ADVERTISEMENT

Eagles - LOL

Karma is real. Eagles F'd themselves when they cut Tebow, after he earned spot on team. Pretty much every fan I talk w/ is perplexed why he was not selected.
Then why did the Pats go to the AFC Championship game after they cut him? Why did the Broncos win their division after trading Tebow when they signed Manning? Why was there no good karma for the Jets after they signed him? Why have other teams not been smote by bad karma for not signing him after his stellar preseason where he missed on two 2 point conversions (the reason most people said the Eagles signed him in the first place)?

The Eagles have proven to be the flawed team that a lot of people were saying they were before some entertaining pre-season wins. It pains me to say it, but it's looking like Herm Edwards was right.

I'm still waiting to hear why karma hasn't hit the Broncos. They did Tebow a worse disservice that the Eagles ever did. All Tebow did was win games for them, and they traded him to the Jets.

If the blowout in the Super Bowl is the only cosmic retribution, I think most teams would be lining up to mis-treat Tebow.

If you want to argue about the Eagles having a black cloud hovering over The Eagles since 1960, fine. But cutting one third string QB was not the cause of this years problems.

Last edited:
Kelly made a lot of high-risk, high-reward potential moves. The Bradford deal, Shady deal and signing Murray and Matthews fit that description. The Mathis cut and Boykin trade were in a sense the same (betting on culture) but in a sense just dumb. My view was that there was and is more upside in most of these, but the chances of Kelly getting fired, ducking back to a college job and leaving the Eagles a smoldering ruin went up substantially at the same time, to about 60% this offseason, than before he fully took over player personnel decisions.

Sure there's time to turn it around especially in the NFC East, but the "smoldering ruin" odds have definitely ticked up already, probably 70% now.

I was ok with the Bradford move in the end in that I thought Kelly was right that the Eagles weren't going to win a Super Bowl with Foles (maybe he could get a dome or warm weather team to win with home field advantage, otherwise no way). High price to pay, but if really thinks Bradford just needed a change of scenery, fine. So far, Bradford looks like he still has many of the same problems he did before. Remember when we all thought we were taking Bradford's salary and getting a 2nd rd pick in return, not the other way around? Along with the injuries, this is why.

I think folks are over-reacting. Take a look at their schedule, Birds could be 4-2 and we'll all forget about this. Obviously they need to sure up the line and Bradford needs to play better. However, these things can be fixed. I'm a Chip apologist as I think he's brilliant. As Burrs would say, let it play out.

I'm level headed but what have you seen that instills confidence that this is a playoff team? They look awful.

Chip has to beat the Jets or this city is gonna come down on his damn head.

There's cause for concern. The Mathis move is killing this offense right now. And the Boykin trade is rearing its ugly head because it created a hole where there wasn't one. Oh and Eric Rowe can't get on the field. That doesn't help either. He's keeping Marcus Smith cozy on the bench.

Win next wk. Or else.

Oh and they're asking Maxwell to play a scheme that in way caters to his abilities. Sign a guy who does one thing well - play physical and jam WRs. Then ask him to do the exact opposite.

How can the Jets-Eagles line be pick-em? One team has an inept offense (so far) and the other has a dominant defense (so far). That line is telling me something, unfortunately it is telling me something in hieroglyphics that is undecipherable.

Because Vegas does not over-react like fans.

An angle I know is that when a team wins a MNF game on the road, they usually don't cover the following week. At least that used to be an angle like 10 years ago, not sure if it's still true

Eagles have a good shot to start 0-3/ Jets defense is going to be tough and Fitzpatrick can be a good game manager. He has had success in the league before. I can't wait until Sunday, but this game is going to be tough.

partially torn ACL for Alonso. and down goes the first of the bum knee chip kelly purchases. hopefully kendricks can play this weekend (same with marcus smith) to get some semblance of a linebacker crew in there. but I did like what hicks showed on sunday, so that was a single bright side to the game.

pick-em open sounds about right given where the jets numbers have been to start the season, already seeing it at jets -2.5 now. Decker status could be a factor... he gives the jets a favorable match-up versus most teams with Marshall drawing the #1. As a Jets fan its great seeing how a competent front office was able to not only add NFL caliber offensive talent (for the first time in 3 years), but also turn a huge hole into a position of strength this season with the defensive secondary.

the Colts roster IS terrible outside of a handful of guys
and it sounds like pagano agrees with his not so thinly veiled shot at the gm about the sieve of an oline they have had to deal with now for a few years

Right now it looks bad for the Eagles. Structurally bad, as in two inept guards that render Kelce a "below" average center and let Peters "not" care, which was always in his makeup. If they can fix the O-line play and Davis can reconnect with the reality of his roster, maybe they still win a crappy division.

If they lose to the Jets, it transitions from "look"ing bad to actually "be"ing bad. In the ebb and flow of NFL, a bounce back W wouldn't be surprising, but now you have to do that without Alonso, Thornton, maybe Kendricks?

For fun, say Bradford doesn't get hurt, and they go 6-10 or 7-9.

If Texas offers, in what world can the ChiPer not go? What would there be to build on if it really is broke?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as they announced the Bradford deal, I was convinced he was going for Mariota. Innes said the same thing yesterday. I'll guess that...

Chip would've paid max price for Mariota, but these other GMs saw him coming a mile away, and asked "beyond" max at every step. If it was supposed to be something like Bradford to Cleveland to accumulate "Chips" to get the Tennessee pick, everybody was asking for the moon at each step. Too much Duck love.

Maybe a "good" Bradford deal was Foles for Bradford + 2nd.

Maybe ChiPer had to pay the Duck "markup" of Foles + 2nd for Bradford.

Maybe a "realistically" gr8 deal was Foles + #20 and some change for Bradford + #10?

Overpay St Louis, then overpay Cleveland, then overpay Titans? There would've been nothing left.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll:poll:: Better tenure in CoP?

Philadelphia Ducks

or

Philadelphia Ride the Duck Boats (3 dead so far).

leno.jpg
Can this be summed up as "their coach is too fat for winning"?

What's your take on the ChiPer, nbn?

Easy for CoPers to lose objectivity.
I don't see his game plan consistently working with the NFL. If he has the horses? Yes/maybe.

NFL is not like college where you just reload, CAP SPACE will hurt the CHiPer, in the long run. I do think he can get them to the playoffs every once in a while, but never a Superbowl Ring. (No one else has either).

Reactions: spg109876ers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT