ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlyn Jenner

Caitlyn is getting the ESPY for courage? I'm looking forward to all of the macho, elite athletes giving her a fake standing O.

Don't know about courage...........but still must have a set of balls to stand up in front of all those people and talk with that masculine voice.

Reactions: Greg Woodward
Be ashamed of yourself.

I forgot a filthy rich, healthy old man with more money than he knows what to do with is more courageous for spending some of his excess cash to turn himself into something he wasn't meant to be when birthed. Totally more courageous than athletes overcoming cancer or dealing with brain tumors to compete. Please. More courageous than the girl who played with an inoperable tumor and died? Come on. FOH.

#Ratings
#ItsAllAboutMoney

Bruce Jenner can be whatever he wants. I don't care. But don't try to sell me that he's more courageous than regular people with real-life problems. Like death at 19. Total bullsh*t.

Last edited:
I forgot a filthy rich, healthy old man with more money than he knows what to do with is more courageous for spending some of his excess cash to turn himself into something he wasn't meant to be when birthed. Totally more courageous than athletes overcoming cancer or dealing with brain tumors to compete. Please. More courageous than the girl who played with an inoperable tumor and died? Come on. FOH.

#Ratings
#ItsAllAboutMoney

Bruce Jenner can be whatever he wants. I don't care. But don't try to sell me that he's more courageous than regular people with real-life problems. Like death at 19. Total bullsh*t.
You called him "that thing". That's literally dehumanizing. Get your act together, pal.

It wasn't a "most courageous" award. And if it was, it would be possible to award to anyone. Courage has many meanings, can manifest itself in different ways and impact people in wildly different ways. Much courage goes unnoticed and untelevised.

Why is it so wrong to have an opposite viewpoint that isn't lock step with what the liberal politically correct media is pushing on you? Sick of this nonsense where you're somehow a terrible person because you're not praising this bullshit.

Reactions: gldendog
I don't find anything Caitlyn has done to be courageous given the fact that it is totally self serving from someone whos family has whored themselves out more than basically anyone in history to the tune of a half billion dollar fortune (excluding Kanye).

Plenty of transgenders in Hollywood these says that are infinitely more courageous if the community needs a role model.

Literally ANY asshole with that sort of disposable income could do what he is doing - if they wanted. How is it "courageous"? He's doing what makes himself happy and is continuing the family line of attention whoring by taking it to all new levels.

It's one thing to dislike him. It's one thing to question his motives, though I find it highly unlikely that he's faking it. Its an entirely different act to dehumanize someone by calling them that thing. You need to recognize that in doing so you were wrong. A poster came on here and gave a very honest and heart warming account of their own struggle with a similar situation and you come on here with that bullsh*t.

Just log off the internet, go pat yourself on the back for a few days for being the self-proclaimed "world's most intuitive gambler" and leave classes of misunderstood people alone.

Mpwalsh, missed your post back in June but read the entire thing last night. Thanks for sharing your story, you and your wife seem like amazing parents and your child is lucky to have you.

I won't act like I'm knowledgeable about the subject because I have zero real life experience but I have read up a bit on the subject. I'm a fan of a band called Against Me, a punk band with a pretty diehard following. Their lead singer is named Laura Jane Grace (born as Tom Gabel), announced as transgender a few years ago. She has written pretty extensively on the topic both in print and lyrically in recent albums concerning some of her personal struggles. I don't know that it would be helpful at all to your child but please feel free to pass along the info if you think it might be something of interest or relatable in some way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Jane_Grace

I'm a fan of a band called Against Me, a punk band with a pretty diehard following. Their lead singer is named Laura Jane Grace (born as Tom Gabel), announced as transgender a few years ago.

Marc Maron did a great interview with her on his podcast recently. I suggest checking it out.

I have no problem whatsoever with what Bruce/Caitlin did. Do whatever the hell makes you happy as far as I'm concerned.

my problem is more of the people that say that she looks amazing, stunning, etc. No, she looks like a 65 year old man who became a woman. lets be honest.

Since when is it courageous for doing what you want to do to make yourself happy? He's certainly not doing it for anyone else. THAT is courage. THAT is selfless. He's doing it for HIM. And that's fine but spare me the emotional stuff.

Good post. I agree that it takes guts - I won't even let a toll booth cashier catch me listening to Journey. I can't imagine the sneers and abuse transgender people must encounter.

Fat Phil, are you one of those people who doesn't have EZ Pass? I always wondered who those people were.

P.S. mpwalsh, great post, thank you for sharing your experience. This is my first time seeing this thread. Outstanding!

Don't know about courage...........but still must have a set of balls to stand up in front of all those people and talk with that masculine voice.
The lawn Mexicans were probably in stitches when they heard this one.

Fat Phil, are you one of those people who doesn't have EZ Pass? I always wondered who those people were.

P.S. mpwalsh, great post, thank you for sharing your experience. This is my first time seeing this thread. Outstanding!

You're goddamned right I am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT