like PA and Ohio, which used to be labor strongholds were he's doing well. Along with the obvious GOP grounds. I don't believe it either but he's tapped into something. Amazes me how a guy who doesn't even try to learn the issues has gone this long/successful.

Tom, you totally get it.
This is all about taking your destiny into you own hands. Too much has been surrendered into the hands of government which has become a bloated club of elitist snobs who think they know more about what's good for you than you do for yourself. With all his craziness, Trumo has understood this feeling on the part of ordinary citizens since he first entered the race. It has nothing to do with all the dumb stuff being thrown at him from the left. This is a movement to take back control of the country and your life. I hope Hillart keeps dishing out her progressive nonsense. That might be the best thing the Trumo campaign has going for it. The Brexit vote should finally show these obnoxious politicians that they are hired by and are working for the people!

Is it safe to say our election is going to be highly influenced on how the UK's decision looks in 4 months. Not enough time to see the real results. Going to be interesting

This is all about taking your destiny into you own hands. Too much has been surrendered into the hands of government which has become a bloated club of elitist snobs who think they know more about what's good for you than you do for yourself. With all his craziness, Trumo has understood this feeling on the part of ordinary citizens since he first entered the race. It has nothing to do with all the dumb stuff being thrown at him from the left. This is a movement to take back control of the country and your life. I hope Hillart keeps dishing out her progressive nonsense. That might be the best thing the Trumo campaign has going for it. The Brexit vote should finally show these obnoxious politicians that they are hired by and are working for the people!

1. I believe he was talking to the other Tom. Otherwise he was being sarcastic.
2. The UK is f-cked. The people are morons. Shouldn't be allowed to vote for their own caretakers. Same goes for us.

Reactions: tomjackleman
Is it safe to say our election is going to be highly influenced on how the UK's decision looks in 4 months. Not enough time to see the real results. Going to be interesting

Hillary was -500 to become President yesterday. She is still at -500 today.

We'll see if that changes in the coming days/weeks....

Kneejerk reaction is to say this helps Trumo. Alternatively this puts the fear in the Democrats that the threat is real, and with very serious consequences. Probably increases turnout if it's expected to be close.

That's what I find so fascinating about these working class morons voting for Trumo. They believe he's one of them, despite the fact that he's a trust fund New York billionaire elitist who despises the working class.

Agreed, but Hillart is no different.

Her campaign signs literally read "I'm with H -->"

She is a very wealthy elitist and although she tries to portray herself as a champion of the working stiff the reality is that she doesn't give two shits about the average voter.

Yes, but trump is an idiot. He's in freaking Scotland right now and doesn't know how to capitalize on this. He slugs off the questions. He could have done a victory lap and leveraged this. However, I'm not sure he's taken the time to learn the issue. Times like this makes me think he really doesn't want to be president but selling.

Yes, but trump is an idiot. He's in freaking Scotland right now and doesn't know how to capitalize on this. He slugs off the questions. He could have done a victory lap and leveraged this. However, I'm not sure he's taken the time to learn the issue. Times like this makes me think he really doesn't want to be president but selling.

I wouldn't be taking a victory lap here. Farage last night had some poor words when he said something like "We've gained our independence without firing a bullet". Very, very poor taste.

And yet you and the Mrs. are going to vote for him........

1. I believe he was talking to the other Tom. Otherwise he was being sarcastic.
2. The UK is f-cked. The people are morons. Shouldn't be allowed to vote for their own caretakers. Same goes for us.
"The people are morons." It's that kind of thinking that spurs voters' reactions to the political system. Keep up your elitist comments - they help Trumo :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT