ADVERTISEMENT

Deflate-gate

Penalty should be that the Pats must use completely deflated balls...........and they should lose all the wins during Belechik's tenure........
roll.r191677.gif

The Patriot Way. The Patriots make Ohio State look like Mother Teresa. Somewhere Aaron Hernandez is smiling.

Originally posted by CWertz:

Originally posted by AvalonFal:

If underinflated footballs are that much easier to throw and catch, why not make that lesser psi the new standard so there's less bad throws and less dropped catches??
wink.r191677.gif
What are dropped catches?
Thanks for catching this, I should have said dropped "passes". Good eye. Now I can understand why you have 17,500++ posts.

Is Mainliner really comparing these deflated balls to sanduskies deflated balls? Sick Penn state fan.

Anyway, are people still talking about this?

The refs didn't notice the balls deflated and they touch it between every down. Such a non-issue for the jets fans to latch on to.

Haven't heard one thing about deflate-gate on my local radio station. They are still ripping bill Cosby (Cosby, the she just said no man (rudolph the red nose reindeer parody) still gets some play. And some guy named BJ Penn that gdog probably knows beat up some other guy at a bar. Lots of Marcus Mariota talk. But nothing about deflate-gate.

If underinflated footballs are that much easier to throw and catch, why not make that lesser psi the new standard so there's less bad throws and less dropped catches??
wink.r191677.gif
Thanks for catching this, I should have said dropped "passes". Good eye. Now I can understand why you have 17,500++ posts.
Good point but you are probably on your third or fourth "alt", I am an original.
wink.r191677.gif

Baltimore alerted Indianapolis that the Patriots might be doing that and to watch out for it. Indianapolis alerted the refs who said they were going to check at halftime.. I guess they gave the Patriots 1/2 to cheat so they can catch them.

wink.r191677.gif
Good point but you are probably on your third or fourth "alt", I am an original.
wink.r191677.gif
Oh no, not another "alt" obsessed poster. Who do you think I am, or was?? This "alt" obsession thing on this site is odd, but amusing.

Originally posted by nardibynature123:
Looks like Brady has been getting some tough questions.
Was nice of his coach to throw him under the bus.

Deflate gate is a marketing scheme by the NFL to basically make people pay attention to what would have been 2 weeks of no stories and no one caring about the Super Bowl.

The last time I remember a Super Bowl having two teams this boring was when it was Pittsburgh vs Seatle a few years back.

Again, no one would have cared, now they care about it. The investigation I am sure will carry on until the Super Bowl too.

Originally posted by Lowry45:
Deflate gate is a marketing scheme by the NFL to basically make people pay attention to what would have been 2 weeks of no stories and no one caring about the Super Bowl.

The last time I remember a Super Bowl having two teams this boring was when it was Pittsburgh vs Seatle a few years back.

Again, no one would have cared, now they care about it. The investigation I am sure will carry on until the Super Bowl too.
you're an idiot if you think there would be "no stories" for the game

the game will break records, again. last year's game was never close and it was the most watched program in US Television history.

Originally posted by bmoneynova:

Originally posted by Lowry45:

you're an idiot if you think there would be "no stories" for the game

the game will break records, again. last year's game was never close and it was the most watched program in US Television history.
People are going to watch the Super Bowl because its the Super Bowl, I am saying there would be little to hype for this game to alot of people. I have to say even as a sports fan this game does not get me excited one bit.

Please tell me one good non deflating ball story line that you can talk about for 2 weeks?

Is Russel Wilson elite? Come on we have heard that one before, no one gives a crap.

The Patriots cheated 5 years ago? Again who cares we have heard that before.

Tom Brady and Bill Belecheck are mean? Outside of NY/NJ no one cares about that one either.

For two weeks there is absolutely no story, especially for anyone who is not an avid NFL person.

Please tell me a half way decent story line for this Super Bowl? Anything?

Outside of the football deflating, I cant imagine a less interesting Super Bowl.

This post was edited on 1/23 12:46 PM by Lowry45

you said "no one will care". this game, in all likelihood, will become the most watched TV program in US history.

how can you possibly say that "no one will care?"

this isn't some mid-October game.

Originally posted by bmoneynova:
you said "no one will care". this game, in all likelihood, will become the most watched TV program in US history.

how can you possibly say that "no one will care?"

this isn't some mid-October game.
B Money I am referring to all the pregame hype of the game, there would be little to none. Again people will watch because its the Super Bowl but if you talk to most people they could care less about it which hurts the ESPN and NFL Network of the world who have about 1000 shows to talk about the game. Not to mention the countless radio shows and crap.

Two weeks is a long time, you need stuff to talk about to keep people interested in the game.

As I said this Super Bowl is not interesting, tell me one good story line?

People will watch because they like to eat junk food, see funny beer commercials and watch Katy Perry friends dance all over the stage or they cheer for their squares. Outside of that for most people this game has little meaning. Of course besides Seattle fans, Patriots fans, and all the NY fans who just like to bitch about Brady.

This post was edited on 1/23 12:53 PM by Lowry45

This game was always going to do well regardless of who played in it. The NFL is a ratings juggernaut right now. Look at the numbers the draft did. Broke records. It doesn't matter what teams were in. Deflate game will take it to another level

The game has enormous importance due to possible achievements for both teams:

-Brady going for 4th ring to tie Montana and Bradshaw
-Seahawks going for two straight rings, not done since Patriots '03-'04
-Seattle can tie the Colts, Dolphins and Broncos with 2 rings; they would also be surpassing the Rams, Chiefs, Bears, Jets, Buccaneers and Saints (1 each)
-New England can tie the Giants and Packers with 4 rings; they would also be surpassing the Redskins and Raiders (3 each)
-By winning, New England would reach .500 in Super Bowl W/L %
-New England can avoid being tied with Denver with the most Super Bowl losses (5)

Not one of those stories is something you could talk about for two weeks on sports radio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT