ADVERTISEMENT

Cecil the Lion remembered

Adding him to my list of people I expect will kill again:

1. Matthew Broderick
  2. George Zimmerman
  3. Walter Palmer

Lobsters aren't cute, get with the program! Did you see the last picture of Cecil. So sympathetic. I wish Mr. Palmer was this sympathetic. Cecil has taught me how to love (again)
Cecil-and-lioness_3390402b.jpg
!
Yup, lions are super cute.

eh6j1626.jpg

Really posting that on here? The source of the Gretchen in Hell twitter account and comment bombing of 10 year old article on a south philly news site. Not to mention your 15 thousands posts on an inet message board and the fact that for a solid period 90% of them were directed towards TJC. I think we are all living in a glass house if that's the stance you are trying to take on this issue.

1) I am not the source of that Twitter account (although whoever did create it is a comedic genius)
2) I also had absolutely no involvement with that South Philly Review article
3) As for my number of posts, I have been a member of this newsgroup for over 10 years and have no "alts." Quite a few others have posted in the 30,000-40,000 range
4) How is posting on this newsgroup the same as taking the time to purchase a stuffed animal or make a sign by hand, locate the man's dental office, and place the object there to publicly shame him? Yeah, that's exactly the same thing.

How is posting on this newsgroup the same as taking the time to purchase a stuffed animal or make a sign by hand, locate the man's dental office, and place the object there to publicly shame him? Yeah, that's exactly the same thing.
You also noted creating a yelp account and leaving a review originally... and I wasn't suggesting that was all you, was more a collective comment with a few specifics. Some people post on inet message boards, some people may drop by the local dentist office with a stuffed animal. Is 4.6 truly the place to judge time wasting behavior? Judge not lest ye be judged.. or something like that.

The dentist is a douche bag but that doesn't mean people should be out to destroy his life. You guys don't see how that seems to miss the mark here? Let's use it as a teaching moment, not the opportunity to destroy someone.

I hear you - everyone deserves a second chance and i think that truly applies to anybody. I think these people don't care about destroying his life - they care about saying something comedic.

The fact that the victim wasn't a human makes it so that people are upset, but still able to make jokes about it. Bad situation for the dentist, who I'm sure isn't the worst guy - but maybe this changes the way he goes about things. I'm sure he'll be more than fine a year from now.

You also noted creating a yelp account and leaving a review originally... and I wasn't suggesting that was all you, was more a collective comment with a few specifics. Some people post on inet message boards, some people may drop by the local dentist office with a stuffed animal. Is 4.6 truly the place to judge time wasting behavior? Judge not lest ye be judged.. or something like that.
Not following you about the Yelp account. I have never done that either. I am too lazy to create an alt let alone a fake account on some other website. Requires too much effort.

Not disagreeing that posting on this newsgroup is a huge timewaster. I just think that anyone who takes the time to physically go to this guy's dental office to leave a stuffed animal or tape a sign to his door is batshit crazy.

Love how people get bent out of shape over an animal in Africa and shrug their shoulder at the tens of thousands of murder victims a day globally.

Wouldn't you say most of the same people upset about Cecil are the ones who play the anti-gun trope? Not getting into that but a lot of overlap between those groups i'd bet.

(P.s. I'm not saying anti-gun means anti-murder cause that will change the topic of this thread - i'm saying the groups are similar - mostly liberals)

Dude killed a bear in Wisconsin & lied about it & was found guilty & paid fine & put in hunting prohibition. What's that?

Shelled out over $100K, to employee for sexual harassment.

I'm pro-gun & hunting, but F this dude.

Because Cats are people too? WTF are we talking about here? Clearly it's me as I don't get it. Make sure none of you ever eat a lobster. They are boiled alive. Isn't that just as bad?

What's lobster?

The guy seems like an arrogant ass but it doesn't make a lot of sense getting too worked up over 1 animal unless it is a threatened species. Habitat destruction is the biggest problem facing wildlife. It seems like bandwagon outrage by people who probably aren't particularly concerned about wildlife. That makes me think it is another animal rights cause rather than an environmental one. I care about wildlife and the environment but have no problem with hunting (and using) animals when it is done in an environmentally sound way.

In short, I don't know enough about this situation to muster outrage or approval.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
really, more than anything, it just shows you how god damn stupid people are

ADP feigning surprise that people would be outraged is as silly as those feigning outrage. You do know there are many advocacy organizations dedicated to animal rights/preservation/conservancy in this country and globally? Or have you never heard of that cause before?

This isn't something I myself am "worked up over," certainly think its pretty despicable way to go about killing an endangered animal, but the whole Joe Merc feigned ignorance act you have going is kind of silly. As is playing the "rich man can't catch a break card." Celebrities have been some of the most vocal on this cause. You think jimmy kimmel is jealous of dudes 50k hunting trip?

No but I think he is pandering to the masses. He probably learned it from Jon Stewart.

The guy killed an apex predator with a bow and arrow. That's more than a little badass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT