ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones

Just read an interview with him that says that story's not really true and as far as he's been told he's done on the show.

It's left more open in the book apparently but they told him he's done.

thats actually the opposite of what I've read.

Daenaris was originally with the dothraki guy Khal Drogo (sp?) in first season. Hard to know whether it's good or bad at this point. My gut says it will be ok for her.

Melisandre rolling in right before the Snow stabbing definitely seems to make somewhat likely the possibility he doesn't actually die/he comes back/etc. Definitely the type of show where if you don't see the person dead you have to wonder anyway, this increases those chances. Maybe there was a little blood magic left from the horrible murder of the daughter and she didn't want to waste it on what had become a lost cause with Stannis?

I'm with you in thinking Stannis isn't dead either - no clue what further purpose he can serve though. brienne already gets too much screentime and is just annoying

In the books daenerys literally shit her pants in this season - real shame, would have been great tv

Maybe I should take my advice on the Stannis thing (if you don't actually see him die...). But agree the character seems played out. While apparently remorseful over the daughter killing and fully down and out, he still seems pretty useless at this point. He's lost every battle he's fought on the show and gotten basically everyone who's ever fought for him except Davos killed... who else would want to fight for him? And he's sure to be a gimp if he Brienne can tie the knee off and he survives having what appeared to be every ligament in the back of his knee slashed. Maybe a fight with Jaime?

my thoughts are that Brienne needs Stannis alive to clear her name in the killing of Renly.

These guys will stray from the book, but I'm told Stannis isn't dead at the end of book 5 and that scene with Brienne didn't even happen.

Is it just me or is every kid in this show annoying?

Prince Joffrey was a d bag
Arya is a big whiner
King Tomlin is a big baby
Everyone kid traveling with Bran and including Bran is incredibly annoying
The Prince of the Vail who has Mommy issues
The kid Ollie whom Jon Snow took and promoted turns around and stabs him

As some tweeted last night, I honestly now want to cheer for the White Walkers to wipe everyone out, I actually wouldnt mind if Jon Snow turns into a White Walker and comes back and just kills half the kingdom. Seems like the only group that knows what they are doing.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
There is a theory that the humans are the ones breaching a contract (wildlings organized north of the wall/No Stark in Winterfell, dragons returning) which was made by the White Walkers and the First Men.

This theory thinks:
-The phrase "There must always be a stark in Winterfell" is literal
-One of the first Starks married a White Walker to arrange peace
-Jon will do the same
-Daenerys has actually been the villain this whole time as her presence is felt by WWs
-The contract was inscribed into the wall but has been frozen over so many times that men have forgotten it
-The Citaedel knows this and is the reason why they are so anti-magic
-The Books/Show will end with a new peace and the citaedel aiming to bring the common folk into this world's version of The Enlightenment

Pretty unlikely any of these play out this way but good conversation starters in the off months

My theory is that John Snow worged into Ghost. The Nights Watch is going to burn Ghost, when Ghost is burned he rises from the fire as Jon Snow and blows the minds of everyone at the Wall. Snow then goes straight up to Ollie and just kicks him off the Wall.

Everybody wins.

I have not read the books, so while I have seen all of the Jon Snow theories discussed on line the last few days, I have no sense on how that plays out when the TV show comes back. I am convinced that Stannis is dead. No coming back for him. I think Sansa survives the jump into the snowbank, and I think Cersei is about to regroup and unleash some hell on the Sparrows.

A couple things. The lord of light has been known to raise people from the dead (see the brotherhood without banners, when the hound had the trial by combat in the cave). Also melissandre has a hard on for Jon.

They just had a big ass snow storm in winter fell.

Not all dothraki are the same. They are all warring tribes. Likely this khal is big time enemies of khal drogos.

Any idea who the monster was when Cersei got back home? The large dude in the armor?

Any idea who the monster was when Cersei got back home? The large dude in the armor?
Yeah - it was The Mountain (Ser Gregor, the big dude who crushed Oberyn Martell in Tyrions trial by combat). That maester brought him back to life.

I can't believe how many grown men watch this. Isn't this Dungeons and Dragons shit?

G Dog, I thought the same thing, my brother in law kept telling to watch it and give it a chance.

Might be one of the best shows on television right now to be honest. My wife, who hates that stuff is also really into it as well.

i love GoT but i am looking forward to the series being completed. as each season passes nothing is ever settled or goes anywhere. the first few seasons were great cause certains families and characters stories were settled. in the last two seasons only more questions arise.

Jon Snow will be brought back to life , Stannis is dead. sansa and theon will head for the wall. who knows with Danny. Cersie will unleash hell on kings landing and the sparrows. that will be good.

Like others, I thought the same thing. For the most part the fantasy/dragons/white walkers components are kept to a minimum. It has a solid story line.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT