ADVERTISEMENT

for dmil, kmil, gbrac and the libs, Hillary loses the votes again

its a bummer that there is so much of a shadow system that's been established where politicians and their friends feed at the trough funded by taxpayers. Look at the sham groups that Fattah was funding with millions of $, then you see this article, and I know it happens on both sides of the aisle.

its a bummer that there is so much of a shadow system that's been established where politicians and their friends feed at the trough funded by taxpayers. Look at the sham groups that Fattah was funding with millions of $, then you see this article, and I know it happens on both sides of the aisle.

Somewhere a lobbyist is looking at another girly 'sports' car.

It's a sensible family SUV
I'll take the Clinton Foundation for $1000.

Reactions: Burrs5
Somewhere a bitter ad man is trying to cheat the financial aid system so he can afford to send his kids to college.

$hit is really escalating around here lately.

It must be this f-cking heat. It's making everyone absolutely crazy.

Reactions: Burrs5
Somewhere a bitter ad man is trying to cheat the financial aid system so he can afford to send his kids to college.
round8-thrilla-in-manila-20150925.gif

You never know when a simple lament will trigger a popcorn-worthy moment around here.

I, too, would like to hear more about adp haggling a good price on some jeans. Was this young and hungry adp, who worked around that clock as a staffer, barteder and third shift Capitol Building floor buffer?

Bragged about it when the recession hit. Out shopping with the wife, he sees pants on one table marked down, but the pants he liked (32X26?) were not marked down - so he haggles the people at Macys to give him the marked down price. Probably saved 10 bucks. It was part of a "i have money and no one else can buy anything right now" post around 08.

I have never bought jeans at Macy's in my life. I remember when you were worthy of the back and forth. Damn.

I have no idea what he's talking about. However, as a point of principle, if I'm at a store and the goods are clearly marked for sale or an item is not correctly marked, this is not haggling. This is using common sense as you should get the price as marked. The only person who wouldn't do this is either lazy, enjoys pissing money away or lacking intestinal fortitude in speaking to a retail clerk.

I have no idea what he's talking about. However, as a point of principle, if I'm at a store and the goods are clearly marked for sale or an item is not correctly marked, this is not haggling. This is using common sense as you should get the price as marked. The only person who wouldn't do this is either lazy, enjoys pissing money away or lacking intestinal fortitude in speaking to a retail clerk.

Yup, true story.

Note, this happened to me the other day. I bought a camera card for the lady and the price was marked down $15. When I went to ring it up the sale price didn't come. You can absolutely bet I showed the clerk the sale tag that was still displayed and received the $15 off. Who wouldn't do this..besides soft people?

So you flatly deny doing it, then provide a detailed account of how and why you would have done it?

If_I_Did_It.jpg

The difference between us is clear. DMIL cheats the system and I take principled stands. I can live with this distinction.

I flatly deny buying jeans at Macy's. I"m not poor. Aside from that I don't see DMIL's point other than he's so weak he wouldn't get the discount to which he's entitled.

The difference between us is clear. DMIL cheats the system and I take principled stands. I can live with this distinction.

only thats not at all the distinction. You made up your own facts again. You buy dented soup cans too?

I flatly deny buying jeans at Macy's. I"m not poor. Aside from that I don't see DMIL's point other than he's so weak he wouldn't get the discount to which he's entitled.

Not what you did. The pants you wanted were not marked down. The other table was. So you haggled for the same discount. Hey it was a recession and you had money - why not take advantage.

Did I threaten to write a negative yelp review as well?

adp, did you ticket switch the sale tag?
I don't recall what DMIL is talking about. I would not switch a ticket and then try to haggle a price and I certainly would not be proud of that kind of behavior. That's simply dishonest. If something is marked on sale incorrectly, you can bet I'm going to get that sale price. Who wouldn't? And the store is going to be happy to give it to you because they are still making money.

The facts of the situation aren't really up for debate. So attack the messenger. Got it.

The facts of the situation aren't really up for debate. So attack the messenger. Got it.
It's an opinion piece! By definition, it is debating a point.
What horse do you have in this race? If we flush all those high maintenance ragtag Obamacare needin' Americans out of the system, health insurance companies will have more dough to buy the pharmaceuticals that you're pushing?

My horse is to have the best system. The bill isn't workable and was a massive transfer of weath, waste of money and crushes the middle class. It's an awful bill. My horse is to figure out how to fix it. Frankly, I wish I had better ideas because it's not an easy fix and one that might not even be fixable. The reality is we simply cannot insure everyone because some people simply won't purchase insurance. However, I'm open to ideas. My only point in posting was it's playing out how opponents of the legislation predicted.

Two years ago I remember being in Children's Hospital as my middle kid has surgery. Saw all kinds of parents/kids and my only thought is we should live in a country where people have access to health care. I agree with this view point. The how is the problem and honestly I wish I had better answers.

On that note, you guys all have a great 4th. Be safe and have fun. Drink a Bud heavy and celebrate making American Great Again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT