ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Uncle Joe entering the race declaring as a one-term President?

adp98

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2005
Runs to unite Washington, working with the GOP as he has done his entire career. This would be awesome if he gets in. Will be interesting watching the Clinton machine try to destroy sympathetic, crazy uncle Joe at each and every turn. All while acting as if they love the guy. I can only imagine the threatening phone calls that have been sent to every democrat money person not committed to team Clinton.
NBN, get your popcorn ready.

Reactions: kjbert
While he is crazy, has he done anything noteworthy policywise while being the VP? Cheney certainly did, and al gore did.

He negotiated the budget deal and ended the government shutdown. Crazy Uncle Joe has been misused by Obama. He should have been working the Hill the entire time as he's a guy with relationships and trust on both sides of the aisle. Obama was too dumb to understand this because he doesn't invest in relationships. Not Biden's fault.

Spot on adp, for a guy who came from the senate, Obama really had zero interest in forging a relationship with congressional leadership of both parties.

Having a President, any President who is 77-years old, as Joe would be for the final few months of a one-term presidency, seems like a terrible idea.

Speaking of which, the 35-year age floor is absurd and someone should offer an amendment to eliminate it.

Since Joe has been in DC since I was playing little league baseball, he satisfies the 18 year minimum for understanding how DC works.

Reactions: kjbert and bgranc02
I have been saying it for years and I feel even stronger then ever that Hillary will not get the nomination. Her time was 2008-for a female she is too old now in my opinion. She's also running not to lose and it's being reflected in the polls-not to mentions all the scandals. The democratic nominee will be either Biden or O'Malley. The average American knows Bernie is wacked out of his mind.

Further, Obama wants Biden to win because it extends HIS legacy. If Hillary wins it extends Bill Clinton's legacy. That's exactly what Barry doesn't want.

Having a President, any President who is 77-years old, as Joe would be for the final few months of a one-term presidency, seems like a terrible idea.

Speaking of which, the 35-year age floor is absurd and someone should offer an amendment to eliminate it.

Is there honestly anyone out there under age 35 that you feel is ready to be president now?

Any moment HRC can impload. This little e-mail issue isn't going away. Biden to the rescue?

It seems that any discussion of his tendency to act like a fool is now off-limits since his son passed away. No one wants to cross that line. Can't imagine anyone taking him seriously if that didn't happen.

Just off the top of my head:
-Saying "This is a big f-cking DEAL!!" within range of the open mic as Obamacare was about to be signed into law. Obama's reaction was priceless.
-Saying that Obama is "the first bright and articulate and clean" black person to run for President
-Asking a wheelchair bound supporter to stand up at a campaign event
-Saying that you can't go into a 7-Eleven or Dunkin Donuts in Delaware and not find an Indian behind the counter
-Giving the wife of the new Secretary of Defense a shoulder rub and whispering sweet nothings into her ear in full view of the camera as her husband is introduced

He seems like a decent guy, but he is the king of unintentional comedy. He is entertaining if nothing else.

Last edited:
It seems that any discussion of his tendency to act like a fool is now off-limits since his son passed away. No one wants to cross that line. Can't imagine anyone taking him seriously if that didn't happen.

Just off the top of my head:
-Saying "This is a big f-cking DEAL!!" within range of the open mic as Obamacare was about to be signed into law. Obama's reaction was priceless.
-Saying that Obama is "the first bright and articulate and clean" black person to run for President
-Asking a wheelchair bound supporter to stand up at a campaign event
-Saying that you can't go into a 7-Eleven or Dunkin Donuts in Delaware and not find an Indian behind the counter
-Giving the wife of the new Secretary of Defense a shoulder rub and whispering sweet nothings into her ear in full view of the camera as her husband is introduced

He seems like a decent guy, but he is the king of unintentional comedy. He is entertaining if nothing else.
Tump Biden '16

When is Cory Booker gonna run and refill this nation's HOPE tank?
Corey is a double threat so he has a good shot:

th

How come no one ever questions his hair plugs? Dude looked like George Costanza in the 80s.

The democratic nominee will be either Biden or O'Malley. The average American knows Bernie is wacked out of his mind.

As a Republican, if O'Malley was somehow the Democratic nominee, that would be gold. He's basically a younger, one-arm push-up tough-guy version of Mondale. He was too left for Maryland, and saw his No. 2 soundly beaten by a Republican in one of the most left leaning states in the country. Would get trounced.

I agree Hillary is vulnerable as well on Bengazhi, emails and other things, but would be favored. Biden seems like the only other viable Dem candidate, despite his drawbacks. Warren too would ultimately scare too many people I think (hope).

Hillary will not be President. She's just unlikeable and she's a terrible candidate. (ducking as I say this) I think she would actually make a better President than a candidate. But she will be eaten up in this primary and a general against a good Republican.

I would love to see Biden get in. And I actually think he could win.

Rumors are that there is a major push to get Al Gore in the race. I think he beats Clinton in a primary.

At the end of the day, I just don't see scenario where Jeb Bush isn't the President in 2017. and I am OK with that.

Hillary will not be President. She's just unlikeable and she's a terrible candidate. (ducking as I say this) I think she would actually make a better President than a candidate. But she will be eaten up in this primary and a general against a good Republican.

I would love to see Biden get in. And I actually think he could win.

Rumors are that there is a major push to get Al Gore in the race. I think he beats Clinton in a primary.

At the end of the day, I just don't see scenario where Jeb Bush isn't the President in 2017. and I am OK with that.

I am sorry to report that DT has thrashed your party so badly that the Dems could run a ticket of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and still win handily...your base has been decimated to angry balding fat old white men who still believe much like yourself that that is enough of an electorate to win.

I am sorry to report that DT has thrashed your party so badly that the Dems could run a ticket of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck and still win handily...your base has been decimated to angry balding fat old white men who still believe much like yourself that that is enough of an electorate to win.
So in other words lose in a landslide?

How would the democratic nominee combat a republican candidate who speaks Spanish fluently?

probably with a quack quack.... honestly though just look at the history, the Repubs have not won a legitimate plurality in the popular vote in a national election since 1988!.. GWB did not win the popular vote in 1980 <and probably did not rightfully win the election but that is another matter> and he did win the popular vote in 2004 but that was only because of a trumped up war playing on the fears of a scared nation...I do not consider that to be a legitimate mandate...and yet the party still obviously doesn't get the fact that you can't win with just white men and ignore the issues that other factions of the nation are concerned about.

probably with a quack quack.... honestly though just look at the history, the Repubs have not won a legitimate plurality in the popular vote in a national election since 1988!.. GWB did not win the popular vote in 1980 <and probably did not rightfully win the election but that is another matter> and he did win the popular vote in 2004 but that was only because of a trumped up war playing on the fears of a scared nation...I do not consider that to be a legitimate mandate...and yet the party still obviously doesn't get the fact that you can't win with just white men and ignore the issues that other factions of the nation are concerned about.
Did Clinton have a "legitimate mandate"? Both times he won, he had less than 50% of the vote.

good point...I would say the 1992 vote might be questionable though he still beat Bush handily....hard to say how many Dem votes that Perot siphoned off too although there again the majority were probably angry white republican voters, but the 1996 vote I believe if you were to add the raw vote for Dole and Perot together Clinton still wins the popular vote ....

Way too early still for this stuff. I agree that Hillary feels like a hard pill to swallow, but then I look at the entire republican field and completely choke. If America votes a third Bush in, I'll lose my mind. Btw adp, this email stuff is completely over blown...The media just has nothing else to talk about as far as she goes and they need a story.

I disagree. I like the fact that there is still a qualifying age milestone for me to hit. After 35, I have to wait until whatever the Social Security date will be by the time I reach it.

You obviously don't know how I've voted in years past if you think the Republicans are "my party"

Trump is an idiot. Looking at the polls, Trump/Carson have 35% of the polling figures right now.

That tells me it's early. Bush has a ~$500 Million war chest already.

Biden has no chance. Fair or not, he has a Dan Quayle appeal about him that makes him an unrealistic candidate to win it all.

Hillary or Trump.

Kasich is going to make a move (don't be surprised if he gets some serious local support in new hampshire to pull him up a bit), and bernie sanders will be entertaining.

Huckabee is my pick, because he is so awesome, but let's be real here. Guys like jeb and Christie and Carson are never going to gain any real traction.

Anyway, I've avoided national politics for years. One week back east and I'm all caught up. I haven't missed much. Time to go back to worrying lava flows and and meth addicts breaking into cars.

You obviously don't know how I've voted in years past if you think the Republicans are "my party"

Trump is an idiot. Looking at the polls, Trump/Carson have 35% of the polling figures right now.

That tells me it's early. Bush has a ~$500 Million war chest already.

Money is vastly overrated at the presidential level..whomever is nominated will surely be sufficiently bankrolled by their respective party..where money buys power is at the state level and is the reason the republicans control the House and Govs and have hence gerrymandered any hopes of the dems to take back control of the house for another 5 years....

Biden has no chance. Fair or not, he has a Dan Quayle appeal about him that makes him an unrealistic candidate to win it all.

Hillary or Trump.

Kasich is going to make a move (don't be surprised if he gets some serious local support in new hampshire to pull him up a bit), and bernie sanders will be entertaining.

Huckabee is my pick, because he is so awesome, but let's be real here. Guys like jeb and Christie and Carson are never going to gain any real traction.

Anyway, I've avoided national politics for years. One week back east and I'm all caught up. I haven't missed much. Time to go back to worrying lava flows and and meth addicts breaking into cars.

Huckabee has zero chance..there is not one blue or purple state he has any chance of turning red....the Dems unfortunately have control of the electoral college...and until the repubs wake up to that fact and adjust their thinking... the dems will control the executive branch...

Better go back to paradise and lose yourself in Hawaiian wacky weed..god I used to love that stuff in college.

Last edited:
Balding, old, fat and white probably pretty closely describes you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT