ADVERTISEMENT

Copa America

How did the USA win the division if they had the same record as Colombia but lost head to head?

Are our fans doing that "I believe we are going to win" chant? So gay.

Can't we just call this the Cup of the Americas or something? Why do we have to always speak another language when talking about soccer? Or is it a trademark thing with the sail boat race?

Can't we just call this the Cup of the Americas or something? Why do we have to always speak another language when talking about soccer? Or is it a trademark thing with the sail boat race?

Because it's not a tournament for us. We're guests in a South American tournament

No, but the one in California is called the Tour of California because the word "de" doesn't exist in English.

Ok, so you agree that you're speaking another language when you say "de", just as you are complaining about here in this soccer thread? Or are you going to start moving the goalposts now that you got trapped?

Reactions: kjbert
I'm not moving the goalposts. I agree "Copa" and "de" are words in other languages. I'm wondering why a soccer tournament in Boston uses a word from another language, that's all. The World Cup isn't called the Coppa de Globo.

I have been following. Really looking forward to the knockout stage.

It was deflating after that first game against Colombia, but I like what I saw the past couple of games. Not sure what the Yedlin suspension does. Hoping it is just one game and they are able to move past equador. What a stupid yellow card by Yedlin.

Copa bump. Any good ties lately?

openwide.jpg

Knockout stage is set, with 2 CONCACAF teams (USA and Mexico) winning groups and making it through. FIFA world ranking in parentheses:

USA (31) vs. Ecuador (13) on Thursday, 9:30pm.
Peru (48) vs. Colombia (3) on Friday, 8pm.
Argentina (1) vs. Venezuela (77) on Saturday, 7pm.
Mexico (16) vs. Chile (5) also on Saturday, 10pm.

Winner of USA-Ecuador will play winner of Argentina-Venzuela.

dunga got fired. brazil was shit

would expect the mexico/chile winner to face argentina in the final

the jesus corona near-goal and ensuing goal the other night were pretty impressive. hell of a name

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT