ADVERTISEMENT

Brexit

Anarchy, here is perhaps the most egregious example:

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/feb/13/uk-supreme-court-debate-european-courts

Other examples include such ridiculous rulings from Brussels as forcing certain vacuum cleaners, toasters, hair dryers and even tea kettles off the market in the UK. (Really big mistake because anyone should know you never mess with a Brit's tea.) They want to impose a tax on cow flatulence more commonly known as farts. (Man, is that a load of shit.) They also want to stop UK butchers from packaging pork kidneys in the same package as pork chops. I have no idea why? The list goes on and on and is a great example of an overseeing bureaucracy gone wild trying to take more and more power.

Prohibiting the sale of some household appliances because they are not energy efficient is hardly an EU issue, and its hardly an example of a nanny state. Further, the toaster and kettles ban was never actually put into law, and is only being pushed by Juncker after the Brexit vote. Energy efficient appliances are common in every developed nation, including the US. It's just a talking point for people to whine about to hide other underlying issues.

The pork kidneys is just a complete myth.

I don't believe wanting your country to have recognized enforceable borders is a bigoted or right wing position.

Supporters of U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump are more likely to describe African Americans as "criminal," "unintelligent," "lazy" and "violent" than voters who backed some Republican rivals in the primaries or who support Democratic contender Hillary Clinton, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

Ahead of the Nov. 8 election to replace Barack Obama, the first black U.S. president, the poll also showed significant numbers of Americans in both the Republican and Democratic parties view blacks more negatively than whites, harbor anxiety about living in diverse neighborhoods and are concerned that affirmative action policies discriminate against whites.

Republicans in the survey expressed these concerns to a greater degree than Democrats, with Trump supporters presenting the most critical views of blacks.

-----------------

"Nearly half of Trump's supporters described African Americans as more "violent" than whites. The same proportion described African Americans as more "criminal" than whites, while 40 percent described them as more "lazy" than whites."

So I guess we know the actual make up now of bigoted Trumo supporters

Supporters of U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump are more likely to describe African Americans as "criminal," "unintelligent," "lazy" and "violent" than voters who backed some Republican rivals in the primaries or who support Democratic contender Hillary Clinton, according to a Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

Ahead of the Nov. 8 election to replace Barack Obama, the first black U.S. president, the poll also showed significant numbers of Americans in both the Republican and Democratic parties view blacks more negatively than whites, harbor anxiety about living in diverse neighborhoods and are concerned that affirmative action policies discriminate against whites.

Republicans in the survey expressed these concerns to a greater degree than Democrats, with Trump supporters presenting the most critical views of blacks.

-----------------

"Nearly half of Trump's supporters described African Americans as more "violent" than whites. The same proportion described African Americans as more "criminal" than whites, while 40 percent described them as more "lazy" than whites."

So I guess we know the actual make up now of bigoted Trumo supporters

Laziness is a matter of opinion. I like blacks but look at the crime statistics. It's not racist to state facts. Blacks commit far more violent crime than whites.

Back on subject, Nigel Farange gave a great speech to the Euro Parliament. It is definitely worth a watch.

Laziness is a matter of opinion. I like blacks but look at the crime statistics. It's not racist to state facts. Blacks commit far more violent crime than whites.

Back on subject, Nigel Farange gave a great speech to the Euro Parliament. It is definitely worth a watch.

African Americans are charged with far more violent crimes than whites, yes.

Laziness is a matter of opinion, yes, and people's opinions changing on a skin tone is racist, yes. Not sure what you are proving there.

Farage is a blowhard, and his words after the Brexit vote were disgusting.

Reactions: NickleDimer
African Americans are charged with far more violent crimes than whites, yes.

Laziness is a matter of opinion, yes, and people's opinions changing on a skin tone is racist, yes. Not sure what you are proving there.

Farage is a blowhard, and his words after the Brexit vote were disgusting.
And your comments on Farage are also an "opinion!" I thought him telling off the EU was pretty funny. But, that's just my "opinion."

And your comments on Farage are also an "opinion!" I thought him telling off the EU was pretty funny. But, that's just my "opinion."

Do you realize that an MP was shot and killed by a crazy "Leaver" and Farage a few days later said "without having to fight, without a single bullet being fired”.

That's not an opinion on poor taste; that is disgraceful. There's no disagreeing with that.

Please respond to my earlier comments since you seem to be eager to jump into the back and forth. I've posted them again below:

Just keep misreading the signs of discontent and the mood of the electorate. I won't stoop to the name calling routine that you have, Wade. That's just the usual tactic people use when they don't have plausible arguments to support their points of view.

‘Crazy Bernie’
‘Crooked Hillary’
‘Little Marco’
‘Low Energy’ Jeb
‘1 for 38 Kasich’
'Goofy Elizabeth Warren'

Just address that if you can, pretty big one. Thanks in advance, appreciate the dialogue.

Do you realize that an MP was shot and killed by a crazy "Leaver" and Farage a few days later said "without having to fight, without a single bullet being fired”.

That's not an opinion on poor taste; that is disgraceful. There's no disagreeing with that.

Please respond to my earlier comments since you seem to be eager to jump into the back and forth. I've posted them again below:

‘Crazy Bernie’
‘Crooked Hillary’
‘Little Marco’
‘Low Energy’ Jeb
‘1 for 38 Kasich’
'Goofy Elizabeth Warren'

Just address that if you can, pretty big one. Thanks in advance, appreciate the dialogue.
I'll just respond by saying - So, you think it's OK to take a wide brush and paint 40% of Americans as racists because they support Trumo? That's a really enlightened point of view. As for Trumo's nicknames, they are nothing more than theatrics.

I'll just respond by saying - So, you think it's OK to take a wide brush and paint 40% of Americans as racists because they support Trumo? That's a really enlightened point of view. As for Trumo's nicknames, they are nothing more than theatrics.

Where did I say that? I posted facts from a Reuters poll that helps confirm a number we were arguing about. I stated "Yes, they (racists and bigots) are, but they do congregate more in some places than others. Which is what we have here." This poll confirms that statement, while also confirming that they exist in every demographic, even including Clinton supporters, just in lesser numbers.

And thanks for finally responding to my question, and confirming that he's just using the usual tactic people use when they don't have plausible arguments to support their points of view.

Where did I say that? I posted facts from a Reuters poll that helps confirm a number we were arguing about. I stated "Yes, they (racists and bigots) are, but they do congregate more in some places than others. Which is what we have here." This poll confirms that statement, while also confirming that they exist in every demographic, even including Clinton supporters, just in lesser numbers.

And thanks for finally responding to my question, and confirming that he's just using the usual tactic people use when they don't have plausible arguments to support their points of view.
I would buy that explanation were it not for the last line of your post where you make it clear you agree. Btw, all you have to do is look at crime statistics to see that blacks are more widely involved in violent crimes than whites. Sadly, it's mostly black on black violence. Recognizing that as a verifyable fact does not make any person a racist.

I would buy that explanation were it not for the last line of your post where you make it clear you agree. Btw, all you have to do is look at crime statistics to see that blacks are more widely involved in violent crimes than whites. Sadly, it's mostly black on black violence. Recognizing that as a verifyable fact does not make any person a racist.
What are you referring to in my last line? I have no idea.

I literally never came close to saying 50% of Americans are racist. Based on the facts above, it's likely 20-30%, which is about right, with obviously a wide scale even within that.

Farange is out of mind. Seems to be willfully ignoring what he has just done to his country, and what he said before the vote.

Reactions: tomjackleman
If only Congress wasn't so short sighted.

5_wedding%20crashers-2010-12-16-0.jpg

Farange is out of mind. Seems to be willfully ignoring what he has just done to his country, and what he said before the vote.
He hasn't done anything to his country. In the largest voter partition referendum in the history of the U.K., the majority of voters exercised their right to determine their country's direction. Pretty simple concept to understand.

He hasn't done anything to his country. In the largest voter partition referendum in the history of the U.K., the majority of voters exercised their right to determine their country's direction. Pretty simple concept to understand.

Largely based his utterly bullshit narrative that had the lesser informed thinking EU money would go to NHS and no one but British people would be allowed in or out. They have taken a tremendous economic hit, and have allowed good ole Germany to wield new economic power and use it however they see fit - we all know how that goes. He is a stupid, stupid man - he's backing off most of what he said prior to the vote and he's caused tremendous economic damage to his own country, with the pound inching toward parity with the USD, which has happened exactly never. Other than that, yeah, he hasn't done anything.

Largely based his utterly bullshit narrative that had the lesser informed thinking EU money would go to NHS and no one but British people would be allowed in or out. They have taken a tremendous economic hit, and have allowed good ole Germany to wield new economic power and use it however they see fit - we all know how that goes. He is a stupid, stupid man - he's backing off most of what he said prior to the vote and he's caused tremendous economic damage to his own country, with the pound inching toward parity with the USD, which has happened exactly never. Other than that, yeah, he hasn't done anything.
Geez! I didn't know he was a modern day Pied Piper and millions of UK citizens are such "mice" that they followed him off a cliff. That's so laughable!

Geez! I didn't know he was a modern day Pied Piper and millions of UK citizens are such "mice" that they followed him off a cliff. That's so laughable!

It's not laughable at all. He scared a bunch of old Brits and they turned out. I am failing to see one legitimate upside to this vote. Outdated tea kettles !?!!

Reactions: tomjackleman
It's not laughable at all. He scared a bunch of old Brits and they turned out. I am failing to see one legitimate upside to this vote. Outdated tea kettles !?!!
Here's a clue for you, Anarchy. It doesn't matter if you see an upside. What matters is that the majority of UK voters see an upside.

Here's a clue for you, Anarchy. It doesn't matter if you see an upside. What matters is that the majority of UK voters see an upside.

The only thing is, they voted based on a guy who was spouting off utter nonsense. Literally lies. Scotland, NI and London, all voted overwhelminly against. And look what has happened already.

Lemme ask you - what do you think is going to be the long tern benefit of the UK leaving the EU? Other than getting their power sucking vacuum cleaners back.

Boris Johnson completely outmaneuvered and announces he won't run for PM. Both parties are a mess over there right now. Time to turn it over to the monarchy again. Enough of this democracy.

Boris Johnson completely outmaneuvered and announces he won't run for PM. Both parties are a mess over there right now. Time to turn it over to the monarchy again. Enough of this democracy.
EU hates Cameron right now for not campaigning more actively. Theory floating about a Brexit-lite, which I don't think the EU would go for.

Markets have recovered mostly, save for Cable, but uncertainty still remains. Fatigue will set in into the long weekend, I think we give back some gains after quarter end flows go through today.

The only thing is, they voted based on a guy who was spouting off utter nonsense. Literally lies. Scotland, NI and London, all voted overwhelminly against. And look what has happened already.

Lemme ask you - what do you think is going to be the long tern benefit of the UK leaving the EU? Other than getting their power sucking vacuum cleaners back.
Cameron should stay on and figure out a way to stop it. They'd be much better off.
i love how you can speak for millions of Brits who disagree with you. They'd probably be "much better off" without you harping on their decision :mad:

If Boris had stayed in the race and won and Trumo won we'd have two dumb blondes heading two of the most powerful nations on earth. Ah, the jokes we've lost!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT