ADVERTISEMENT

Great article on tankadelphia 76ers

qwe015

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 2, 2009
If you love 2nd round draft picks, then you will love the 76ers

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150215_Expect_more_tank_maneuvers_from_Hinkie.html

tanking rules
This post was edited on 2/14 2:47 PM by qwe015

Originally posted by Sportsboss_ofnothing:
Knicks are tanking harder. FACT!
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Melo doesn't play the last game before AS break. Will play in AS game. Then, will more than likely shut it down the rest of the year. Rather weak.

Any significant FA that attaches their wagon to this guy is making a mistake. Entertaining player to watch, but his style of play isn't conducive to winning. On top of that, he'll be breaking down moving forward. The writing is in the wall.

Originally posted by qwe015:
If you love 2nd round draft picks, then you will love the 76ers

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150215_Expect_more_tank_maneuvers_from_Hinkie.html

tanking rules
This post was edited on 2/14 2:47 PM by qwe015
Ball, you bored?

yea, nothing but 2nd RD picks if you don't count the two 1st Rders he took in 2013. The two he got last year, one voted best young player in all of Europe. And the two he'll have this year. Oh yea, if MIA decides to tank and gets to top 10 this year, then it carries over to next year, if they are top 10 next year, then it's unprotective the following year when they more than likely suck. Oh yea, he also got back the 1st RDer the prior regime lost in Bynum trade. Oh yea, and those 20 2nd Rders you mentioned aren't that bad considering he already drafted two keepers in this year's 2nd RD. I like where this is headed.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
this tank going to end any time soon?
I think so. Only year two. I see improvement. Obviously, not all the pieces in place yet, but I see the youngest team in the history of the league getting better. Just check the defensive numbers compared to last year. Plenty of progress. No guarantees, but a lot to be hopeful about.

Looking forward to a 350 pound Embiid breaking his foot next year.
That would be disappointing. Good thing the report of 300 was wrong.,

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

I think so. Only year two. I see improvement. Obviously, not all the pieces in place yet, but I see the youngest team in the history of the league getting better. Just check the defensive numbers compared to last year. Plenty of progress. No guarantees, but a lot to be hopeful about.
So it will be a 5 year things when it's done? Half a decade it took to get better at basketball?

So it will be a 5 year things when it's done? Half a decade it took to get better at basketball?
To get what done?

It's year two. Not sure how long it will take.

This will be year 15 and the Knicks have one playoff series win in that time. They currently have a max player and are worse than the Sixers. i think you have other things to worry about than when the Sixers get it "done."

To get what done?

It's year two. Not sure how long it will take.

Call me when Lucas Duda wins something.
Fixed. Always to the NY team. Ever time. Clockwork.

Again, get what done? I don't know what that means. And as a Knick fan, can't I ask you the same question since they've been more irrelevant and unfixed over the last two decades?

This is a thread about the Sixers. Like clockwork you go righto GCitW team X. Like clockwork. YAWN

This is a thread about the Sixers. Like clockwork you go righto GCitW team X. Like clockwork. YAWN
Exactly. So, when a typical CoDB'er comes at me expect it to be returned. Not hard to understand here. A Knocks fan questioning how long anything takes is bizarre. Seriously, dude. But what do you mean get this done? Make playoffs? Top half of conference? Conference contender? NBA title? Get what done?

36G14Bk.gif

It's ok. I understand you don't have a leg to stand on here. I mean it doesn't get anymore ridiculous than a Knicks' fan questioning how long something will take. Just as long as you understand the rules of engagement here. You come at me for something CoP sports related then expect the same back. Again, not hard to understand.

I always marveled at your simple mindset. You get to chime in on anything CoP related and the second it comes back at you it's time to pull out the, this is a thread about blah, blah, blah. Talk about a YAWN.

We're this were a general NBA a thread or a Knicks thread , it would make sense to discuss the Knicks past and present. It's not. Therefore, Clockwork. Too easy. Impossible for you to lay off. Just impossible. See Phillies, et al.

Here's my impartial ruling.

Technically yes burrs did bring up the Knicks first but in this context it seems justified in the spirit of give and take. It's known your a Knicks fan therefore not a big deal to bring them into discussion especially since the context is tanking which both teams are doing.

For example if you went to the Gerorgetown board and engaged fans in some questioning and they brought up Villanova, would that be wrong? No.

Ruling: Dmil needs to grow a thicker vag.

Technically yes burrs did bring up the Knicks first but in this context it seems justified in the spirit of give and take. It's known your a Knicks fan therefore not a big deal to bring them into discussion especially since the context is tanking which both teams are doing.

For example if you went to the Gerorgetown board and engaged fans in some questioning and they brought up Villanova, would that be wrong? No.

I'm not bothered by it. As a Knicks fan, we're used to it by now. And I don't have anything to do with how they are run so I dont exactly take this personally. It's not my doing so I dont care what is said. But it's classic thin skin here. You cannot say ANYTHING about the Phillies without burrs bringing up Lcas Duda, the Mets, or Rizzo and the Nats. You canot say anything about he Sixers without the Knicks coming up. Like clockwork. Biggest YAWN going. Save maybe him and Novacat94 nit picking the next tjc3844 post.

Again, i dont have any issue with it. It's amusing.

We're this were a general NBA a thread or a Knicks thread , it would make sense to discuss the Knicks past and present. It's not. Therefore, Clockwork. Too easy. Impossible for you to lay off. Just impossible. See Phillies, et al.
Disagree. It's perplexing to why a Knicks's fan would ask how long? Seriously, you can't make it up.

And yes I totally agree. You come at me, then expect the same back. Again, not hard to figure it out. You don't get to make the rules here. Every topic is open for discussion regardless of thread title.

Anyway, back on topic, would you like to clarify what you mean by "done"?

Solid post from a solid poster.

Who's Lucas Duda?
He's the guy you have mentioned literally 25 times whenever someone brings up Ryan Howard.

#clockwork

#yawn

#poormansjoemerc

This post was edited on 2/15 2:24 PM by Ninetynine5.0

Back to exaggerating again.

Just like with your eating TJC's asshole bit. I went back yesterday and looked at the last 20 threads that nitwit started. I didn't post in 15 of them. Three had a single harmless comment. Yet, it's "literally" every single one in your warped head. Again, talk about Yawn.

Back on topic, what do you mean by "done?"

The tank has only been in play for a year and a half at this point (it started when they traded holiday at the 2013 draft) and will be over after this season. If it's not, I will join in on the Hinkie criticism. I see no reason to not expect a playoff level team playing some of the best defense in the eastern conference next season - they will have an identity and the DRtg numbers over the last month show that this is not far fetched at all.

Snottie, how will one know the tank is over? If people need them to sign middling FA type then that's not happening. At least I don't think so.

Snottie, how will one know the tank is over? If people need them to sign middling FA type then that's not happening. At least I don't think so.
How about some kind of signal that you are no longer openly trying to embarrass the league?

The league is setup and rigged in a way that encourages and subsequently rewards teams that take this course of action. Sixers and many others are finally realizing that. Blame the shitty way the NBA is setup which is basically a glorified fantasy league for its top stars to manipulate trades and free agency to form 3-4 super teams. Don't blame the bottom feeding teams looking to join that club rather than be a perennial 42 win team that loses in 1st round every year.

How about some kind of signal that you are no longer openly trying to embarrass the league?
Example please.

But like I said, I'm encouraged by some of the things they have going on. Nowhere near the end of the tunnel but I see a flicker of light.

And no one is trying to embarrass the league. They are trying to build something. Geez, no one is interested in 33 wins every year and being capped out. Been there. Does't work.

This post was edited on 2/15 3:28 PM by wcburrs87

Is there anything more wrthoess in sports than a NBA second round draft pick?

Not sure, but you should ask Dante Cunningham?

Gilbert Arenas, Tony Kukoc, Draymond Green, Danny Ainge, Isiah Thomas (current Suns guard), DeAndre Jordan, Kyle Korver, Goran Dragic, Dennis Rodman, Carlos Boozer, Chandler Parsons, Rashard Lewis, Trevor Ariza, Lance Stephenson, Michael Redd, Monta Ellis, Paul Millsap, Manu, Marc Gasol, and Philly's own World B. Free and Hal Greer all would have something to say to that.

Disagree. It's perplexing to why a Knicks's fan would ask how long? Seriously, you can't make it up.

And yes I totally agree. You come at me, then expect the same back. Again, not hard to figure it out. You don't get to make the rules here. Every topic is open for discussion regardless of thread title.

Anyway, back on topic, would you like to clarify what you mean by "done"?
Still on the Knicks. Like clock work. In a Sixers thread. I didnt come at you at all. Not in the least.

Just like with your eating TJC's asshole bit. I went back yesterday and looked at the last 20 threads that nitwit started. I didn't post in 15 of them. Three had a single harmless comment. Yet, it's "literally" every single one in your warped head. Again, talk about Yawn.

The guy who post to almost every single Tjc post is talking about 'eating his asshole'. The only thing this thread is missing is a Mike Rizzo knock from you.

This post was edited on 2/15 7:01 PM by Ninetynine5.0

The guy who post to almost every single Tjc post is talking about 'eating his asshole'. The only thing this thread is missing is a Mike Rizzo knock from you.

This post was edited on 2/15 7:01 PM by Ninetynine5.0
Again, with the exaggerations. When I checked yesterday of his last 20 threads I wasn't featured in 15 of them. And only once three others. Please, let's be factually correct here. How is that almost every single? Take a math class.

Says the guy who created the Mike Rizzo bash.

Originally posted by YourBuddyRayhad:
Heck of a way to spend a Sunday afternoon: arguing online about two lousy pro basketball teams
No one was arguing about these teams. We were arguing about Dmil's one-way tendencies. He can say whatever he wants about CoP teams, but when returned his vag gets hurt. Perplexing.

It's a CoP thread, specifically. You brought up the Knicks for reasons no one is clear about.
#mikerizzo
#whathasdudawon
#yawn
#clockwork

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT