ADVERTISEMENT

Cecil the Lion remembered

Agreed, AF. I've never understood hunting animals. It's not a fair fight so it sure doesn't prove your some kind of stud. I could support hand-to-hand combat between men & beasts so the animal at least has a chance.

You should be the first to volunteer. Go for it.

Naturally I have a buddy who does thsee hunts. Always seemed a but weird to me. To each their own. People actually give a shit he killed a lion. He's gutless but who cares or is this one of those moments where we all get to feign outrage. Guess we moved past colin cowherd. Next qeek, shark hunters.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
"Trophy Hunter". This douche pays guides to set up these kills where the animal doesn't even have a chance. The same douche that makes all his money by lying to you about your teeth to subsidize this "hunting" venture to compensate for his nonexistent penis.

Naturally I have a buddy who does thsee hunts. Always seemed a but weird to me. To each their own. People actually give a shit he killed a lion. He's gutless but who cares or is this one of those moments where we all get to feign outrage. Guess we moved past colin cowherd. Next qeek, shark hunters.
Yeah its weird... some people aren't into the whole hunting endangered species for trophy thing. We call them pus@ies. Then they use this whole internet schit to be vocal about it.. so strange. Never seen it happen before.

Anyway.... Headliners for the Surf Club reunion next week? Some trophy hunting of a different sort bro
MV5BMTcxMDQ1MjUxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzAwNTA5._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

About the only thing dumber than hunting/killing a defenseless animal is ND's app idea from the other thread.

I love it when I hear a story about a hunting expedition gone bad, where the animal mauls the hunter. Good for the animal.

Yeah its weird... some people aren't into the whole hunting endangered species for trophy thing. We call them pus@ies. Then they use this whole internet schit to be vocal about it.. so strange. Never seen it happen before.

Anyway.... Headliners for the Surf Club reunion next week? Some trophy hunting of a different sort bro
MV5BMTcxMDQ1MjUxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzAwNTA5._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg
Can I get a sense for the appropriate level of outrage?

Just read the details on this situation. Ridiculous the level of outrage to destroy this guy's life. People are hating because he paid that much money to go hunt. It's the money and what it represents that causes the outrage. If this guy spent $540 people might be outraged but the story dies. I'm not defending sport hunting or whatever it is. I don't know enough about it. I do know people who do it and find it a bit excessive but I go to an island and play blackjack. Either way, these people are paying to do something legally. If the local guides taking all this money screw it up that's on them. I can't believe people are this outraged over killing a freaking lion. #catslivesmatter, are you kidding.

I'd actually like to ask him how many patients he sees or what kind of dental work he does to have such disposable income

Couldn't care less what the guy "paid." Blackjack? Irrelevant.

What's pathetic is every idiot republican in the country comparing the lion to abortion, and spouting off: "Oh, but thousands of babies are murdered every day with their dead body parts being sold for profit - where's the outrage against Planned Parenthood?"

Couldn't care less what the guy "paid." Blackjack? Irrelevant.

What's pathetic is every idiot republican in the country comparing the lion to abortion, and spouting off: "Oh, but thousands of babies are murdered every day with their dead body parts being sold for profit - where's the outrage against Planned Parenthood?"
Is every Republican in the country really doing that? No, they are not. The people who are would be just as bad as those being outraged. catslivematter? Seriously. The outrage is stupid. If people are that upset they need to get a job or a hobby.

ADP feigning surprise that people would be outraged is as silly as those feigning outrage. You do know there are many advocacy organizations dedicated to animal rights/preservation/conservancy in this country and globally? Or have you never heard of that cause before?

This isn't something I myself am "worked up over," certainly think its pretty despicable way to go about killing an endangered animal, but the whole Joe Merc feigned ignorance act you have going is kind of silly. As is playing the "rich man can't catch a break card." Celebrities have been some of the most vocal on this cause. You think jimmy kimmel is jealous of dudes 50k hunting trip?

No, you are misunderstood, I'm not surprised. This is the new normal. I'm making fun of these people. You really care that some lion half the world away wad killed by some douche hunter. Seriously, like we don't have real issues here. It's mis-placed faux outrage. The same people are fine with planned parenthood and what they are doing here in the us with taxpayer money, an isue I have not gotten into, are outragd over killing A lion on a hunt half a world away. What a messed ul value system. Regardless of your pro life position. We're idiots as a people

Last edited:
Celebrities...liberals. shocking. Can't wait for Ben afflicts statement once he gets off his latest bender.

Just read the details on this situation. Ridiculous the level of outrage to destroy this guy's life. People are hating because he paid that much money to go hunt. It's the money and what it represents that causes the outrage. If this guy spent $540 people might be outraged but the story dies. I'm not defending sport hunting or whatever it is. I don't know enough about it. I do know people who do it and find it a bit excessive but I go to an island and play blackjack. Either way, these people are paying to do something legally. If the local guides taking all this money screw it up that's on them. I can't believe people are this outraged over killing a freaking lion. #catslivesmatter, are you kidding.

Has nothing to do with the money.

They lured the damn thing off protected property, put a spotlight on it (aka target), and let the guy shoot the thing. They then tracked the wounded animal for 40 hours, found it, then chopped its head off and skinned it. Oh, and noticed that it was a GPS tracked animal, and tried to destroy the evidence.

More importantly, its name was Cecil. That's what really got people going.

Aren't you supposed to hunt and track the thing? Isn't that part of the "sport". We're still talking about a lion right? People do worse stuff to actual humans and we have less outrage. I don't get it. Seems mis-placed to me and the money it costs goes right into the populist rage. Thats why it's listed how much the guy paid. Don't kid yourself.

I love the Trump family angle on this story.

The Donald is the king of free press!

No, you are misunderstood, I'm not surprised. This is the new normal. I'm making fun of these people. You really care that some lion half the world away wad killed by some douche hunter. Seriously, like we don't have real issues here. It's mis-placed faux outrage. The same people are fine with planned parenthood and what they are doing here in the us with taxpayer money, an isue I have not gotten into, are outragd over killing A lion on a hunt half a world away. What a messed ul value system. Regardless of your pro life position. We're idiots as a people
The planned parenthood stuff has been in the news everyday for weeks now. From 6:45 to 7:30 last night I received 5 news alerts related to the controversy.. from the website being hacked to their letter to NIH to Cruz's threat about the Sept 30th spending bill. Your faux outrage about the outrage is misplaced. Its not an either or proposition. Cecil the Lion hasn't pushed Planned Parenthood out of the news... it will be done by tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT